Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Mystery Knit Along Instructions (New Instructions - NOW!!!!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is your favorite type of craft?
  Knitting
  Crochet
  Needlepoint
  Sewing
  Clay
  Rock Painting
  Other
View Results

Beboots

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:20 pm

...What exactly is the definition of "Worsted weight"?

*is stabbed with 2mm DPN for being a n00b*  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:23 pm
This might not be right but, worsted weight is something like the normal red heart, bernat.

formaly definition

firmly twisted yarn or thread spun from combed, stapled wool fibers of the same length, for weaving, knitting, etc.

(doesnt have to be wool)  

KingToon

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:25 pm
Worsted weight is what most people call "normal yarn" - its not really small, its not super huge. Most labels for worsted weight yarn will tell you to use size 8 needles. A few types of worseted weight are: Red Heart Super Saver, Caron Perfect Match, Caron Simply Soft

*looks over at worsted weight yarn she pulled out of the stash, and the size 8 needles that are free*
I'll remember to do this.... soon. mad d  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:39 am
DecemberFlower
Alrighty, I think I'll dig through my stash and find a stray skein I'll never use for anything else. xp
eek you have one of those? rofl

and for the record, if you look for the weight symbol, which looks like a skein of yarn, worsted weight is a 4 3nodding  

gemini6184

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:42 pm
gemini6184
DecemberFlower
Alrighty, I think I'll dig through my stash and find a stray skein I'll never use for anything else. xp
eek you have one of those? rofl

and for the record, if you look for the weight symbol, which looks like a skein of yarn, worsted weight is a 4 3nodding

Oh gods, yes. Actually, it's a matter of digging through all my n00b eyelash yarns and finding it, though! lol

And I believe worsted is usually 16-20 stitches over 4 inches, although that can depend on who you ask or the yarn brand.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:57 am
DecemberFlower

Ahhhh, just join colors when you run out. rofl  

AriRashkae

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:22 am
I was able to find something. It was buried under eyelash yarns, but I had a full skein of yarn in there for this project.

Now I just need some more instructions. domokun  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:02 pm
Can it be more instructions tiem now plz?  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

sparklingbutterfly

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:13 am
new instructions for week two are on the way!!!! *dances*  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:55 pm
Hooray!  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:14 pm
YAY!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:32 am
ummm ummm i meant to put up new ones after i got back to my computer but i wasn't able to get on.....i'm sorry then yesterday i was curling all day.....I'll try to remember today........i know i'll write it on my forehead.....that will work....  

sparklingbutterfly

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:47 pm
Hooray, new instructions.

Of course, I'm too busy tonight to work on it. I guess that's okay, though. I won't end up being a pest for new instructions if I have to put off working on this mystery project.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:47 am
DecemberFlower
Hooray, new instructions.

Of course, I'm too busy tonight to work on it. I guess that's okay, though. I won't end up being a pest for new instructions if I have to put off working on this mystery project.

lol being a pest is good in this case because that mean you like so it can keep going and it also reminds me each saturday that i have to post instructions!  

sparklingbutterfly

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:07 pm
It's funny because when you originally brought up the idea, I wasn't too interested. I mean, I liked the idea of a mystery knit-a-long, but I didn't think I'd be able to do it due to time and supplies, but both of those aren't really a factor. Now I just want to be able to knit it so I know what it isssss. xp  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff