Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Little known fact. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkPrincesa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:07 pm
Somehow more then two wings disturbs me. I mean wouldn’t they get in the way when they try to fly? And I agree with the point the person made about how can that be drawn and attractive?

Has anyone found any other pictures with more then 2 wings? I'll have to search later.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:09 pm
DarkPrincesa
Somehow more then two wings disturbs me. I mean wouldn’t they get in the way when they try to fly? And I agree with the point the person made about how can that be drawn and attractive?

Has anyone found any other pictures with more then 2 wings? I'll have to search later.

It should be remembered that angels are meant to be supreme beings. I'm sure that they wouldn't be bound by regular physics.  

GilAskan
Crew

DarkPrincesa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:13 pm
GilAskan
DarkPrincesa

It should be remembered that angels are meant to be supreme beings. I'm sure that they wouldn't be bound by regular physics.

I thought of that after I posted, but it would still bother me. Not that angels would care, or whatever. I just want to make it work in my head.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:07 am
Rellik San
Just goes to show, how a few lazy artists can affect a closely held religious beleif.

Actually, the image of angels I see are never accurate and I am well aware of it. Angels were always male, not female as we see all over the place. The number of wings is also mentioned in the bible... so I've always known that just two wings were inaccurate.

I've usually just kept my mouth shut, though. I don't want to get into an argument over an image that is simply supposed to be inspirational and not at all literal.  

gothkid82

Devils_lilboy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:10 am
DarkPrincesa

How is the search coming along? any luck finding any pictures?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:25 pm
thats nifty  

Rainbow Shrapnel

cold.wire.lips

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:33 pm
funny in general how art itself can affect religious symbolism, as actual angels are non-physical entities and therefore only have physical wings if they choose to manifest with such. any pictoral representation of an angelic being is merely a projection of a human relation to the divine, and the numbers of wings listed in documents such as the Bible are meant for numerological significance. it's all metaphor, kids.
the halo functions under the same principle-- meant to imply a divine aura and designed for artistic representation, not realism.

oh, and angels are not male, though nor are they female. they're not constricted by the physicality of sex or the construct of gender.

all this, of course, only applies to a belief structure.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:33 pm
cold.wire.lips

oh, and angels are not male, though nor are they female. they're not constricted by the physicality of sex or the construct of gender.

Naturally, since they have no defined physical manifestation in the first place.

I've heard that the physical manifestation resembling humans exhibits a profound nature of androgeny, however.

-Isel-

Xx-Razorblade-Skittles-xX

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:06 pm
Hmmm That's quite interesting. I should look that up for myself.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:17 pm
hmmm, i'm gonan look for some of those  

The Dadalorian

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:28 pm
Isel
cold.wire.lips

Naturally, since they have no defined physical manifestation in the first place.

I've heard that the physical manifestation resembling humans exhibits a profound nature of androgeny, however.

Effectively then, whats to say, a few people I know, you, Bowie, were descended from angels... thats kinda scary.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:30 pm
Rellik San
Isel
cold.wire.lips

Effectively then, whats to say, a few people I know, you, Bowie, were descended from angels... thats kinda scary.

-Me
-My guitarist (band)
-My saxophonist (band)
-Iman
-David Bowie
-Mana
-Shinya (Dir en grey)

And others, haha.

-Isel-

cold.wire.lips

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:34 pm
Isel
cold.wire.lips

that is the point, yes.

i don't know about the latter comment, though-- it would seem that if an angel were choosing to manifest human form, the angel would not be limited to any gender-specific appearance, including non-gender. an angel could manifest as totally male or totally female, or neither, depending on the circumstances.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:35 pm
I'm merely going by what I've heard most commonly.

Opinion and word of mouth is possibly the best we've got to go by, as far as religious matters go.

-Isel-

cold.wire.lips

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:36 pm
and large texts that date hundreds or occasionally thousands of years, but of course those originated in word-of-mouth. depends how deeply into history you're willing to deconstruct, i suppose.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff