Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
The shift key menace. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[~~Bakky~~]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:45 pm
MuffinChick54
I'll be typeing and I don't look at the key board or the screen and when I hit shift I sometimes hit caps lock and then I'll have to go back and type the whole thing again. But that happens to my friend all the time and she just leaves half of it in caps and half not. I drives me crazzy Does that ever happen to any of you?

Me *Raises hand* But I, also, go back and change it. Unless I don't notice. Then I type it out properly and send it again. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:47 pm
[~~Bakky~~]
MuffinChick54
I'll be typeing and I don't look at the key board or the screen and when I hit shift I sometimes hit caps lock and then I'll have to go back and type the whole thing again. But that happens to my friend all the time and she just leaves half of it in caps and half not. I drives me crazzy Does that ever happen to any of you?

Me *Raises hand* But I, also, go back and change it. Unless I don't notice. Then I type it out properly and send it again. xd

One of the things that bugs me a lot is when people do that on purpose or when people message me and I don't know what their saying ahhhh it drives me so crazy!  

Muffin Manic

Hilarious Raccoon

[~~Bakky~~]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:53 pm
MuffinChick54
[~~Bakky~~]
MuffinChick54

One of the things that bugs me a lot is when people do that on purpose or when people message me and I don't know what their saying ahhhh it drives me so crazy!

Yeah, I know what you mean.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:55 pm
[~~Bakky~~]
MuffinChick54
[~~Bakky~~]
MuffinChick54

But I don't see why people expect my grammer too be good but they exepect that I won't have a problem when theirs isn't. A couple days ago some illituerate kid was correcting my grammer.  

Muffin Manic

Hilarious Raccoon

[~~Bakky~~]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:57 pm
MuffinChick54
[~~Bakky~~]
MuffinChick54
[~~Bakky~~]
MuffinChick54

But I don't see why people expect my grammer too be good but they exepect that I won't have a problem when theirs isn't. A couple days ago some illituerate kid was correcting my grammer.

I'd have snapped. >.>' And quoted the post fixing every one of thier mistakes.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:00 pm
Well if you want to talk with me some more you can priviate message me but I'm leaving soon so bye!  

Muffin Manic

Hilarious Raccoon

[~~Bakky~~]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:01 pm
I might just do that, bye for now.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:52 pm
MistressIce: ment meant, capitilization capitalization
[~~Bakky~~]: wiening weaning, thier
MuffinChick54: typeing typing, crazzy crazy, grammer grammar, exepect expect, illituerate illiterate, priviate private

Yes, it is very annoying. I don't run into too many posts of that nature, thankfully. Mostly, I've run into screen names like that, especially on AIM and in the IRC chats.

I've also run into sentences where Every Other Word Was Capitalized. I don't know which is worse, no capitalization or excess. sweatdrop  

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

[~~Bakky~~]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:29 pm
Yami no Hitokiri
[~~Bakky~~]: wiening weaning, thier

I wasn't sure the spelling of weaning, and I didn't feel like looking it up. I also fixed the post so 'thier' works. razz  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:50 am
DarkElf27
On a similar note, I think that one of my shift keys (specifically the one on the left) is actually starting to wear out. About 1/10 times, it does not register that I pressed it. sweatdrop

Haha, I'm stuck with the same problem, its quite frustrating when I type in MS-DOS since there is no cursor to go back and fix only that error.

Edit: By the way, first post since I have been allowed in the guild, someone decap the cola.  

Latex Doll

Perfect Girl

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas