Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Shojo Beat :: The -now defunct- Magazine :.
How do you get your copy of Shojo Beat? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you subscribe to Shojo Beat?
  Yes :)
  Nope.
  I'm not allowed :(
  Other/Poll whore option
View Results

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:18 pm
lotusflower23
When the magazine first came out I used to buy it in stores, but I now have a subscription. I like the advantages of subscribing to it. You get the issue before it hits stores and you get the special gift inserts that are exclusive for subscribers.

What exactly do you get exclusive? I've always been rather curious... whee I know it says that you get extras for subscribing, but is there anything you know of in specific that you get that you wouldn't in a store? Cuz I know everyone gets the calendars...has there been anything?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:55 pm
i got my first copy at wal-mart,but i finally nagged my parents to let me suscribe........i heart vampire night.ZERO RULES!  

[memory_keeper]

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:48 am
[memory_keeper]
i got my first copy at wal-mart,but i finally nagged my parents to let me suscribe........i heart vampire night.ZERO RULES!

Lucky duck. I'm still stuck getting it at wal*mart or waldenbooks... sad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:06 pm
I usually get it at a bookstore like Waldenbooks or Hot Topic.  

Pinkcat Florist

KagomeHime369

3,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:28 pm
My parents bought me the subscription becuase they figured if I had one big manga magazine, I wouldn't blow all of my allowance on the other manga volumes sweatdrop So now I only purchase the manga I read about in Shojo Beat 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:13 pm
Huh? They really sell it at Wal-Mart and Waldenbooks? I would think Barnes and Noble would sell it because they are the largest bookstore chain around here but nooooooooooo So I guess I'll look there. Thanks a lot. See I'm clueless about this kind of stuff 4laugh  

himeko_princess

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:06 pm
himeko_princess
Huh? They really sell it at Wal-Mart and Waldenbooks? I would think Barnes and Noble would sell it because they are the largest bookstore chain around here but nooooooooooo So I guess I'll look there. Thanks a lot. See I'm clueless about this kind of stuff 4laugh

3nodding I got my first copy in a Waldenbooks/Borders Express, and I've gotten my last coupla issues at Wal*Mart. Huh...my Barnes and Nobles sells it...though occasionaly they don't have a random issue...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:42 am
Not really allowed to subscribe. I buy individual volumes or borrow them from friends.

All For Penguins

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:44 pm
All For Penguins
Not really allowed to subscribe. I buy individual volumes or borrow them from friends.

Always a viable option.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:53 pm
live across the street from barnes and nobe so i read all the manga i want and don't buy it and the mags are there too so i read those each month with out buying them xd xd xd  

Sweena101

panda21

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:33 am
I subscribe. At the beginning of every month I start staking out my mailbox waiting for the new issue! xd  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:10 pm
I have to get mines by book store.
It stinks because I don't always go out and buy manga.
D:

Can anyone tell me what this one site is called?
It showed this preview in the magazine.
Like a Kanji RPG.
>_____<;

heyMittenkiss

IRL Noob

7,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Elocutionist 200

writerserenyty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:07 pm
I got tired of wondering when I could go and get a new copy, and subscribed.

Now it's my happy time when I get one in the mail.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:25 pm
The first couple copies I got were at Borders, but I liked it so much that I eventually subscribed. I even bought my best friend a gift subscription!  

Mira_Russ

Nana Doll

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:59 am
It might be stupid but I just run to the store every month to go get the next Shojo Beat whee  
.: Shojo Beat :: The -now defunct- Magazine :.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games