Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
This made me want to kill myself. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:42 am
*burns comment*  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:43 pm
Sorry, I now have a slight concussion from falling off my seat. (not from the first post) but from other shared ones.

Unfortunately, I used to be a victim of chatspeak. If I knew me then, I woke stranglge myself.  

Domenic

rae-chan-sensei

Lonely Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:16 am
xAvenirYuinax
rae-chan-sensei

She said that she's 14, which doesn't scare me as badly because hopefully she'll grow out of this obsession and her aversion to typing properly. (...I dunno, though. I graduated high school with a girl who was even-more-obsessed with Howie from the Backstreet Boys, and I heard that she's still at him three years later...) I'd be creeped out, if I was that guy.

Silly children. They don't know a thing about love... or apparently, typing. rolleyes

I suddenly feel sorry for celebrities... -grave nod- I have a friend whom has been obssessed with an anime character for over five years. That's a little scary too...

I'm not sure about other people, but I tend to prefer to keep my obsessions to myself. Or if I must express them I like to keep the madness to a minimum.

xXSavage NymphXx
MY obsession is my vampires and writing about them. THERE.

Go you! -applauds- Vampires are awesome! whee

There's such thing as a healthy obsession, where you are a huge fan of someone or something. This child here has an unhealthy obsession, one that can only lead to eventual heartbreak if it continues. Or she'll spend the rest of her life as a groupie and get an STD from sleeping with the security guy so that she can sneak backstage only to have the band brush her off and then get chucked out by the other security guy who is unfortunately (or fortunately, I don't know) gay and will not trade sexual favors in order for her to stay.

Wow. I'm negative today... and writing run-on sentences for some odd reason.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:20 pm
text talk and obsessions don't mix.
No.. no they don't...
-shudder-  

Fish Chum

Friendly Fatcat

Ellis Bell Esq.

Thirteenth Partier

400 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:35 pm
She's one of the reasons I depise fangirls with an intense loathing. The whole lot is socially embarassing, etc., but that's another topic for another day. cool

If you're going to be a fan, be a fan. An admirer, per say. Not a crazed otaku. They make restraining orders just for people like you, dear.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:47 pm
-Sigh- It's sad how little grammar is valued now-a-days...  

Vitoria-Chan

Ellis Bell Esq.

Thirteenth Partier

400 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:50 pm
Vitoria-Chan
-Sigh- It's sad how little grammar is valued now-a-days...

Completely off-topic, I'll have you know that your dancing Gaara is now safe inside my Humor folder on my desktop.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:05 am
Shichimaru
I'm sure it's the norm to speak like that when on a chat room or an IM, however on a forum or in a comment it is just wrong. Can we not learn how to type, people!?
Especially since comments are to be read by other people. The internet slowly cares less and less about other people though.  

Stumpilicious

"TXT TLK" horror stories

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces