Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~
Rurouni Kenshin clothing Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you wear something out of RuroKen?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe
View Results

Naughty Little Fox

Sweet Slayer

23,850 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:10 pm
This one is going to cosplay as Kenshin. And it wouldn't even have to be cosplay... I would dress up as Kenshin for just about anything... even to just go to the store... O.o I am weird like that.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:15 pm
We're all weird like that some how. I'd walk around like that, too, if I had a good enough quality cosplay. Which I don't. Mines just cheap, light-weight cotton.

@ ObSesSeD: Thank you. I didn't know that.

Uuugh, I want to go to a con! I probably never will, but I want to. That'd be the best, cosplaying Kenshin. I hope you have fun!!

Hm... Why do you call Kenshin's top a gi? Someone else made a thread calling it a gi, too. I thought it was a kimono. Gi are the thick robe-tops used in kendo, and they don't have the long sleeves (long as in hanging down) like a kimono does. Are there different kinds then?  

Silverotter107

Pharaohess1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:21 pm
Silverotter107
We're all weird like that some how. I'd walk around like that, too, if I had a good enough quality cosplay. Which I don't. Mines just cheap, light-weight cotton.

Uuugh, I want to go to a con! I probably never will, but I want to. That'd be the best, cosplaying Kenshin. I hope you have fun!!

Hm... Why do you call Kenshin's top a gi? Someone else made a thread calling it a gi, too. I thought it was a kimono. Gi are the thick robe-tops used in kendo, and they don't have the long sleeves (long as in hanging down) like a kimono does. Are there different kinds then?

Well, for kendo (I'm a kendoka) we wear a hakama and a gi. The gi is kinda long, about mid-thigh length and goes underneath the hakama. The sleeves aren't long-long. They reach your elbows, but they don't hang down like a kimono's, they would get in the way. I'm pretty sure that the outfit that Kenshin wears is the same thing (except his sleeves are long).  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:21 am
For me, what I'd really want to wear is Tomoe's kimono... and maybe Misao's clothes. I like 'em... so much.

savage-charley

Ladieburd

6,750 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:18 am
Pharaohess1
Silverotter107

Well, for kendo (I'm a kendoka) we wear a hakama and a gi. The gi is kinda long, about mid-thigh length and goes underneath the hakama. The sleeves aren't long-long. They reach your elbows, but they don't hang down like a kimono's, they would get in the way. I'm pretty sure that the outfit that Kenshin wears is the same thing (except his sleeves are long).

I did some research on Iaido uniform (which I'm guessing it pretty similar to the Kendo uniform) the shirt is called a Iaigi (which could be the gi, but I don't know....) and the pants are hakama (same as kendo). I'm guessing they aren't 100% historically accurate (Watsuki may have taken some liberty with the colors), but they're pretty close.

If I had a chance, I would totally cosplay Kaoru. I like Kimonos!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:04 pm
i would wear kaoru's kimonos anytime.
they're really beautiful.
also i really liked tomoe's outfit.

mrgreen  

stfu_victoria

Pyromaniac II

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:18 pm
I'd where Sojiro's outfit any day. Lol. It'd be sweet.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:13 am
i would totally be kenshin  

dalex4444

Empress_Tsubame

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:14 pm
If I could display someone...It would be Tomoe or Tsubame.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:00 pm
I would dress as Kenshin anyday. I also think that what Aoshi wears in the last books of the manga series is awesome. The ninja outfit, not the jacket he usually wears. I'm talking about when he wears this
User Image  

Ice Street 7

Aged Vampire

5,275 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

huoyun207

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:01 pm
no... sry im sorta poor anyway i love ruroni kenshin! biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:51 am
I don't have nothing of kinshin right now  

file reports

4,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100

Naughty Little Fox

Sweet Slayer

23,850 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:32 pm
I cosplay as Kenshin for every-day wear.... but I am saving to buy a real hakama... since I made mine slightly too small, and the one I have for Kendo is navy blue, not white like my homemade one.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:35 pm
Silverotter107

It IS a kimono. I do kendo, and the people who call it a gi (what Kenshin wears) are mistaken... I believe it states in the manga he wore an altered women's kimono, cause most men's clothing was too baggy on him... hence why its red (men usually wore dark colors like black or blue) .... but I could be wrong...

Naughty Little Fox

Sweet Slayer

23,850 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Demonic Associate 100

protecterofelements

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:15 am
i would so cosplay as Sano i like his outfit the most  
~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items