Chatterbox!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amethyst_Priestess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:25 pm
1. Okay, what the heck is a Chobit?
2. Pie is good but cobbler better. Preferrably peach.
3. Fudge brownie cheesecake trumps them all!!!
4. All else fails, go for expensive chocolate bars, like Godiva's.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:55 am
Pie so good! ninja ninja  

JoeyRay Smith51

grannygirls rose

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:35 am
countrygal876
I heart chocolate and peanut butter pie!!! mrgreen

So do I, but peanut butter pie is so rich so you need a large glass of milk to go with it! wink  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:21 pm
i heart key lime pie!
i also heart cheesecake!  

Primula Veris

Mrs Eddie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:23 pm
Cheesecake is wonderful!
I had cheesecakes for my wedding cake.. xd Turtle and strawberry cheesecake.
Which means, I'll have cheesecake for my first anniversary.. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:10 pm
I LIKE CHEESSSSSE!!!!!!!!! cheese_whine cheese_whine cheese_whine cheese_whine rofl rofl rofl cheese_whine  

Chan3yDC6991

Chan3yDC6991

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:11 pm
Mrs Eddie
Cheesecake is wonderful!
I had cheesecakes for my wedding cake.. xd Turtle and strawberry cheesecake.
Which means, I'll have cheesecake for my first anniversary.. 4laugh

oH UR MARRIED THATS COOL CONGRATS!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:48 am
Blueberry domokun pie 4 me rolleyes  

Mari-Mari33

Abyssinian 84

10,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:55 pm
Taste The Saline Rolling Down Your Cheekbone, Feel Your Heart It Breaks Within Your Chest Now...

Word of the Day for Tuesday April 11, 2006

panoply PAN-uh-plee, noun:
1. A splendid or impressive array.
2. Ceremonial attire.
3. A full suit of armor; a complete defense or covering.

Every step taken to that end which appeases the obsolete
hatreds and vanished oppressions, which makes easier the
traffic and reciprocal services of Europe, which encourages
nations to lay aside their precautionary panoply, is good
in itself.
-- Winston Churchill, quoted in [1]This Blessed Plot, by
Hugo Young

The beige plastic bedpan that had come home from the
hospital with him after his deviated-septum operation...
now held ail his razors and combs and the panoply of
gleaming instruments he employed to trim the hair that grew
from the various features of his face.
-- Michael Chabon, [2]Werewolves in Their Youth

To the east, out over the Ocean, the winter sky is a
brilliant panoply of stars and comets, beckoning to
adventurers, wise and foolish alike, who seek to divine its
mysteries.
-- Ben Green, [3]Before His Time

Labor was hard pressed to hold the line against erosion of
its hard-won social wage: the panoply of government-paid
benefits such as unemployment insurance, workers'
compensation, Medicare, and Social Security.
-- Stanley Aronowitz, [4]From the Ashes of the Old

Panoply is from Greek panoplia, "a full suit of armor," from
pan, "all" + hoplia, "arms, armor," plural of hoplon,
"implement, weapon."

...I Hear Sound Echo In The Emptiness, All Around, But You Can't Change This Loneliness. Look At What You Found. I Am Falling Down

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:02 pm
Taste The Saline Rolling Down Your Cheekbone, Feel Your Heart It Breaks Within Your Chest Now...

Word of the Day for Monday, April 17, 2006

choler KOLL-ur; KOLE-ur, noun:
Irritation of the passions; anger; wrath.

And at last he seems to have found his proper subject: one that genuinely engages his intellect, truly arouses his characteristic choler and fills him with zest.
-- "Black Humor': Could Be Funnier", New York Times, January 12, 1998

I found my choler rising.
-- Samuel Richardson, A Collection of the Moral and Instructive Sentiments... in the Histories of Pamela, Clarissa, and Sir Charles Grandison

Choler is from Latin cholera, a bilious disease, from Greek kholera, from khole, bile.

...I Hear Sound Echo In The Emptiness, All Around, But You Can't Change This Loneliness. Look At What You Found. I Am Falling Down

Abyssinian 84

10,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Abyssinian 84

10,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:05 pm

Word of the Day for Monday, April 24, 2006

rebarbative ree-BAR-buh-tiv, adjective:
Serving or tending to irritate or repel.

Over the past couple of hours a lot of rebarbative, ulcerated and embittered people had been working hard at bedding their resentments down in sensory-deprivation tanks full of alcohol.
-- Will Self, The Sweet Smell of Psychosis

I still think this true, yet can't help regret the unretrievable hours lavished on so much rebarbative critical prose, convinced that the nearly impenetrable must be profound.
-- Michael Dirda, "In which our intrepid columnist visits the Modern Language Association convention and reflects on what he found there", Washington Post, January 28, 2001

Rebarbative comes from French rébarbatif, "stern, surly, grim, forbidding," from Middle French rebarber, "to be repellent," from re- (from the Latin) + barbe, "beard" (from Latin barba).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:15 pm

equipoise EE-kwuh-poiz; EK-wuh-, noun:

1. A state of being equally balanced; equilibrium; -- as of moral, political, or social interests or forces.
2. Counterbalance.

What matters is the poetry, and the truest readings of it "are those which are sensitive to the strangeness of Marvell's genius: its delicate equipoise, held between the sensual and the abstract, its refusal to treat experience too tidily, the uncanny tremor of implication that makes the poems' lucid surfaces shimmer with a sense of something undefined and undefinable just beneath."
-- James A. Winn, "Tremors of Implication", New York Times, July 9, 2000

I cannot see how the unequal representation which is given to masses on account of wealth becomes the means of preserving the equipoise and the tranquillity of the commonwealth.
-- Edmund Burke, "Reflections on The Revolution In France"

Our little lives are kept in equipoise
By opposite attractions and desires.
-- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, "Haunted Houses"

Equipoise is equi-, "equal" + poise, from Middle English poisen, "to balance, weigh," from Old French peser, pois-, ultimately from Latin pensare, "to weigh."

Abyssinian 84

10,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Abyssinian 84

10,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:29 pm

Word of the Day for Thursday, April 27, 2006

harridan HAIR-uh-din, noun:
A worn-out strumpet; a vixenish woman; a hag.

With the insight of hindsight, I'd have liked to have been able to protect my mother from the domineering old harridan, with her rough tongue and primitive sense of justice, but I did not see it like that, then.
-- Angela Carter, Shaking a Leg

Whatever compassion we may feel towards Seraphie, charged with managing the Beyle household and provided with little in the way of emotional or material recompense, evidence scarcely softens Stendhal's portrait of an ignorant, vindictive, mean-spirited harridan.
-- Jonathan Keates, Stendhal

Even before that, for the first year and a half, as reports and rumors seeped out that she was a harridan, yelling and throwing things at subordinates as well as at her husband and his aides, she would often think to herself, "What's going on here? Why are some of these people slandering me or my husband on a daily basis? Why is all this stuff happening?"
-- David Maraniss, "First Lady of Paradox", Washington Post, January 15, 1995

As the vulgar, scornful, desperate Martha, Miss Hagen makes a tormented harridan horrifyingly believable.
-- Howard Taubman, "The Theater: Albee's 'Who's Afraid'", New York Times, October 15, 1962

Harridan probably comes from French haridelle, "a worn-out horse, a gaunt woman."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:36 pm

Word of the Day for Saturday, April 29, 2006

microcosm MY-kruh-koz-uhm, noun:

1. A little world. Hence, man or human nature as a supposed epitome of the world or universe (compare macrocosm).
2. A smaller, representative system having analogies to a larger system.

The monarch and his followers thought of the court as a microcosm of how the kingdom ought to be, the harmonious expression of a social order centred on the monarch.
-- John Brewer, The Pleasures of the Imagination

There is a classic Jimmy Stewart movie, Magic Town, about "Grandview," a small town in the Midwest that is a perfect statistical microcosm of the United States, a place where the citizens' opinions match perfectly with Gallup polls of the entire nation.
-- James S. Fishkin, The Voice of the People

New York saw itself as a quasi-independent political and cultural entity that was both a microcosm of and a model for the nation as a whole.
-- Robert A. M. Stern, New York 1880

Microcosm comes from Greek mikros kosmos, "small world."

Abyssinian 84

10,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Abyssinian 84

10,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:39 pm

Word of the Day for Sunday, April 30, 2006

gloaming GLOH-ming, noun:
Twilight; dusk.

The children squealed and waved and smiled, their teeth flashing white in the gloaming.
-- Evan Thomas, Robert Kennedy: His Life

It was the gloaming, when a man cannot make out if the nebulous figure he glimpses in the shadows is angel or demon, when the face of evening is stained by red clouds and wounded by lights.
-- Homero Aridjis, 1492: The Life and Times of Juan Cabezon of Castile (translated by Betty Ferber)

Arrived at the village station on a wintry evening, when the gloaming is punctuated by the cheery household lamps, shining here and there like golden stars, through the leafless trees.
-- Margaret Sangster

Gloaming comes from Old English glomung, from glom, "dusk."

19: ~*This Could Be Coco Puffs!!! (POLLS WELCOME!!)*~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff