Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
I can totally scar thee. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lookee!
Why?
46%
 46%  [ 15 ]
*is too distracted to vote*
34%
 34%  [ 11 ]
Ploo Whero!
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 32

Silverkleptofox

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:46 pm
Thats so cool that there are teachers on Gaia, xd that's just so awesome. You'd never think it! But I guess Gaia is for everyone, ne? 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:26 pm
When I saw your post...I literally flinched. o.o;  

Corporate Cash Cow

YourLovelyBear

Beloved Bear

17,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:44 pm
Dude...

Do you plan on killing these literate people?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:41 am
Boy, I swear I'm going to cut you in half with my chainsaw and feed you to my Momo. That's the lamest crap I've ever seen and by posting it, you prove that you're nothing more and a retarded n00b who thought it would be funny to troll in here. Get out before you make me really angry.  

Buccellatte

Sparkly Conversationalist

Maka Koa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:48 pm
People, chill the F*** out, it was one sentance in leet, and the rest of his spelling and grammar (for the most part) has been propper, so why are you getting so upset over this? This thread just goes to show that some people over react to little things. Oh, and by the way, I can completely understand what you wrote.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:35 pm
Dude above me, get out. Obviously you don't understand us.  

Buccellatte

Sammie of Spades

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:46 pm
That was amazing, i did not know what was being said at all. Do you realize people actually learn this stuff? i mean, you have to be really creative, but i don't think that they understand "Leet-speak" takes up a bijillion extra unnessecary characters. TYPE IN PLAIN ENGLISH! haha.

1015!!!!
(lols ^i think^) xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:59 pm
Silverkleptofox
Thats so cool that there are teachers on Gaia, xd that's just so awesome. You'd never think it! But I guess Gaia is for everyone, ne? 3nodding

*tilts head in alternate directions*
Why not? I guess most of the literates are older people are teachers/ adults...
That theory also goes towards the people who make really good avatar edits. I'm pretty good at editing *tilts head to the right*

XxJennessaxX

Maka Koa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:30 pm
xXSavage_NymphXx, I apologize if I upset you with my comment, but I was merely stating my opinion on your general reaction to his post. I came here for some intelligent conversation, not to get told off.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:53 pm
Ah, I see that my posts have caused quite a...oh what's the word...panic? No, that's not it... Anyway, to all of those (especially xXSavage_NymphXx) whom I have angered in any way, or scarred...

Wait a second!

Why am I apologizing?

LISTEN TO THIS: If you read the title of the thread, you should neither be surprised nor angry at me! ALSO! If you read the name of the topic, you should get a clue as to what and why I did this!

Thank you very much, all you people of the world who think of yourselves as high and mighty and nowhere near as bad as the rest of us who like to have a little fun sometimes. Flame_Knight_Faolan, thank you for support, and I agree.

Also, someone earlier said that we should have understanding of the 1337 and txt tlk languages, because there are some out there who use those forms of communication. Though I do believe it should not be used like it is, and so often, I will not flame, harass, or annoy those who do it!

ALL YOU SMART ONES OUT THERE!
THANKS.  

Mr. Spiffy-kins

Mr. Spiffy-kins

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:55 pm
((NOTE: I was not trying to anger anyone; just prove a point. I am a good person, but sometimes I cannot stand some people. Sorry for the inconveniance.))  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:59 pm
Mr. Spiffy-kins
((NOTE: I was not trying to anger anyone; just prove a point. I am a good person, but sometimes I cannot stand some people. Sorry for the inconveniance.))

Shut up.

You're an ignoramus.  

Buccellatte

Mr. Spiffy-kins

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:57 am
xXSavage NymphXx
Mr. Spiffy-kins

Shut up.

You're an ignoramus.

And you cannot handle the truth. I must ask, is it just because you think you are smarter, or is it because you cannot make anything better to say against me?
I will say once more, very nicely, please do not blame me. You came here of your own free will and you decided to come to my topic. It is not my fault you are angry at me and are calling me names.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:04 am
rae-chan-sensei
Galadedrid Damodred
*impersonating Yoda* The next person to 1337-speak... saber-whipped will be.

Yay, Star Wars. 3nodding

Jennessa: Do you really teach ballroom dance to middle schoolers? How do you get them to pay attention? I'm a dance teacher (ballet, tap, jazz, that kind of thing), and nothing short of death threats will get my middle school girls to learn anything.

Spiffy-kins: I think everyone should have at least a basic understanding of L33t and txt tlk. That way, we can make fun of those with terrible grammar. ...Or something.

Or in my case, that way we can understand what the ******** our fiancee is typing to us... sweatdrop

Ah well learnign 1337 isnt all that easy. Many people use different symbols/numbers for the letters.
I learned that 1 was an L, or l was an L. I see people using the exclamation mark and it confuses me. The way I learned.. uses basic letters with mostly numbers, no symbols or rarely any.  

Yo Sereno

Buccellatte

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:12 am
xXSavage NymphXx
Boy, I swear I'm going to cut you in half with my chainsaw and feed you to my Momo. That's the lamest crap I've ever seen and by posting it, you prove that you're nothing more and a retarded n00b who thought it would be funny to troll in here. Get out before you make me really angry.

"TXT TLK" horror stories

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff