Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Do you have those times where... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you love good grammar?
  Yep!
View Results

Nalarem

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:53 pm
I once corrected the student body president...right in front of our english teacher. Now he has this huge grudge against me, but that was three years ago.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:09 pm
The MoUsY spell-checker
I usually notice mistakes on worksheets, but I just show my friends (and not the teacher) if it's just a grammar mistake.

"Look, there's a mistake on the worksheet!"

This is just one way I can distract my classmates. There are many others, but this is off-topic.

You have NO IDEA how fun that is in a room full of illiterate blondes. You've GOT to try it. I spent the hour laughing my a** off because they couldn't find the one typo on the page.  

Sighren

xXblacksakuraXx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:25 pm
I sometimes correct people just to get on their nerves. ^.^  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:30 am
I never correct them out loud, but inside of my head I picture a giant red marker coming down and circling all the mistakes in other people's conversations.

I try to keep it an innocent little fantasy, though.  

Lady Snoogin

8,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Orchidsdance

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:30 am
I have never corrected anyone, mostly because I like my friends and family too much for them to hate me.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:47 am
I have done that at times before. Now, my kid does it to me and my boyfriend. Sometimes they just do it to annoy me about it.  

Shelton3369

Friendly Gaian

7,975 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100

applecyder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:34 am
I've done that ever since I could remember. Some people thank me for pointing out the correct term. Others get mad. Then I have to explain that I'm not correcting them just to spite them. It's a habit. It's automatic. Call it a curse if you will neutral It just slips out before I can stop myself. You know when you touch something hot your hand instantly recoils from it? That's how correcting grammar mistakes is to me.

I cannot stop it gonk

So don't hate me for it pirate  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:30 pm
At first, I kept my thoughts to myself about grammatical errors. Now, all my friends on Yahoo! and AIM correct themselves, because after months and months of me habitually correcting them annoyed them into using good grammar. sweatdrop

As for family, I will forever correct them because its fun to see the look on their faces to rofl

When it comes to teachers, I keep my mouth shut and snicker to myself. It's a great solace at the end of a bad day. xp  

Patron with a Mission

Zee Zee Top

4,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:06 pm
I used to correct my teachers in front of the class all the time... I don't openly correct their grammar anymore. I ask a question about what they've just said in correct grammar... Even if I know what the answer is.

As for family and friends, they almost always use correct grammar when speaking. They are especially careful about it around me. *smiles* It's probably due to the fact that, as a child I would correct everyone in grammar. I will admit, I'm not perfect at it yet... So, I've tried to cut back on the verbal corrections I make.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:29 pm
I usually correct grammer only if it is really major or if I am correcting somebodies English paper. I think that people aren't as stupid as we think they are sometimes and they probably know what they did wrong. Unless they have been proven otherwise ofcourse! rofl  

Zoe green eyes

4,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dressed Up 200

sdfghjklsdfghjskldfghjkls

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:34 pm
BlueDetective
Do you have those times in which you just automatically correct someone's grammar when you hear them use bad grammar?

The other day, my brother was in the kitchen and he said to my mom, "her did it." And Even though I was the one in trouble, I automatically said, "she did it." Granted, he's only four, but I couldn't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:00 pm
Intuicide
BlueDetective
Do you have those times in which you just automatically correct someone's grammar when you hear them use bad grammar?

The other day, my brother was in the kitchen and he said to my mom, "her did it." And Even though I was the one in trouble, I automatically said, "she did it." Granted, he's only four, but I couldn't help it.

I take it that was a "Yes"? rolleyes  

poggles

Sparkly Fairy

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Friendly 100

Acerbic Song

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:51 pm
Even though it does kind of make me look like an a*****e, yes, I correct someone's grammar. My mom said she wants me to do it for her now... My friends get kind of annoyed. I don't correct plenty of things, though, since I don't know much at the moment.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:46 pm
poggles
Intuicide
BlueDetective

I take it that was a "Yes"? rolleyes
C'est possible.  

sdfghjklsdfghjskldfghjkls

dark_moon_priestess

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:52 pm
Sadly, yes. That's why a bunch of my friends have taken to calling me "The English Teacher". It's really quite annoying, but I can't help it. I do it on instant messengers too xp  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff