relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 51: Philosophy.
Existentialism Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you know the original meaning of angst?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Jungle Boots

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:16 pm
i find existentialism incredibly uplifting, the concept that divine exists, and not only do we experience it, but are part of it all together is incredible.

i havent read a whole lot of Nietzsche, just a bit of Zarathustra, but i have read and discussed some other existentialist philosophers and find it very upligting, very positive. you have to look at it in the right light though.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:32 am
I absolutely adore Nietzsche.

I like the idea of existentialism because it makes a lot more sense to me than the idea of fate or the idea that our lives are controlled by some higher power.. However I don't think the idea that what happens to you is always up to you is very accurate.

naive melody

Khalida Nyoka

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:04 am
Seeing as the thread is about existentialism and not Nihilism, I'll be going away from good ol' Friedrich.

If you want a crash course, and likely a headache, then I'd suggest picking up the majority of Martin Heidegger's works (his most famous is titled "Being in Time" if I remember correctly).

Existentialism just is, in my opinion. Nothing more than a collection of perspectives on life, and a gaggle of authors who discuss it. That, of course, is merely a description of what forms existentialism. Truth be told, it has a wide variety of possibilities for what it can truly be, and can only lose sight of itself when it tries to go beyond its own bounds or be pigeon-holed with other philosophies.

Thus concludes a post on existentialism from an, albeit lofty, existentialist perspective.  
51: Philosophy.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff