Submit

Do you sew?
  Yes
  No
  A little - patches and buttons and such
View Results

Ramen With Tofu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:23 pm
I sew, I've been sewing since the 5th grade, but I didn't really get in to it until freshman year... I want to be a fashion designer.
I only started then because it was a requirement for middle school. but I chose to take it in highschool.

my first real piece was an apron. it came out quite well actually. the only thing I ever really screwed up when sewing was this hot plate thingy with a scent. the fabric kept fraying, so my stitching would fall out.

I work off pre-made patterns mostly, but that's only because I don't know how to make my own... yet.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:15 pm
Tyshia
Normally when I sew things from scratch now, I'm sewing dolls or doll clothes (they're adorable and I make them for all my friends' birthdays; I'll have to post a picture of one),

I'd love to see them let me know if you ever get a chance to post pics!  

DarkPrincesa

DarkPrincesa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:16 pm
Ramen With Tofu
I work off pre-made patterns mostly, but that's only because I don't know how to make my own... yet.

My whole hope when I started was to make my own patterns, but after just doing two items I realize that may be a lot harder then I first thought!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:57 am
I like sewing. I've made a handful of dark, velvety skirts... mostly because buying the material and stitching it yourself is so much cheaper than getting things from gothic clothing companies (which tend to overcharge). Lately I've got more adventurous and made myself some tops too, though I haven't graduated to hanging sleeves with lace.

My mother puts me to shame, though. She can make anything.  

Veruniel
Crew

TybaltGamemaster

nuGen Staff Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Committee Staff 25
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:03 am
I was about to learn how to sew when a hyperactive seamstress joined my dorm. Now, to my shame, I can make her make just about anything, and she just loves dressing me up. sweatdrop Kinda embassasing, actually.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:35 pm
Ah. I'm working on my sewing. I have a sewing machine, but I haven't really made anything yet. Well, I made a star pin cushion, but that was so easy it pains me. I'm planning on making some arm warmers when I can afford to get fabric.

So, in roughly two months or so. gonk Stupid iPod dying. I must buy a new one!

AverageTyrant

TimelessAngel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:49 pm
I don't really sew, I crochet(sp?) and knit. I want to take a sewing class at my college since the class is available. There are so many things that I would like to make; skirts, shirts, I even want to try my hand at arm warmers and (fingerless) gloves...
Basically I want clothes that fit my personality.

I sort of like the gypsy look: long skirts, poet shirts, scarves, etc...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:15 pm
i do some sewing; like triangular panels in my pants to make the bells wider. those i usually do by hand but larger projects i'll use my aunts machine.  

.blood x stitched x paws.

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:53 am
I was taught to tailor my own coats and shirts by my mum, she insisted we all had domestic skills. So I guess you could say I know how to sew.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:13 am
It seems like a lot of people make their own arm warmers. Is there a pattern out there? Do you make your own by putting paper against your arm? I would want my stich line to be even...  

DarkPrincesa

Ramen With Tofu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:36 pm
DarkPrincesa
Ramen With Tofu

My whole hope when I started was to make my own patterns, but after just doing two items I realize that may be a lot harder then I first thought!
I want to learn. So I am taking a class once I save up the money. I can't wait for friday though, I have a gift card for walmart so I am going to buy a crap loads of patterns and maybe some fabric.... and then once I master the premade pattern I am going to se if I can throw in some of my own made off of them.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:46 pm
Ramen With Tofu
DarkPrincesa
Ramen With Tofu

I want to learn. So I am taking a class once I save up the money. I can't wait for friday though, I have a gift card for walmart so I am going to buy a crap loads of patterns and maybe some fabric.... and then once I master the premade pattern I am going to se if I can throw in some of my own made off of them.

Thats my plan as well. I mean if you get enought pieces and see enough times how they fit together I am sure it will be eaiser to make your own from scratch or off the pieces  

DarkPrincesa

Silly_Doll

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:34 pm
Here's a thought, anyone here knit or something simmilar?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:27 pm
Silly_Doll
Here's a thought, anyone here knit or something simmilar?

I knit! *flails both arms in the air enthusiastically*  

Kristoya

Kristoya

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:32 pm
DarkPrincesa
Tyshia
Normally when I sew things from scratch now, I'm sewing dolls or doll clothes (they're adorable and I make them for all my friends' birthdays; I'll have to post a picture of one),

I'd love to see them let me know if you ever get a chance to post pics!

I'll post a picture of the ones I'm making now for my boyfriend and other friend for their birthdays. 3nodding I should be finished in like a week? Maybe. I'm being lazy lately.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff