Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Dadalorian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:46 pm
IY_and_MCR
Here's a link to a thread that is similar:
Is it alright for goths to go to church?

I'd prefer this topic stay in there because a lot of people will just say "I am" and leave this thread.
That wouln't make for much of a discussion.
But I will leave this thread here for now.
If it produces more thoughtful comments compared to the number of posts that do not add to the topic it willl be left open.

if that's the title, then it's different
you cna go to church but not be christian, you can jsut be forced to go there
and i don't mean to be rude by that statement either  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:51 pm
Chaos A.D.
IY_and_MCR

I'd prefer this topic stay in there because a lot of people will just say "I am" and leave this thread.
If it produces more thoughtful comments compared to the number of posts that do not add to the topic it willl be left open.

The thread I linked to isn't called "Do you go to church"
It's "Is it alright for goths to be christian"
Pretty much asking can a goth be christian.
This thread is asking who here is christian.
They overlap in a way.

I also didn't say they were the same.
I said similar for a reason.

I don't say this to be rude either.  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

The Dadalorian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:11 pm
IY_and_MCR
Chaos A.D.
IY_and_MCR

The thread I linked to isn't called "Do you go to church"
It's "Is it alright for goths to be christian"
Pretty much asking can a goth be christian.
This thread is asking who here is christian.
They overlap in a way.

I also didn't say they were the same.
I said similar for a reason.

I don't say this to be rude either.
okay, i'm sorry, missunderstanding
and they are smililar you're right  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:04 am
*raises hand.* mrgreen

I'm not sure if I believe everything the Bible says though. It was written by human beings, so I don't expect it to be perfect. And even if it started out perfect or not, it's still been republished and translated so many times, something was bound to change. I just try to fallow what seems morally right, and if I end up being wrong, that's just my problem.  

TheWitchGotRobin

Taconius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:06 am
I'm a religious person. I just sort of make up my own Christianity as I go along. I call it the pursuit of enlightenment. There are too many other people trying to do the same thing, it's stupid to pick one sect and follow it, so I just like...do my thing. Wear my black christian hoodie that says "Christ is the solidROCK ONwhich I stand. It's less clever than I value it as. But I like it. And that there Jesus is a great deterrent to practices in self injury. Hell is a scary idea...I bet all the metal there is scream/hardcore with two rhythym guitars and girlpants-singers. *shudder* I wanna go to heaven...and play Jesus' super Les Paul custom with golden pickups and diamond strings...that rip asunder the unbelievers with wailing quadruple blackhole pickups the likes of which the terrestrial world will never know.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:34 am
Taconius
I'm a religious person. I just sort of make up my own Christianity as I go along. I call it the pursuit of enlightenment. There are too many other people trying to do the same thing, it's stupid to pick one sect and follow it, so I just like...do my thing. Wear my black christian hoodie that says "Christ is the solidROCK ONwhich I stand. It's less clever than I value it as. But I like it. And that there Jesus is a great deterrent to practices in self injury. Hell is a scary idea...I bet all the metal there is scream/hardcore with two rhythym guitars and girlpants-singers. *shudder* I wanna go to heaven...and play Jesus' super Les Paul custom with golden pickups and diamond strings...that rip asunder the unbelievers with wailing quadruple blackhole pickups the likes of which the terrestrial world will never know.

Sweet hoodie and I like your idea of Heaven. heart  

TheWitchGotRobin

wickerseer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:45 pm
im a christian goth, I just get called a satanist for some of the imagery i use (say the orouborus). Plus i hate organized religion, i beleive what i feel is right. now this sucks for me since im in kentucky...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:16 pm
wickerseer
im a christian goth,

wickerseer
Plus i hate organized religion,

Odd.  

-Isel-

wickerseer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:27 pm
i just dont like it, mainly because the figurehead (preacher or preist) is going to send his ideas out and people are going to eat it up without any other knowlage of the faith or religion. I have my own veiws, i love god and beleive in jesus, but i leave room for my own opinions which turn away most conservitives.

ok, im sorry if that offended anyone. And yes i do realize that alot of people are conservitive. This is just my opinion, and I am open to hear other peoples opinions and ideas mrgreen
And to say it, I dont totaly hate organized religion, I just have an extreme distaste. I love God and Jesus, and i pray all the time.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:38 pm
im a christian goth too....i do have to admit i really dont like being forced to go to church now....but i do still have faith....i dont see how people can get through life not beliveing in some higher power....everyone needs someone to lean on some time or another  

rosalind_spencer

wickerseer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:59 pm
rosalind_spencer
im a christian goth too....i do have to admit i really dont like being forced to go to church now....but i do still have faith....i dont see how people can get through life not beliveing in some higher power....everyone needs someone to lean on some time or another

thats what i've been trying to say. My mother forces her brand of christianity down my throat, which I cant take. I will take the christianity that i've done reasearch on for a little while now  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:07 pm
I'm a christian, but there's one beleif that I don't practice:

the beilief that homosexuality is a sin (love is love)

.+Melanthios+.

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:31 am
.+Melanthios+.
I'm a christian, but there's one beleif that I don't practice:

the beilief that homosexuality is a sin (love is love)

I respect Christianity, despite the fact that I follow my own path which has very minimal Christian influence.

However, the dogmatic systems and 'holier-than-thou' attitudes of some sects bother me. I understand that not all members of that sect may subscribe to a particular state of mind pretaining to certain issues, but it still bothers me that the higher-ups in the sect try to preach negative messages... such as that homosexuals are sinners because of who they fall in love with.

Not to say that Christianity is bad. It actually hasd many good points to it... (some which I wish many so-called 'Christians' would practice...). I'm speaking of ideas such as trying to be the best person you can be, and to love and accept everyone, and be kindly and charitable twoards all, like Jesus. I hold Jesus in very high esteem. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:33 am
gothkid82
If a similar topic has already been posted, I do give you all my most sincere apologies.

I am curious as to how many Christian Goths, like myself, there may be here. So far I have been fortunate to meet a few over the course of my life, and, if there any here, perhaps we could become acquainted.

why are you only looking for christian goths?  

Devils_lilboy

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces