Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Guild Feedback Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:46 pm
[Pyrite]: Kicking people out because they don't type or behave up to your standards isn't the principle on which this guild is founded. End of story.

Mousy: Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm happy with posting news articles on the main forum.

socceridol1: That's what the main forum is for.

orangescale: Which 'I'? Could you be more specific?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:31 am
orangescale
On the main page of the guild, the I is not capitalized. (Sorry if I spelled a word wrong.)

Yami no Hitokiri
orangescale: Which 'I'? Could you be more specific?

I've read through the whole front page, and the only place where I could find a lower-case i that should be capitalised is in the first line "i am a grammarian. i spell out my words.", but that's an example of what's wrong.

While we're on the front page, here are other things that I noticed:

1: The third banner is not showing up.
2: There's "" below the code for the second banner (the one with "darn" instead of "damn").

Another idea for a subforum: one for word games.  

The MoUsY spell-checker

DJ_blak jak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:39 pm
socceridol1
I think a Writing Contest forum will attract more members and make this guild a little more fun (I'm not saying this guild boring).
This sounds like a great idea! I second the motion.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:35 pm
A sticky should be added that lists which members of staff are the most reliable contacts.
There won't be many problems if we are careful about who we invite to this guild, but in cases where problems arise it would be nice to know which members of staff are most easily contacted. Schedules in real life fluctuate, so I know that there would not be any guarantees as to which ones can be contacted on any given day. However, a list of which ones are generally on most often on any given day could help out alot.^_^  

smashbrolink

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100

smashbrolink

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:33 pm
I can't speak for everyone, but it would be nice if the list of members were sorted in some way. I'd like to be able to see which of my other friends are in this guild without hunting through the entire list page-by-page.^_^;;
Alphabetically is the most common option, but I'm sure that, seeing as there are so many members, you could figure out a format that works even better.^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:51 am
smashbrolink
A sticky should be added that lists which members of staff are the most reliable contacts.
There won't be many problems if we are careful about who we invite to this guild, but in cases where problems arise it would be nice to know which members of staff are most easily contacted. Schedules in real life fluctuate, so I know that there would not be any guarantees as to which ones can be contacted on any given day. However, a list of which ones are generally on most often on any given day could help out alot.^_^

We don't have that many staff in this guild. You can find all of our names on the front page of the guild. Click on any staff member's name and you'll be taken to that person's profile, which tells you whether they're online or not, unless you've clicked one that's using the newer profile system. I've just checked, and at the time of this post I'm the only one out of the 7 staff members without the status indicator on my profile.

That said, I'm not sure how reliable those indicators are. I can tell you that my time zone is UTC+11, and I'm most likely to be online when it's late afternoon or early evening where I am.

smashbrolink
I can't speak for everyone, but it would be nice if the list of members were sorted in some way. I'd like to be able to see which of my other friends are in this guild without hunting through the entire list page-by-page.^_^;;
Alphabetically is the most common option, but I'm sure that, seeing as there are so many members, you could figure out a format that works even better.^_^

Type your friend's username in the search box and it'll tell you if that person is in the guild or not.

There's no quick way for us to sort the member list. Why don't you suggest it to the Gaia staff? That's pretty much the only thing you can do. For now, if you want a sorted list you're going to have to go through all the pages and sort out the names for yourself.  

The MoUsY spell-checker

L.una

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:00 am
I don't know. I have no ideas at this time, been working my brain to much on my own guild.
>n<

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:16 pm
L.una
I don't know. I have no ideas at this time, been working my brain to much on my own guild.
>n<

You don't have to reply to this thread if you don't have have anything to add.  

The MoUsY spell-checker

smashbrolink

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:16 pm
The MoUsY spell-checker
smashbrolink

We don't have that many staff in this guild. You can find all of our names on the front page of the guild. Click on any staff member's name and you'll be taken to that person's profile, which tells you whether they're online or not, unless you've clicked one that's using the newer profile system. I've just checked, and at the time of this post I'm the only one out of the 7 staff members without the status indicator on my profile.

That said, I'm not sure how reliable those indicators are. I can tell you that my time zone is UTC+11, and I'm most likely to be online when it's late afternoon or early evening where I am.

smashbrolink

Type your friend's username in the search box and it'll tell you if that person is in the guild or not.

There's no quick way for us to sort the member list. Why don't you suggest it to the Gaia staff? That's pretty much the only thing you can do. For now, if you want a sorted list you're going to have to go through all the pages and sort out the names for yourself.

X_X XD Now I feel stupid. Oh well, at least I'm not wondering anymore. Thanks.^_^ XD  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:43 pm
I can't be certain whether or not there already is a thread for this, but I didn't find one: a thread for absences. I bring this up because I will be gone for several days due to a weekend field trip my school is hosting.  

Cherished Strawberries

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:03 am
There's not really a need for an absence threads since I don't have any ridiculous minimum posting requirements. Come and go as you please. Your place here will be waiting for you when you get back.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:45 pm
My feedback: It's my second day here and I freaking LOVE IT.  

Organic Shadows

Seikonai

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:21 pm
I'd like to suggest that there should be included a Subforum (whenever it's possible to get around to it) for posting art. Art is just as important to a literate, intelligent person as books are, in my humble opinion and I think it would be nice if we could exchange meaningful and intelligent critique, unlike in some guilds who are less courteous.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:52 pm
There are never enough people online in the guild to have an actual conversation with. At least not enough people who actually post ion the guild.  

Imsomewhatspiffy

Lechra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:26 pm
I am very, very sorry if anyone has already pointed this out and I am very, very sorry if anyone takes offense to me saying this, but-

-in the signatures many of us have for the guild, shouldn't it be "I support correct grammar.", not "good" grammar?

I might be incorrect myself on this, and again, I'm sorry if I sound like a grammar nazi back at our own guild, but I was just wondering.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff