Self labels. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

This poll is about Kidney Beans
  >:O It's so dry...
  It's pastey ;o;
  I've had some bad experiences with kidneys...
  All of the above.
View Results

rosalind_spencer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:48 pm
i just say live and let live...accept yourself for who you are....who gives a crap what others think

you only have one life to live...why waste your time handing out labels when you should be enjoying your life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:03 pm
Labeling is fine. I don't know why there are always 50 threads on this s**t. It's incredibly redundent.  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:07 pm
GilAskan
gonk

I'm goth-er than Peter Murphy having bondage sex with Siouxsie Sioux.

And I don't say that proudly. I indulge more stereotypes than I'm proud to admit.

*Snicker* Including a gothier-than-thou attitude (even though that was completely fabricated xd nice work)  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:31 pm
Labeling as a whole is kinda dumb.

... Silly preps.  

CrimsonSchib

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:33 pm
CrimsonSchib
Labeling as a whole is kinda dumb.

Labelling is the primary function of language.

We apple is a label we apply to a fruit. Fruit is a label we apply to a certain type of plant. So on and forth.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:38 pm
Isn't it interesting that the metallers have no qualms whatsoever with what they would label themselves as, if anything proclaiming it as a thing to be proud of despite we being stereotyped as moronic beer swillers that like to beat the s**t out of people.........wait....that's actually very true of a lot of metallers...so..um...get back to me, metal-heads can only be trusted to think so far...  

Isobel Bellamy

0-X-Yours_Truly-X-0

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:47 pm
waht gets on my nerves is when people who dont even know what they are saying try to label someone. like when a so called prep who dosnt even know what goth means ask someone if they are goth just cuz they wear black. you are who you are.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:58 pm
(darkest_hours)
waht gets on my nerves is when people who dont even know what they are saying try to label someone. like when a so called prep who dosnt even know what goth means ask someone if they are goth just cuz they wear black. you are who you are.

In a way it isn't their fault, because they're misinformed... but their ignorance unfortunately gets annoying after a while. stare  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:40 am
Dead Ed
(darkest_hours)

In a way it isn't their fault, because they're misinformed... but their ignorance unfortunately gets annoying after a while. stare

Indeed.

However, on the flipside, don't you imagine it's annoying that anyone who wears clean, mainstream fashion is immediately labelled "prep"?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:50 am
"Human" is a label. And in most cases, it is label enough.  

CrimsonSchib

MyMoonlitDream

Romantic Trafficker

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:14 pm
It is my belief that those who label without thinking are those who were taught to do so. Not necessarily by their parents but by those around them. Odd comparison but it's kinda like how lots of people wear the clothes that are "in style" that's just what they're taught. I also agree that labeling is human nature. When we label things we make them more familiar, make them into something we know. Most fear the unknown; not on a concious level perhaps but the fear is stil their. Like fearing the dark. (I know many don't but that is most likely because they know it.) It's not really the dark that they fear but not knowing. People can't see in the dark and that is what scares them. Labeling something is a way of familiarizing yourself with it; it's a very common practice. [Random reference: In "Over the Hedge" the forest animals feared the hedge less after they named it.]  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:31 pm
GilAskan
Dead Ed
(darkest_hours)

Indeed.

However, on the flipside, don't you imagine it's annoying that anyone who wears clean, mainstream fashion is immediately labelled "prep"?

Yes, I can see it being annoying for them...
to be honest, (as most people say) most labels are only relevant in high school...
But for those like goth and emo, which are subcultures (the latter of which is however considered dead...), they are perfectly fine to use - so long as they are not used to mark specific personalities.

Prep, jock, and nerd are labels that do not apply to subcultures (except perhaps the last one...) and therefore aren't appropriate, in this regard.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

MediaclCunt

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:29 pm
Chaos A.D.
yes labeling is okay, people just don't like being called what people percive them to be, it's human nature everyone does it, it's jsut people do it wrongly
Though you have bad grammar skills, I agree.  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:13 am
Self labeling is DEFIANTLY better then just a group of people calling you something. I don't think you can be something if you don't truly feel you are it.  

xShe Dreams Fiction

[-Alluring Enchantress-]

3,900 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:43 am
I hate all lables, but hell, no one listens if you say "don't lable me, i'm just myself." Of course that may be the case but, no one listens. I don't self-lable, but i somtimes lable other people. It's only if i know them though. I never judge by ones appearance.

I think self lableing is better than people lableing somthing you may be offended by.

If you are being who you want to be then how can you be anything but that? The only real posers are people who act completely different when certain people are around or when they are alone.

The only thing i hate more than lables is the stereotypes to go with them.

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff