Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Horrible word Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hate the word chu?
  Indubitably!
  Not really.
View Results

The MoUsY spell-checker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:24 pm
Ezra Pound
Chu is Japanese onomatopoeia for the sound of a kiss. It doesn't literally translate.

Oh, it's the sound of a kiss and not that of rodents? I always thought it was onomatopoeia for the sound of rodents.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:51 pm
I don't think this pronunciation is intentional all the time. It's probably an effect of speaking too fast.  

MistuhFieryCat

v_tec_nat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:20 pm
Hello.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:48 pm
LarryTheLlama666
I am terribly sorry but this word aggravates me.Does anyone else get annoyed by the word chu?It has no point really in my opinion.

That isn't a word... is it? confused
I always assumed it was something some kid made up to look "cool", and instead ended up looking moronic. XD  

Xx_Murderous Doll_xX

LarryTheLlama666

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:31 am
TifferMinx
LarryTheLlama666
I am terribly sorry but this word aggravates me.Does anyone else get annoyed by the word chu?It has no point really in my opinion.

That isn't a word... is it? confused
I always assumed it was something some kid made up to look "cool", and instead ended up looking moronic. XD
Some people use it to take the place of you.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:34 am
Let's just say that I have had some horrible experiences with that word.....  

Nicoli Hunt

LarryTheLlama666

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:51 pm
Nicoli Hunt
Let's just say that I have had some horrible experiences with that word.....
I am sorry to hear that ma'am.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:12 pm
Okay, I don't use that word ever and never will but my friends use cha instead it's really dorky to say cha but when I'm with my friends we say say "whatcha doing" and stuff like that. I've never heard of chu. I think it sounds kind of stupid but so does cha! I also have a bad habit of saying Chi in japanese it means blood but I don't use it as that I just say it when I'm talking half the time I don't notice!  

Muffin Manic

Hilarious Raccoon

The Shoe Pile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:02 pm
I thought chu was just a cute sound effect used in Japan.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:10 pm
Chu probably originated from accents and speaking too quickly. Admittedly, I often use "Wha'chya" when greeting friends in face to face speech. As for accents, think of a southerner, who might say "'Ey, wh'chu doin'?"

Did you know there are a group of people who want to change the whole English language to phonetics...?  

Ekame

Gaaloratan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:15 pm
Wow....
That does annoy me. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:18 pm
That is annoying. They contain the same amount of letters why can't they just use the right word?

Deaf.Screams.

LarryTheLlama666

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:44 pm
Ekame
Chu probably originated from accents and speaking too quickly. Admittedly, I often use "Wha'chya" when greeting friends in face to face speech. As for accents, think of a southerner, who might say "'Ey, wh'chu doin'?"

Did you know there are a group of people who want to change the whole English language to phonetics...?
Really?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:58 pm
LarryTheLlama666
Ekame

Really?

I'm one of them.  

The Man who was Thursday

Muffin Manic

Hilarious Raccoon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:38 pm
Okay this might sound rude since it seems like a lot of people care but, sorry I'm not seeing how this matters. It's just how people talk like I said earlier I say Chi all the time and no one ever complains to me about it. I'm just not really getting the point of this. But it is kind of a fun conversation.
That reminds me does any one else say stuff like "kinda and sorta" because I see people using the extra 'a' all the time but I never hear anyone say anything about it.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff