Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
Can 'LOL' sound more obnoxious? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ashfary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:28 pm

"LOL" is so annoying. I don't know how anyone can withstand it's usage.
My friends do it all the time, and when they
say it online, it sounds like they're not really laughing out loud but being a total idiot. gonk

My friend started to say it in real life too, she was amused by my pain. gonk

But that's just me..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:43 pm
I find myself in similar situations on a daily basis as well. My poor ears.  

xAvenirYuinax

YamiMalik13

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:36 pm
MyOwnBestCritic
What bothers me most? When people say "lol" in real life. When you CAN laugh out loud, why waste the time to giggle and say, "lol?"

- burning_eyes - burning_eyes - burning_eyes -

I agree. What's even more obnoxious is when people use other "TXT TLK" like "jk-ing". I shall quote one of my friends, "Your fly is undone, just jk-ing!"  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:43 pm
MyOwnBestCritic
What bothers me most? When people say "lol" in real life. When you CAN laugh out loud, why waste the time to giggle and say, "lol?"

Haha. xD;

I do thattttt. rofl

raucous rae

wcs792

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:36 pm
I only use "lol" because hearing/saying it lets me shoot beems of firey raging death from my eyes.
"lol"
BZRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTT!!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:38 pm
My ex boyfriend says "lol", "pwn", and "jk" in real life. Notice I bolded the ex.  

Buccellatte

Sparkly Conversationalist

Sighren

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:13 am
Well now.. o o . I play WoW, and use Vent to talk to my guild members, so I will occasionally say "Owned" or "Pwned" or "lol" or other things like that. Hehehe, like when I "pwned" that level 26 Hunter before he knew what hit him.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:33 pm
Do you know something? I lolled hard at almost every post in this thread.

It truly makes me chuckle the way witty grammatical folk make fun of abbreviations.

I personally have no problem with the term 'lol', as I think I have already made obvious.
But yes, when people start to capitalise and add exclamation marks, it gets bad.

I find it incredibly fun to take the piss of txt spk abreviations, I'll sometimes even take the time to type out "Doubleyew Tee Eff".  

Marcus McFlufferson

Silverkleptofox

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:13 pm
YamiMalik13
MyOwnBestCritic

I agree. What's even more obnoxious is when people use other "TXT TLK" like "jk-ing". I shall quote one of my friends, "Your fly is undone, just jk-ing!"

That's like saying ATM machine. Since jk stands for 'just kidding' just jk-ing would mean "just just kidding -ing." Why are people so arrogant these days?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:02 pm
Sighren
Well now.. o o . I play WoW, and use Vent to talk to my guild members, so I will occasionally say "Owned" or "Pwned" or "lol" or other things like that. Hehehe, like when I "pwned" that level 26 Hunter before he knew what hit him.

Some times a "pwn't" slips out. But only in the right context.  

Buccellatte

Sparkly Conversationalist

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:03 am
Lol pwned!
I use it all the time.
Makes me chuckle.

Watched Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith yesterday. When Obi drops that big metal thing on those robot guards or whatever in that hanger.
That was so lol pwned.  
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces