Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Want to hear a funny story? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Want to hear a funny story?
  Hah! That's pretty funny!
  ...I didn't see the humor in your story...
View Results

Trekkette

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:28 am
That was my first reaction to the Stich and b***h books. I was like "WTF?!?"  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:39 pm
ForestGreen
While browsing at Borders this weekend I saw "Knitting with Balls" and about died laughing. rofl It appears to be a book for men knitters. I'm glad my 12 year old daughter was browsing in a different section at the time.

I just looked at it on Amazon - it's definitely a geared towards men! (Personally, I think that's awesome!) But I hear you on being glad that your daughter was in a different section!  

Brunette_Star

Tinuvial

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:08 pm
I first became aware of the stitch & b***h line of books a few years ago when I first started knitting. I overheard the very proper elderly women who owned and ran the local yarn shop praising "Debbie Stoller's S&B." SEveral months later they were all commenting on how they wanted to make the poncho from Stoller's new "Nation."

I admit it was quite some time before I made the connection that they just didn't want to say b***h. Perhaps they found it anappropriate at work, but one thing was clear - they LOVED the books.

Isn't it fabulous how a book that is geared towards a younger knitting generation still earns the support of older knitters? Gotta <3 the knitting community!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:58 pm

yea i cant even get it for my school's library even though its such a great book(s) lol

Kanhoro

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:50 pm
Yes, it is great that knitting books seem to be accepted through all of the generations.
I really wanna get Happy Hooker because I've got a few knitting books but no crochet ones.
Gotta <3 fiber arts. They're completely timeless!  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff