Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
I'm seeing Michael Morpurgo this Thursday! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:27 am
Yes.. that isn't a word, or you spelled it wrong meaning homomisotic, which makes even less sense.
Either way, if you didn't care - why post it?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:27 am
Ezra Pound
I'm rich and homomisotic. I don't care.

That's nice, how large is your home may I ask and could you please explain what this word homomisotic, or have you mispelled it for homoiosmotic  

Angelic_Hobo

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:28 am
I sure hope this isn't going to turn into a riches contest.
Money isn't much to be proud of.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:30 am
Marcus McFlufferson
I sure hope this isn't going to turn into a riches contest.
Money isn't much to be proud of.

Unfortuantely in society money is power. Well that's in our society, the larger the house the more you are able to brag and therefore the more people would want to know you.  

Angelic_Hobo

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:31 am
Uh huh.
So, I'd want to know you because you have a lot of money?
You have your social rules mixed up, my friend.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:32 am
"Homomisotic" is a word of my own invention; "homophobic" = fear of the same, and like ******** I fear it. roots are homo - same, and misos - hate.

Indeed money is nothing to be proud of, Marcus. My post was saying that I don't care if he is "rich and homophobic".  

The Man who was Thursday

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:33 am
Ezra Pound
"Homomisotic" is a word of my own invention; "homophobic" = fear of the same, and like ******** I fear it. roots are homo - same, and misos - hate.

Indeed money is nothing to be proud of, Marcus. My post was saying that I don't care if he is "rich and homophobic".

Ah, fair one.

Going by that, would your word be more correct if it were "Homomisostic"?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:36 am
Marcus McFlufferson
Uh huh.

No, no, not you in particular. For instance last week we held a dinner party for some guests and we invite our so called 'rivals' into our home to talk about the new things we have purchased and make ourselves seem very plausible and hospitable. Likewise, they shall invite us round eventually and again they would talk about things related mostly to possessions.

Also, everything revolves around money. Money determines your position in society whether it is to be a hobo or a multi millionaire.  

Angelic_Hobo

Angelic_Hobo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:37 am
Ezra Pound

I like you're thinking.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:38 am
Um.. of course? You wouldn't be a muilti-millionaire if you didn't have many millions.

And the view of money putting you in social ranking is your view, and I find the view of most richer folk.

Just understand that I disagree, and we'll leave it there.  

Marcus McFlufferson

The Man who was Thursday

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:41 am
Angelic_Hobo
Marcus McFlufferson
Uh huh.

No, no, not you in particular. For instance last week we held a dinner party for some guests and we invite our so called 'rivals' into our home to talk about the new things we have purchased and make ourselves seem very plausible and hospitable. Likewise, they shall invite us round eventually and again they would talk about things related mostly to possessions.

Also, everything revolves around money. Money determines your position in society whether it is to be a hobo or a multi millionaire.

Sounds like a great life.

This is why I said money is nothing to be proud of. Money is just a means to an end; if you squander it on pissy rivalries, you're wasting your ability to do something great.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:41 am
Good idea.

Wow, this has gone awfully off topic.  

Angelic_Hobo

Angelic_Hobo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:55 am
ninja  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash