Your own personal Sactuary? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:29 am
I'm lucky. My city is filled with lovely, relaxing places, and I could never pick a single favourite.

We have two major graveyards which are both old and overgrown. They've actually been set aside as havens for birds, and it's very comforting to walk there. There are also churchyards. The city's got about fifty churches, and each one has its own little green square with trees.

There are also some busier places that I find relaxing. Every day I pass through a place called Pottergate, which is so stuffed with pigeons that I have to be careful not to step on one. If I'm feeling down, I go there with a hunk of old bread. Nothing has me laughing faster than five birds all trying to sit on my hand at once!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:23 pm
i have nowhere..i wish i did i could use to escape at times  

ketchakik

Racer Q

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:14 am
My sanctuary.....I would say either my bedroom, local bookstore, the sidewalk, or library at school.More often than not it's my room or the sidewalk. The sidewalk because once I am there I think a lot more clearly than anywhere else, and once I am in my own thoughts I am kind of secluded so yeah.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:53 pm
gothkid82
Do you any of you have a location, possibly in your own home town that you would consider your own personal place of refuge? There just at the end of the lane I live on where I go to write, read the bible, pray, and just get away from the problems I'm facing in life.

I often walk there ever full moon, around midnight, just to be alone and recharge from a stressful 30 days.

Here's a video of my own sanctuary:
Hooray for YouTube!

The most peaceful place i've ever had the privaledge to visit, was the German Military Cemetery at Langemarck near Ypres, it was beatuiful, there were several large oak trees and it was quiet and shady, so when i'm stressed i imagine myself sitting under one of the trees.  

TheOriginalNonEmo

6,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

DR490N

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:29 pm
hmm. the youtube video doesnt work. i'm just gettign a white screen...no graphics or anything.

nonetheless, my sanctuary is my room or at a nice big graveyard when weather permits...i need a duster coat to go out for long periods of time in this weather, and as stands i have a leather 50s style biker jacket.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:52 pm
I live near almost nowhere slightly interesting. Nowhere. If I go near the stream, its not good enough because I still feel watched. So, I'd have to say my room. Its a place were I can call my own. I like my friends' house too.

OblivionsGarden

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:53 pm
Well, for me...it's been the small "lake" by my apartment complex.
I'm not supposed to go in there for it's "private property" but whatever. I go at night when they have the waterfall turned on and sit underneat the trees and watch the water slush about. It's really nice at times, especially when the moon is out ^_^

Other than that, it's in my room, curled up in my down comforter, resting in my really old brown chair. I just curl up and think things through....or delving into a new book.

Or out on my balcony while it is raning.

Other than those, my favourite is with Chelsea (dating unit), walking through the park at night.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:42 pm
Mine's clear and made of glass. It has a sign that says "Jim Beam Black". razz  

UraniumMonk

Elochai Sammael

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:29 pm
My room's where I keep all my impotant stuff (music, books, art), but there's an abandoned building down the road from me that, if it were stone, would look almost exactly like a mosoleum. I go there to clear my head of just ******** around when I'm bored. I keep my blades there.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:42 pm
My haven would have to be the school's band room. its where most of my time is spent, and often where I'm happiest. Especialy when I'm playing my instrument.  

Katanas Blade

The Toolness

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:14 pm
My sanctuary is alcohol. I prefer drunk over sober because when drunk nothing matters I can let myself forget anyworries I have... its great... for me atleast...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:19 am
As long as I am at a computer and have my headphones on, then I can get into my sanctuary. I write stories and while I write, I am generally at peace.  

Skeksys Beau Pre

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:39 am
My bedroom usually tends to be my sanctuary... I don't get out often enough.
But whenever it rains, I love to just walk around outside and feel how nice it is. smile
My other sanctuary would probably have to be church; it's so peaceful in there... *drifts off in thought*  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:34 am
Right now, my sanctuary is my bedroom at my father's bedroom because I can play my piano in peace.

-Lasciate Ogni Speranza-

absinthemourning

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:19 pm
My sanctuary is behind a camera. I lose myself in the beauty of other things as I create wonderment for the world to see.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff