Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

deathcomes_onsilentwings

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:56 pm
"Fiction is much better then reality."
That's my quote.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:21 pm
Angels come to visit us and we only know when they are gone.

Everyone says you only fall in love once but thats not true, everytime I hear your voice I fall in love all over again.

You laugh because I'm different I laugh because you're all the same.
If I could be anything I would be your tear, so I could be born in your eye, live down your cheek and die on your lips.
You never know what you have until you lose it, and once you lose it, you can never get it back.

You know your in love when the hardest thing to say is goodbye.

Love is like falling down... in the end you're left hurt, scarred, and with a memory of it forever.

I don't need your attitude, I have one of my own.

To say that you can love one person all your life, is like saying that one candle will continue to burn for as long as you live.

You may shoot me with your words,You may cut me with your eyes,You may kill me with your hatefullness, But still, like air, I'll rise.

No where on your birth certificate did it say life would be fair.

Fear is nothing but the anticipation of pain, be it physical, mental, spiritual or emotional.

Sarcasm keeps you from telling people what you really think of them.

You don't fail if you fall, you fail if you don't try to get up.

Who do you turn too when the only one who can dry your tears is the one who made you cry.

The cutest kittens have the sharpest claws.

Tears are words the heart can't say.

True love is like a ghost, which everyone talks about but few have seen.

I dont have an Attitude Problem...Its supposed to be like this.

Men kick friendship around like a football and it doesn't seem to crack. Women treat it like glass and it falls to pieces.

Even if the voices are not real, they have some good ideas.

Its not an attitude,its the way I am.

If you don't stand for something, you will fall for everything.

If you are the flame, you can't be burned.

If love was like a war..I'm glad I surrendered myself to you.

Insanity is just anger put to good use!

If you blame others for your failures, do you credit them for your achievements?

Some people get lost in thought because it's such unfamiliar territory.

Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.

All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost.

Climb high.
Climb far.
Your goal the sky.
Your aim the star.

Walk on a rainbow trail;
Walk on a trail of song,
and all about you will be beauty.
There is a way out of every dark mist,
over a rainbow trail.

War is delightful to those who have had no experience of it.

The beauty of the world has two edges, one of laughter, one of anguish, cutting the heart asunder.

Even a small star shines in the darkness.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

Understanding does not cure evil, but it is a definite help, inasmuch as one can cope with a comprehensible darkness.

The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness.

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

Insane people are always sure that they are fine. It is only the sane people who are willing to admit that they are crazy.

The supreme happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved -- loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.

Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes . . . just be an illusion.

This above all; to thine own self be true.

Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentist telum est.
A sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.

Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on Earth. So what the hell, leap!

What a strange illusion it is to suppose that beauty is goodness.

The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.

Death is the opening of a more subtle life. In the flower, it sets free the perfume; in the chrysalis, the butterfly; in man, the soul.

You never know what happiness a simple act of kindness will bring about.

I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin deep. That's deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?

Show me the country in which there are no strikes and I'll show you that country in which there is no liberty.

In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Books are the legacies that a great genius leaves to mankind, which are delivered down from generation to generation as presents to the posterity of those who are yet unborn.

Once we have a war there is only one thing to do. It must be won. For defeat brings worse things than any that can ever happen in war.

Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good you'll have to ram them down people's throats.

Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it. A good writer turns fact into truth; a bad writer will, more often than not, accomplish the opposite.

A person who does not read good books has no advantage over the person who can't read them.

A classic is a book which people praise and don't read.

Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.

It is a good idea to be alone in a garden at dawn or dark so that all it's shy presences may haunt you and possess you in a reverie of suspended thought.

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. That is the difference between dog and man.

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

A public library is the most enduring of memorials, the trustiest monument for the preservation of an event or a name or an affection; for it, and it only, is respected by wars and revolutions, and survives them.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Dreams are only thoughts you didn't have time to think about during the day.

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.

Dreams are illustrations . . . from the book your soul is writing about you.

Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions.

You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can't ride you unless your back is bent.

Darkness can not drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

When stars are in the quiet skies,
Then most I pine for thee;
Bend on me, then, thy tender eyes,
As stars look on the sea.

All religions will pass, but this will remain: simply sitting in a chair and looking in the distance.

Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.

Rarely do we find men who willingly to engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think.

If a man is called to be a streetsweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven played music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great streetsweeper who did his job well.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark.

If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart.

Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind... War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today.

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie--diliberate, contrived, and dishonest--but the myth - persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.

Truly, it is in darkness that one finds the light, so when we are in sorrow, then this light is nearest to all of us.

Death comes equally to us all, and makes us all equal when it comes.

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light

We are told to let our light shine, and if it does, we won't need to tell anybody it does. Lighthouses don't fire cannons to call attention to their shining - they just shine.

When we walk to the edge of all the light we have and take the step into the darkness of the unknown, we must believe that one of two things will happen. There will be something solid for us to stand on or we will be taught to fly.

Night, the beloved. Night, when words fade and things come alive. When the destructive analysis of day is done, and all that is truly important becomes whole and sound again. When man reassembles his fragmentary self and grows with the calm of a tree.

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.

We cannot hold a torch to light another's path without brightening our own.

An optimist is a person who sees only the lights in the picture, whereas a pessimist sees only the shadows. An idealist, however, is one who sees the light and the shadows, but in addition sees something else: the possibility of changing the picture, of making the lights prevail over the shadows.

Night is the blotting paper for many sorrows.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge.

It is the anonymous "they," the enigmatic "they" who are in charge. Who is "they"? I don't know. Nobody knows. Not even "they" themselves.

A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.

He too serves a certain purpose who only stands and cheers.

Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Twilight drops her curtain down, and pins it with a star.

This dead of midnight is the noon of thought,
And Wisdom mounts her zenith with the stars.

Love to his soul gave eyes; he knew things are not as they seem. The dream is his real life; the world around him is the dream.

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

I am imagination. I can see what the eyes cannot see. I can hear what the ears cannot hear. I can feel what the heart cannot feel.

Only as high as I reach can I grow,
Only as far as I seek can I go,
Only as deep as I look can I see,
Only as much as I dream can I be.

There they stand, the innumerable stars, shining in order like a living hymn, written in light.

Night time is really the best time to work. All the ideas are there to be yours because everyone else is asleep.

I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day.

The opposite of love is not hate but indifference.

Love me or hate me but spare me your indifference.

Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it.

Happy the man, and happy he alone,
He who can call today his own;
He who secure within can say:
Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today.

The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being. His heart withers if it does not answer another heart. His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration.

In hatred as in love, we grow like the thing we brood upon. What we loathe, we graft into our very soul.

A man gazing at the stars is proverbially at the mercy of the puddles in the road.

For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it.
For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it.
For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it.

Always love your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.

The white light streams down to be broken up by those human prisms into all the colors of the rainbow.

The world of reality has its limits; the world of imagination is boundless.

Science says: “We must live” and seeks the means of prolonging, increasing, facilitating and amplifying life, of making it tolerable and acceptable; wisdom says: “We must die” and seeks how to make us die well.

The important thing is not the object of love, but the emotion itself.

You can kill a man but you can't kill an idea.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Storytelling is how we survive, when there's no feed, the story feeds something, it feeds the spirit, the imagination. I can't imagine life without stories, stories from my parents, my culture. Stories from other people's parents, their culture. That's how we learn from each other, it's the best way. That's why literature is so important, it connects us heart to heart.
~ Alice Walker, American author

If you are going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.

The modern physicist is a quantum theorist on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and a student of gravitational relativity theory on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. On Sunday he is neither, but is praying to his God that someone, preferably himself, will find the reconciliation between the two views.

It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.

The night walked down the sky with the moon in her hand.

A great attitude does much more than turn on the lights in our worlds; it seems to magically connect us to all sorts of serendipitous opportunities that were somehow absent before the change.

Ideas are elusive, slippery things. Best to keep a pad of paper and a pencil at your bedside, so you can stab them during the night before they get away.

People are where they are because that is exactly where they really want to be - whether they will admit that or not

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Words, like nature, half reveal and half conceal the soul within.

The key to life is imagination. If you don't have that, no matter what you have, it's meaningless. If you do have imagination . . . you can make feast of straw.

He who has imagination without learning has wings and no feet.

Imagination is the eye of the soul.

The greatest discoveries have come from people who have looked at a standard situation and seen it differrently.

There is no such thing as a "self-made" man. We are made up of thousands of others. Everyone who has ever done a kind deed for us, or spoken one word of encouragement to us, has entered into the make-up of our character and of our thoughts, as well as our success.

Every path to a new understanding begins in confusion.

Understanding replaces imaginary fears with real ones.

I doubt the imagination can be suppressed. If you truly eradicated it in a child, that child would grow up to be an eggplant.

It is above all by the imagination that we achieve perception and compassion and hope.

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.

People are like stained glass windows: they sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light within.

Put it before them briefly so they will read it, clearly so they will appreciate it, picturesquely so they will remember it and, above all, accurately so they will be guided by its light.

If you would be pungent, be brief; for it is with words as with sunbeams - the more they are condensed, the deeper they burn.

Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?

To rid ourselves of our shadows - who we are - we must step into either total light or total darkness.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.

He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance, one cannot fly into flying.

On the mountains of truth you can never climb in vain: either you will reach a point higher up today, or you will be training your powers so that you will be able to climb higher tomorrow.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

What does not destroy me, makes me stronger.

I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

The uncreative mind can spot wrong answers, but it takes a very creative mind to spot wrong questions.

We are the music makers.
We are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.

You may write me down in history
With your bitter, twisted lies,
You may trod me in the very dirt
But still, like dust, I'll rise.

Most people are mirrors, reflecting the moods and emotions of the times few are windows, bringing light to bear on the dark corners where troubles fester. The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows.

We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek then with our eyes open.

Whether we are describing a king, an assassin, a theif, an honest man, a prostitute, a nun, a young girl, or a stallholder in a market, it is always ourselves that we are describing.

Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants.

The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary.

Our limitations serve, our wounds serve, even our darkness can serve.

This world is the land of the dying; the next is the land of the living.

To live in the hearts we leave behind is not to die.

The plague of mankind is the fear and rejection of diversity: monotheism, monarchy, monogamy and, in our age, monomedicine. The belief that there is only one right way to live, only one right way to regulate religious, political, sexual, medical affairs is the root cause of the greatest threat to man: members of his own species, bent on ensuring his salvation, security, and sanity.

To know what you prefer, instead of humbly saying "Amen" to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to keep your soul alive.

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth.

The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere.

There is just one life for each of us: our own.

There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

He does not need opium. He has the gift of reverie.

God has given you one face, and you make yourself another.

Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

Labels are for filing. Labels are for clothing. Labels are not for people.

The story teller makes no choice. Soon you will not hear his voice. His job is to shed light, and not to master. Since the end is never told, we pay the teller off in gold, in hopes he will return, but he cannot be bought or sold.

On life's journey faith is nourishment, virtuous deeds are a shelter, wisdom is the by day and right mindfulness is the protection by night. If a man lives a pure life, nothing can destroy him.

Everybody's journey is individual. If you fall in love with a boy, you fall in love with a boy. The fact that many Americans consider it a disease says more about them than it does about homosexuality.

Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light somewhere nearby.

There is no instinct like that of the heart.

They all laughed at Albert Einstein. They all laughed at Columbus. Unfortunately, they also all laughed at Bozo the Clown.

Blessed are the cracked for they shall let in the light!

I like the fact that in ancient Chinese art the great painters always included a deliberate flaw in their work: human creation is never perfect.

When we are writing, or painting, or composing, we are, during the time of creativity, freed from normal restrictions, and are opened to a wider world, where colors are brighter, sounds clearer, and people more wondrously complex than we normally realize.

Is there anything in the universe more beautiful and protective than the simple complexity of a spider's web?

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

But, he said to himself, whether they knew or didn't know is not the main issue; the main issue is whether a man is innocent because he didn't know. Is a fool on the throne relieved of all responsibility because he is a fool?

The border between good and evil is terribly fuzzy.

If excitement is a mechanism our Creators uses for His own amusement, love is something that belongs to us alone and enables us to flee the Creator. Love is our freedom. Love lies beyond 'Es muss sein!' (It must be so).

Attaching love to sex is one of the most bizarre ideas the Creator ever had.

He who controls the past commands the future. He who commands the future conquers the past.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
~ George Orwell, intro to Animal Farm

The bird that would soar above the level of plain tradition and prejudice must have strong wings. It is a sad spectacle to see the weaklings bruised, exhausted, fluttering back to earth.

Only in silence the word,
only in dark the light,
only in dying life:
bright the hawk's flight
on the empty sky.

Should we continue to look upwards? Is the light we can see in the sky one of those which will presently be extinguished? The ideal is terrifying to behold, lost as it is in the depths, small, isolated, a pin-point, brilliant but threatened on all sides by the dark forces that surround it nevertheless, no more in danger than a star in the jaws of the clouds.--

In an expanding universe, time is on the side of the outcast. Those who once inhabited the suburbs of human contempt find that without changing their address they eventually live in the metropolis.

That which the dream shows is the shadow of such wisdom as exists in man, even if during his waking state he may know nothing about it.... We do not know it because we are fooling away our time with outward and perishing things, and are asleep in regard to that which is real within ourself.

It has not been for nothing that the word has remained man's principal toy and tool: without the meanings and values it sustains, all man's other tools would be worthless.

What is straight? A line can be straight, or a street, but the human heart, oh, no, it's curved like a road through mountains.

How many of our daydreams would darken into nightmares, were there a danger of their coming true!

It was all very well going on about pure logic and how the universe was ruled by logic and the harmony of numbers, but the plain fact of the matter was that the disc was manifestly traversing space on the back of a giant turtle and the gods had a habit of going round to atheists' houses and smashing their windows.

When a dream takes hold of you, what can you do? You can run with it, let it run your life, or let it go and think for the rest of your life about what might have been.

See this door? It’s opening, you’re going through it, and now it’s shutting!

If an insane person doesn't know he's insane, how does a sane person know he's sane?

The lemon, the lime, and the lock. Thank you, that is all." click

It's too bad I'm not a crazy cannibal!

The legless monkey has to die!
~ Mr. Kelley, high school history teacher, discussing social Darwinism and monkeys

Dude . . . it's the sky!
~ Allison, in the middle of a field in Glen Helen, California near the Blockbuster pavillion, looking quite amazed.

Reason’s why I shaved my head:
1. The sky is not green today like it was last week.
2. My cat died and I needed something fuzzy to pet.
3. It runs in the family.
4. I don’t need a boyfriend because boyfriend’s aren’t fuzzy - they’re hairy. And for some reason, the guys don’t get this!"

If you’d been a plowin’ instead a plottin’, you would’ve realized that’s it’s gotten hot an’ the cotton’s gotten rotten!

More crack for old people!
~ Ms. Lambert, ninth grade history teacher. Imagine a small pretty woman in a neon pink dress shouting this and pumping her arms in the air. It was quite funny. smile

sry guys, I'm a quote freak, lmao! rofl rofl  

nightwing773

AverageTyrant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:50 pm
Haha. I kinda save quotes. Now let me filter out the fanfic ones, and the dirttyyy ones too.

A person usually has 2 reasons for doing something: a good reason and a real reason

No matter what three things you take with you, eventually you're going to have to realize you're trapped on an island.

"What's the worst he can do? Kill you and have you reincarnated as a Catholic schoolgirl or something?"

“What were you drinking?”
“Lots of things. Alcohol mainly.”

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.”—Oscar Wilde

"I'd give you a piece of my mind, but I'm on my last one!"

"How far can you open your mind before your brain falls out?"

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going; this is also sometimes known as a tactical retreat!"

"We are not retreating, we are simply advancing in the other direction!"

"Stand up for Jesus, or for Christ's sake sit down!"

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons... you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

"Tradgedy is when I cut my finger, comedy is when I fall into an open sewer and die" - Mel Brooks

"Sometimes I look up at the stars in the sky and I ask myself, 'where have I gone wrong?' and the little voice answers, 'this is going to take more than one night!'"

"You are unique, just like everyone else!"

"I can only please one person per day, today is not your day and tomorrow is not looking good either!"

"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a pack...Coincidence? I think not..."

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and others the statue."

**"If at first you don't succeed, cheat. Repeat 'til caught. Then Lie." -Cyrus

“The future ain't what it used to be.” - Yogi Berra.

“All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.” - Fran Lebowitz

“Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.” - Tom Robbins

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett

“I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!” - Tom Lehrer

“I wish people who have trouble communicating would just shut up.” - Tom Lehrer.

“My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met.” - Rodney Dangerfield

“The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'” - Ronald Reagan

“My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes.” - Ronald Reagan, said during a radio microphone test

“It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth.” - George Burns

“The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible.” - George Burns

"The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music"

“It is always the best policy to speak the truth – unless of course you are an exceptionally good liar.” Jerome K. Jerome

I have never liked working. To me a job is an invasion of privacy

Don’t take life so seriously. It isn’t permanent.

A lack of morals means more room for imagination.

XD

Yeah. Ignore me, okay?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:33 pm
"Do not injustice to another
Defend the weak and innocent
Let truth and honor always guide you
Let courage find the light within

Stand up when no one else is willing
Act not in hatred or in spite
Be to this world as a perfect knight
Even if it means your life"

-The Cruxshadows

"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching."

-Gandhi

"Conditional love is not really love at all."

-A.R. Tristend

"Let he among us without sin be the first to condemn."

-I believe that this is a Biblical quote.

"The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty. If you wish to find that which becomes the dividing line between mankind and other biological classifications, it rests not in brain size, dominance, or even emotional capability, but lies in the unique capacity for human beings to reflect on their actions and show regret, what is most certainly the ability to empathize, that gives them their position. All animals understand love and affection, but only man shows the propensity to place himself into the shoes of another lifeform. Losing this capability, among individuals of this species, reduces them below their much heralded position, and readies the climate for the likely fall of man, the fall from grace."

-I believe that this is from The Cruxshadows song 'Sophia', but I'm unsure.  

DreamerSpirit

x Socks x

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:58 pm
@DreamerSpirit: OMGCruxshadowsquote!! heart whee

"Dreams are the answers to questions that we have not yet figured out how to ask."

-Fox Mulder

"They say when we talk to God it's prayer, but when God talks to us, it's Schizophrenia."

-Fox Mulder

"Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity."

-Fox Mulder

"Everything is good in moderation."

-My Grandpa. (While talking to me about how even minors drinking isn't so bad if it's not a lot.) xd

"I'm the most terrific liar you ever saw in your life."

-Holden Caulfield from The Catcher In The Rye.

"You cannot map the ways of divinity. This much is known only unto God."

-The Crüxshadows: "Sophia"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:21 pm
Too... many... quotes... read... long post... of quotes... sweatdrop eek  

Mage The Red

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100

Vexworth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:26 pm
Truant Render:*ABRUPT CHANGE OF SUBJECT* HOW ABOUT THEM BANANAS, HUH?
lady letalis: HOLY BERJEEZUS, I KNOW! UNSEASONABLY WARM TODAY, AREN'T THEY?
Truant Render:YES THEY ARE!
lady letalis: OH, BLESS MY PANCREATIC VALVES, IT'S A RHINO! HI RHINO!!!!!!
Truant Render:*pokes the Rhino* YOU LOOK RATHER DASHING IN THAT BOWTIE MR. RHINO!
lady letalis:*is a rhino now* OH YES DARLING, I KNOW! IT UPS MY DEBONARITY AND SUAVENESS BY A FACTOR OF SEVEN!
Truant Render: YOU COULD DO COMMERCIALS AND HIGH LEVEL PORNOGRAPHY!
lady letalis:ON THAT SUBJECT! HAVE YOU SEEN THE NEW ADVERT FOR 'SINGING STDS FROM THE SPANISH MAIN'? I WAS IN IT! CULTURE CHANGING ENTERTAINMENT IT WAS! IT CAUSED SPONTANEOUS ERECTIONS IN BELGIANS FROM 2:00 TO 2:16 ON THE SEVENTH OF OCTOBER, 2004!!!!
lady letalis: GLORY AND GOSHEN!
Truant Render: O_______________________________________O I THINK MY HEART JUST STOPPED
lady letalis:OH DEAR
lady letalis: I SHALL HAVE TO ACQUIRE AN AED BY UNSAVORY MEANS!
Truant Render: HOOKERNESS?
lady letalis: AH YES! JUST THE COGITATIONS MAKE MY UNDERTHINGS UNCOMFORTABLE! I MUST SEEK OUT THE SPACE HOOKERS OF SATURN! DO YOU WISH TO ACCOMPANY ME ON MY GRAND QUEST!
lady letalis:(disclaimer: the space hookers of saturn are known medical geniuses and make aeds for a living.)
Truant Render:Can I get some cakes for the road?
lady letalis: WHY YES! I SHALL STOP AT THIS INNOCENT LOOKING CAKE SHOP! HELLO, PROPRIETOR! DO YOU CARE TO GIVE A PASTRY TO MY TRAVELING COMPANION?

Most quotable midnight AIM conversation EVER.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:01 pm
Darkness Is My Life's Blood

"Knowledge is what remains when what has been taught is forgotten"

"who you know will get your foot in the door, what you know will keep it out of your mouth"

"everyday I think "people can't possibly get any stupider and everyday I'm proven wrong"

"some call it stalking, I call it love"

Light Is My Deaths Curse

Dante Omura

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:06 pm
The Vampire Ruler
Darkness Is My Life's Blood

"everyday I think "people can't possibly get any stupider and everyday I'm proven wrong"

Light Is My Deaths Curse

Haha, nice one

"... A corpse can't laugh"
- Eddie (Silent Hill 2)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:53 pm
"Alas, all the sexy goth boys are gay. They are sexy. They are goths. They are men. But let's face it, they look better in a corset then you do." ~ InstaGoth Kit
That website makes me laugh so hard.

"ROCK IS NOT DEAD. (its just really really sick)" ~ Amy Lee
I love her. She's so damn cute.

"There's nothing holding you down. You are free, if in your mind you're free." ~ Amy Lee
Again, I love her. See why? That is some frickin' inspiration on a stick.

"Hello Mr. Emerson,

You are going to hell for your satanistic rituals. You might be sexy but that is no reason to defy GOD. I will laugh at you when you are down in hell eating pineapples and I in up in heaven being sexy.

Wow! I'm sexy and I get free pineapples! How cool is that??" Email to Mugglenet.com's Wall of Shame (italics), and Emerson's response (normal font)
That one never, EVER fails to make me smile.  

EvFaerAshlynn

xdemonicallyxyours13x

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:41 pm
Dear diary. I seem to be dead.

Johnny the Homicidal Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:49 pm
Short. Sweet. Simple. I love it.

And it's from my favourite TV series (that isn't actually on tv...I bought it on dvd) and my favourite book.

Ford Prefect
Time is an illusion. Lunch time, doubly so.

From Mr. Prefect from Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy.

heart

NikiPaprika

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Kristoya

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:13 pm
"I have a religion; my religion is kindness." -- His Holiness the Dalai Lama (I'm in love with that man.)

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." -- Voltaire (If that man wasn't dead, I'd totally marry him.)

These are from Mahatma Gandhi (do I need to say anything about him?):
"You must be the change you want to see in the world."

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?"

And these are all from Neitzsche (and if I was alive when he was, I'd totally have slept with him xd ):
"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything."

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid."

"In heaven all the interesting people are missing."

"In truth, there was only one Christian, and he died on the cross."

"To predict the behavior of ordinary people in advance, you only have to assume that they will always try to escape a disagreeable situation with the smallest possible expenditure of intelligence."

"In Christianity neither morality nor religion come into contact with reality at any point."

"Is man merely a mistake of God's? Or God merely a mistake of man's?"

"Plato is boring."

"God is dead, and we have killed Him."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:58 pm
"Shrieking black metal, Scandinavian liquor, and empty Bock bottles"

-Quote taken from my one of my literary works. :3

It is my most favorite.  

Crematoria

DieiNoctis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:31 am
I have so many, but unlike Nightwing, I'm not going to post all of them, just a small fraction.
*Just messing with you Nightwing*
God does not play dice with the universe: He plays an ineffable game of His own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players,* to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.
* i.e., everbody.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the conditions that surround him... The unreasonable man adapts surrounding conditions to himself... All progress depends on the unreasonable man."

When Jesus said "Love thy enemies" I think he meant 'Don't kill them'.

You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.

"Pacifism is a nice idea, but it can get you killed"
~George Carlin

"Marriage: When two people are under the influence of the most violent, most insane, most delusive, and most transient of passions, they are required to swear that they will remain in that excited, abnormal, and exhausting condition continuously until death do them part."

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

"I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation."

"Any man who is not a communist at the age of twenty is a fool. Any man who is still a communist at the age of thirty is an even bigger fool."

"This is a work of fiction. All the characters in it, human and otherwise, are imaginary, excepting only certain of the fairy folk, whom it might be unwise to offend by casting doubt on their existence. Or lack thereof."

"We all not only could know everything. We do. We just tell ourselves we don't to make it all bearable."

"It is a fool's prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."

"Instead of feeling alone in a group its better to have real solitude all by yourself."

"Live your life so the preacher won't have to lie at your funeral."

"We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited Powers, but we are sometimes driven to become the Devil himself."

"We are preceded by the very simple principle that to see how something works, you take it apart. Yet if you try to take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have in your hands is a nonworking cat."

"Stand up for what is right, even if you are standing alone."

Thirty spokes are joined at the nave to make a wheel
But it is the space between that lets it function
Lumps of clay are fashioned into a vessel
But it is the emptiness within that renders it useful
Doors and windows are cut to build a room
But it is the enclosure that furnishes a shelter
As we benefit from that which exists,
Let us recognize the utility of that which does not.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." — Albert Einstein.

"Demanding of another that he earns your respect is, in of itself, an act of arrogance, a way of self elevation, implying by its very nature that your respect is worth earning."

On one shoulder is a Devil saying, "Do it." On the other, an Angel saying, "Do it now."

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff