australian current affairs... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Triste

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:56 pm
EmWah
What do you guys think of having an Australia card?

Me thinks it would be horribly annoying and pointless.

In the Australian society, yes. We've got a citizenship card that everyone above the age of 18 are required to possess in Indonesia; works like an ID. I don't see any real benefits in having them in Australia.

...unless you combine it with the transport systems. But that's a bit too ambitious and will take years to implement.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:52 am
student cards already o that, y not extred it excpte itll probably send the bus companies under xd  

scruffy012

EmWah
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:49 am
Ah I knew it! There ARE pumas! Lovely. I always thought the bush would be more fun if there was scary big animals out there. Now if only we had bears too. Now THAT would be great.

Anyway, what I'm talking about is that guy who shot a puma (well that's what they think it is... they had to do DNA test to see, because the guy blew it's head off and then dumped it's body in a river for some reason... anyway, he kept the tail and took a photo.) It sucks that he shot it though. It would have been doing a nice job at keeping our horrible deer population down. Although, it had just killed a wombat, which isn't nice. So... Pumas! What do YOU think?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/items/200510/1477836.htm?gippsland

There's an article... doesn't have the pic though sad  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:23 am
It's such a great urban myth! I'm not sure about this guy though. I mean, it's just a tail and all. I want to see an aussie puma! you'd think there'd be more of them though, it's not like they'd have many predators is it?  

Xan-Phorie Rei

Shy Unicorn

Unholy Meatpuppet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:04 am
I agree, I don't think that there is a secret species of Australian puma out there. It might have been an escaped puma from a zoo! Or someone could have just had an illegal pet puma that escaped. OR there could be no pum at all. I mean, he just had a tail, he might have bought a puma tail off of the black market. It seems kind of suspicious that he would blow the fabeled pumas head off, cut the tail off to keep as evidence and then throw the rest of its body in a river. Rubbish I say!

Viva La Ray Martin~!1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:59 am
Haha yeah what the guy did is a bit suspicious. What gets me most was that he dumped the body. But there have been hundreds of big cat sigtings in Vic/NSW over the past half century or so, just no hard evidence. The theories are that they are either descendants of escaped circus animals, escaped zoo animals, or animals that were set free by American soldiers who used them as mascots when they were training in Australia in WW2.  

EmWah
Crew

WarriorShadow

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:41 am
It is a Scam.

There are no such thing as australian Pumas, and they most definantly did not excape from a secret Genetics labratory i own hidden in the victorian bushlands.

Oh...if people start seeing Giant gorrilas...it wastn me either.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:28 pm
Corby - I don't really care either way truth be told. I don't know whether she did it or not, and I'm not even going to try to speculate on it.

The proposed IR laws scare me... I know that certain things are going to be protected, but it still seems to take power away from the worker, and it's already hard enough as it is to live on minimum wage without it being lowered...  

Celria

weeping pixie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:33 am
Celria
Corby - I don't really care either way truth be told. I don't know whether she did it or not, and I'm not even going to try to speculate on it.

The proposed IR laws scare me... I know that certain things are going to be protected, but it still seems to take power away from the worker, and it's already hard enough as it is to live on minimum wage without it being lowered...

what i totally dont get is if they tryin to combine the IR laws from all the states why not just pick the best IR laws each state has to offer...not the worst...  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:02 am
Celria

They scare me too. A unilateral system makes perfect logistic sense, but not the one this government is proposing, thank you. xp  

WellzY
Crew

Demonic_Angel_89

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:09 pm
Hey all i was just curious on what all of your opinions we're on the van ngyuen case in singapore.

I personally think that it was not so much as good but more right that they killed him. He went to singapore tried to smuggle the drugs, got caught, and admitted that he was guilty. I think was just stupid how everyone was bagging out the government and now singapore because he was sentanced to death. In my opinion if that is the punishment in singapore for smuggling drugs then he or anyone else should have to pay that price.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:22 pm
I've said before, I don't think he was a bad person. He just did a bad thing and got caught. It was sad that he had to be killed, but it's really hard to say if it was the right or wrong descision. It's funny how the media only cares about these things when an Australian is involved. Why don't they care about the other thousands of people waiting on death row in countries around the world?  

EmWah
Crew

Demonic_Angel_89

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:15 pm
EmWah
I've said before, I don't think he was a bad person. He just did a bad thing and got caught. It was sad that he had to be killed, but it's really hard to say if it was the right or wrong descision. It's funny how the media only cares about these things when an Australian is involved. Why don't they care about the other thousands of people waiting on death row in countries around the world?

Yeah i totally agree with you on that. 3nodding What about the others???? To me the media is just a bunch of barkyard dogs trying to tell stories they no nothing about!!! scream  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:31 pm
well yeah,. I suppose that most of us would have heard what happened at Cronulla and Maroubra... more riots.... rolleyes

the totse site i think has a few of the people involved in it talking in teh forum... before it happened, and the SMH is the SMH article....

http://www.totse.com/bbs/Forum3/HTML/224905.html

http://www.smh.com.au/news/National/Media-blamed-for-tensions-in-Cronulla/2005/12/11/1134235936217.html

but yeah... rolleyes give nationalists (dunno what else to call 'em) alcohol, and civil war starts...... great combination

**EDIT - I really really hate URL tags... 4th attempt at fixing them... and openly admits he needs a tuteorial on how to do them  

scruffy012

The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces