5 Stars
  4 Stars
  3 Stars
  2 Stars
  1 Star
View Results

La Bella Rosa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:15 pm
This was by far the best movie I have ever seen (seriously, the subtitles made it even better)  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:26 pm
I loved this movie. The subtitles didn't distract me at all, the Spanish just made it better. I couldn't believe how incredible the makeup and effects were. The violence didn't really detract from the plot, it was historically accurate violence, not just stuck in to add more action. Overall, this is an awesome movie!  

Stephi_Girl

raining_lavender_knight

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:30 am
I love this movie so much. Especially the mythohology that's worked into it. And the visual effects.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:44 pm
That was one of my favorite movies.

I went to watch it in March, and it was one of the most suspenseful, frightening and touching movies I have ever seen.  

The_Ky-Guy

Spunk-a-doo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:21 am
geez - now that I read all the reviews I think I'd better go see it! By the way - is this a hidden message?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:59 pm
I saw this movie it was such a beautful movie. I loved the soundtrack especially the song that mercedes sings to the girl Ophelia. I was so glad when Mercedes attacked the captain.  

Blazefox1

Shy Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200

mccullars

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:42 am
riveting movie
you are draw in at the very beginning and it doesn't let go of you until well after the movie is over  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:07 am
I loved the movie- that melody was haunting, yet made sounded like a fairytale at the same time. The makeup and special effects were wonderful (if a little gory)  

Komatiite

Wuyabi

Peculiar Gentlewoman

26,525 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Timid 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:33 pm
Ryoko_Radley
.... I wouldn't recommend it for someone who doesn't like Mythology, or who never believed in fairies. <3

I wouldn't say that, Ryoko. The beauty of this movie is that it works on two levels.
Many religious groups, including Christians, find that for them, this movie is a moving meditation on the power of faith, (which no doubt confuses Guillermo Del Toro, who had some very bad experiences with Catholicism, if I recall correctly.)
On the other hand, Atheists and Agnostics find this to be a movie that is equally touching.
Though Ofelia could be suffering so much from the terrible circumstances around her that she has retreated into a fantasy world, most Atheists and Agnostics would tell you that this does not lessen in any way the sacrifices Ofelia makes for her mother and baby brother, or the impact of her heroism.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:20 am
I hate to sound like a prude, but I was kinda disappointed that the goat guy didn't try to get jiggy with the girl! This was the first foreign film that I actually stayed in the theatre the whole movie!!!  

sublime_necromancer

Da_Nuke

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:53 am
I come from Guillermo del Toro's same high school, the Instituto de Ciencias.

And trust me, if there is a movie that captures my school's philosophy, it's Guillermo del Toro's film.

It's so ******** awesome, it's so perfectly well done, and it gives you a very important message: blind obedience is not the way to go. As demonstrated by all the people who stood up to Vidal, who in the end managed to end his reign of evil.  
5: Entertainment Stew W. Cocoa

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff