Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Can "ghetto" talk get anymore annoying?! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ghetto talk?
  HELLZ YEAH,HOMIE G DAWG!!!111!!!
  No.
  What is this "Gheto talk" you speak of?
  I don't even know what they are saying most/half of the time.
  POLL WHORE COMING THROUGH!!!
View Results

Warrior of Metal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:50 am
This girl yelled at me because my friends and I were throwing ice at each other and it landed about ten feet away from her, and she was using the f-word every other word. I actually said "I didn't understand a word she said" to my friends, easill loud enough for her to hear. Then I told her it would be more effective if she didn't use that word every other word, which is not an exaggeration. Then she said something else. I still don't know exactly what she said. I hate when they talk like that. burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:54 am
Try. Talking. Like. This. Every. Day. And. You'll. See. How. Tired. You. Get.
Its. Very. Annoying.
Why. Am. I. Typing. Like. This?

Violet the mystical

Setsu-P has stepped out

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:29 am
Vikay Kamasu
Try. Talking. Like. This. Every. Day. And. You'll. See. How. Tired. You. Get.
Its. Very. Annoying.
Why. Am. I. Typing. Like. This?

Well... it.. worked for.. ... WilliamSHATNER.

*runs and hides*  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:23 am
My little brother is a wanna-be wigger...He wears his pants low, he comes home and says "Yo homie G! Whaddup home dawg?" He wants to be a "smart ganster". His best friends cheer him on it seems.
One day he came home with a couple of his friends. And he is like, "Yo homie! Gimmie some Eats!" And I sat there. Looked at him, and replied. "Good day, Brian, why don't you go fix yourself some of your own food?" Then he left...

The funny thing is
He is 12
and we live in one of the whitest neighborhoods around.  

Midnight_Kitten6216

Spiritually

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:01 am
It's the way some people talk, you morons.

Midnight_Kitten6216
My little brother is a wanna-be wigger...He wears his pants low, he comes home and says "Yo homie G! Whaddup home dawg?" He wants to be a "smart ganster". His best friends cheer him on it seems.
One day he came home with a couple of his friends. And he is like, "Yo homie! Gimmie some Eats!" And I sat there. Looked at him, and replied. "Good day, Brian, why don't you go fix yourself some of your own food?" Then he left...

The funny thing is
He is 12

Because black people are the only people who talk like that, right? Good one, racist.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:14 am
I find that story quite funny.
I have fallen victim to people like "Jay-Tee", in fact, I am surrounded by them every day just because of the community I live in.
It makes me cringe every time someone says "free" instead of "three" or "sumfink" instead of "something".
Now I agree on this game, and many others, people are subject to errors and such, commonly known as 'Typos', but incorrect pronounciation of words really gets on my nerves.
And thats all I have to say hehe.
<3 Dolly123  

i n s a n e c o c a i n e

i n s a n e c o c a i n e

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:42 am
Okay, I noticed people saying "wanna-be wigger".
Now I am in NO WAY a racist, but here is where I make an attempt at giving my point.
Now people say that that their brothers or others are "wanna-be wiggers from the ghetto". Now people become offended saying "so your saying only black people are from the ghetto". Now that can't be all true can it? But there is a chance that there is a fact out there somewhere giving a percentage fact that more black come from the ghetto than white?
And some black do imply that it is so. Rap artists I quote "I came from the ghetto...White racist people...my black brothers and sisters with no hope". Three seperate quotes either spoken or put into music, it makes the implication.
So maybe people arent racist?
Just simply using the facts.
But thats my point of view.
In no way was this meant to offend or disturb anyone.
<3 Dolly123  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:49 pm
Yes, yes, I find ghetto-speak annoying, blah-dee-blah...

But, honestly, people, do we have to rage and rant at someone for making a slight grammar error? And I'm sure that nobody here is trying to be racist on purpose. You're all just looking for an excuse to harp on someone and make a witty and biting remark that will plant you at the top of the pantheon of flamers.

If that's what you're looking for, take yourself to the GD. That's what it's there for. (Or at least, that's what everyone seems to THINK it's there for, nowadays.)

Yavie Feels Pretty

Clearly Opaque

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:38 pm
Spiritually

Because black people are the only people who talk like that, right? Good one, racist.

This was rather uncalled for, as "wigger" is a term for people who are white that try to act ghetto. No one said all black people are niggers, calm down and stop picking fights.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:39 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageFrom Yesterday,I'll remember you,from tommorrow,I'll forget you...

Racist?

Well,to tell you al the truth...

I'm half-black and half-hispanic.

Even though I look like I'm a little prep with a tan.

But, as I was saying...

No,I'm not trying to be racist.

That would be like trying to shove a whole watermelon down my throat.

And I cant even do that.

By what I'm saying is that:

Me being racist=Impossible, and I might say, stupid.

So let's go back to the topic,and keep the "She's being racist!!" thing on the low down.

: 33

From Today and so on...Let's just make every little good thing last forever
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

The Rock ~n~ Roll Bunny

Midnight_Kitten6216

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:37 am
Spiritually

Midnight_Kitten6216

The funny thing is
He is 12

Oh yeah, big racist here.
How bout I go lynch my best friends for being black? I was just picking on my brother here, who trys to act, as I said, wigger. The whitest neighborhood around meant that it isn't the ghetto. Generalization, hun. Please don't forget that I'm half hispanic, dating Latinos, and some of my absolute best friends are either spics or blacks, but not gangsters. Why is it you are so quick to jump on someone for being racist? And now-a-days, it's mostly racism against whites from blacks.

Sorry I don't want to start a fight I just had to address that.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:58 pm
Clearly Opaque
demented pandora
[...]

The only thing that annoys me more about him is that he purposely misspells EVERYTHING he writes, and on his papers he chatspeaks/leetspeaks.

See, when that kind of thing happened occasionally in my college career. Let's just say I "spent alot of time" in the English department with my class choices, so I heard alot of horror stories, and saw alot of them happen. Two of my favorite teachers of all time are Lit teachers. When that kind of s**t happens in college, where it REALLY counts, a good English teacher won't take it! No Sir'ee!

A fitting story for you that this has plumbed up from the darker recesses of my memory: *Scooby Doo Effect* A few years ago in a British Literature course, mind you, these are required for ANY degree at the University I attended at the time, so we got alot of "lower lifers" as the teachers called them, as group of about three people were giving the teacher s**t. I happen to like this particular teacher as she teachs "odd-ball" courses like Vampire Literature and Gothic Horror (both rarely covering modern novels) so I hold special love for this teacher. These people would talk "Ghetto" around her out of spite, and she would mostly ignore them, or bounce thinly veiled insults off of them that they could not get due to their general lack of broader reading knowledge, which she, I, and some of the other "well read" students would end in stitches about. She told them time and time and time again to write their essays and homework in an "intelligent and literate form" but they insisted they were "ghetto grown and deserved to be graded on their creativity and not their writing skill".

Well, long story short, they were not pleased when their papers were delayed for weeks, nearly to the end of the course, while everyone else's was sent back. Her reply, with a smirk, was "Well, I had to hire a translater who understands ghetto-gibberish to help me!" They thought this a joke and laughed along with the rest of us who know this particular teacher well.

About two weeks before the course ended, she started giving them their papers back. They were nearly all F's. They began to throw a tantrum, of course, feeling gyped. So she replied with "Well, that translater was expensive! I had to go all the way to the Ghetto downstairs in the Foreign Language department for help!"

When the final essays came in, she had been generous and given them D's. Which meant they would then have to repeat the course to graduate! They were FURIOUS. To which she met their streams of curses with: "This is college, where you PAY for your grades, not high school. Here I call the shots, and this is an ENGLISH based course. If you can't speak English, go back to the ghetto and get a job as a crack dealer, cause you won't get a job playing these games in the REAL WORLD!"

The sad thing is, her boyfriend teaches the one of other British Literature courses, and is just as hard. One of the other teachers for it will make more open fun of idiots, but then have them removed by security. And the third and final teacher I would SWEAR is a true "Grammar Nazi"! He even failed one of my papers for having a semi-c where I needed a comma!

That's awesome, having a 'Grammar Nazi'...Wow NOW that's a challenge!!  

Vincent Snowfrost

CHicKeNy Corpse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:17 pm
This little squirly agrees with you!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/320805
WARNING: The cartoon connected to this link contains explixit language and bad grammar.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:32 pm
Ghetto talk/Ebonics eh?

I for a fact am related to many people who speak that way.

There are the kind that speak that way because they can. They think I am black, gotta live up to my name. Don't wanna be called white.

There are the ones that speak it not because they want but because it is the only way they know how. They do not even realize it and I and probably them as find it sort of annoying that people would say that the way they talk is annoying. They are not flaming you for having perfect speech.

Even though they speak that way they are smart people. Lots have grown up to be teachers and doctors. They grew out of it because they were judged and made felt smaller than others because of it but the fact is that they spoke that way.
What I am trying to say is that jumping and saying the way someone speaks is annoying is quite rude and judgemental.
The whole white people talking it ect. I will not even touch because that is not my matter. It's thier choice to speak in a way that is generally looked down upon and who am I too say that they should sharpen up their speech?  

Gilco

emobitch611

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:03 am
Try working at Woolworths (or Walmart, etc). I try not to kill myself or anyone else there, but it takes all my strength. Nearly ALL of the guys speak in Ghetto talk. It's so annoying.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff