Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pirates Of The Caribbean, The Official Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply Welcome To The Deck Luv
look! an undead monkey! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

?
  jack
  barbosars
View Results

[.Wands.and.Wings.]

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:49 am
It's Barbosa's ..
He said they 'named the monkey jack.' .. if the monkey had been there when jack was the captain of the black pearl then surely the monkey would have already been there with a name..
so yeh..i would say that it belonged to barbosa =)
xx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:48 pm
it was barbosas then jacks, then Tia.  

Fallen Mermaid

Ehlayah

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:52 pm
I think it was originally jacks. Then when barbossa took over the black pearl he inquired the monkey.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:22 pm
its always been barbossa's  

Angel Bixxa

550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

amakama

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:57 am
The monkey isn't owned by anyone!

It's as independant as you and me, in fact he's Barbossa's best friend (i reckon) oh and by the way he did go to Jack, and returned to Barbossa, Because he didn't want to be Jack's stress relief, (didn't like getting shot).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:46 pm
i think it's barbossa's cuz it seems closer to him  

Miss_J_Lynn

HackAutoSystem5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:45 am
Yeah, I think its Barbosas because the seems to like him more than it does jackkkk.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:32 pm
The monkey loves treasure!
3nodding heart

amakama

Selene Snape

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:00 pm
He is Barbossa's, in the first movie when the monkey steals the necklace and runs across the mass he gives it to Barbossa. Barbossa says 'Thank you Jack' then Jack Sparrow who ran across after the monkey say 'You're welcom'. Barbossa then says 'Not you we named the monkey Jack'. So Barbossa had to got the monkey right after he marooned Jack on that island and he missed him sooo much that he named his pet after him. As well in AWE he treats the little guy like a child saying 'You're a good boy, yes you are...' stare

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:18 pm
Jack shoots the monkey, Barbossa treats him well.

It's gotta be Barbossa's...  

Josephine Falnor

8,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

red_angel14

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:07 pm
i think its barbossa's monkey  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:14 am
Aka Kiba
Hey why is the monkey still undead anyway? If the curse was lifted on everyone else why not the monkey?
because if you stayed and watched the clip at the end of the first movie, Jack swims over to where Barbossa laid dead, and stole one of the aztec gold coins...  

Euchi101

Sadient

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:24 pm
I was thinking that it was Barbossa's in the first place and the monkey just attached to Jack after he supposly "killed" Barbossa in the Pirates of the Caribbean.

Maybe the monkey just stays with who-ever owns the Black Pearl..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:20 am
jack(the monkey) is most likely barbossa's  

Taishita Suzaku

Thieving Rogue

7,400 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Partygoer 500

zombeh-tapeworm

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:56 am
The Monkeys Barbossa's.
It was with him in COTBP and Jack seemed very shocked and surprised that there even was a monkey. That and Barbossa named it Jack just to annoy Cap'n Jack.
In DMC the monkey was every unhappy being with Cap'n Jack. I also believe that the moneky was just there to make sure Cap'n Jack didn't do nothin stupid to the pearl. Also when the monkey is freed from the cage at Tia Dalma's you see the monkey run to a pair of boots [Barbossa's Boots, ZOMG!] and at the end when Barbossa appears the monkey is both on his shoulder and pretty darn happy to be there.
SPOILER [if you haven't seen it, then your a sad, sad person]
in AWE its verry attaced to Barbossa. proberly trying not to let him die again. also at the end you catch Barbossa feeding the monkey a peanut saying "yer a good boy. Daddy loves ye" or wherever he says. But the fact is that Barbossa clearly loves and looks after Jack the Monkey as if it was the very fruit of his loins!

Thus this case is closed.

Jack the Monkey = Pet/pretend child of a Capitan Hector *snigger* Barbossa!  
Welcome To The Deck Luv

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff