Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
The Mother of all "T3k Talk" stories. ~_~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is it scary?
  YES
  pfft wht a l0$3r
View Results

Acerbic Song

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:27 pm
If one of my teachers did that, I'd...okay, I'd fall out of my chair and start laughing, while simultaneously screaming mentally in horror. burning_eyes

Ack.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:41 pm
Holy...crap...

I absolutely refuse to believe that a teacher would do something so...so...

Wait a sec...

Yep. There it goes. My brain stopped. dramallama  

Lekonua

Wealthy Genius

5,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Galadedrid Damodred

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:15 pm
*hands you the Shakespearean Cudgel of Literacy +3*

Kill.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:31 am
WHAT THE HELL!? These are supposed to be the people that teach the future generation how to live and work! If they screw up, we all screw up!

Can I impale this teacher?  

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

Captain Purpleheart

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:46 pm
A teacher?
No...I'll never trust teachers again...ever...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:16 pm
User ImageI see the ANGELS...User Image

I officially declare that teacher's email the worst email I've ever seen. O__O
That's worse than most n00bs on Gaia, I swear...

User ImageI'll lead them to your door...User Image

[+umbra+]

Nicotine Queen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:56 pm
Yeah. My teacher does that, too.
But, not half as bad. He just uses "U", and "Ur" and stuff like that....  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:07 pm
I have one for you guys, okay? I don't know if the guy was just.. I don't know, too young to know how to type certain words out or what--however, it is in my opinion that if you can properly type out a URL, you should know how to type out these simplistic sentences that.. I am about to past here, in just a tic'.

Here's the story behind it, and I hope it's not against the guidelines (some of those are very...er..vague).

These guys here have a guild on Gaia. I'm not going to put which guild, because I don't want them to be scoped out and harassed (the guidelines don't say you can't harass these people in other forums, see?).

This is in the description:

We are very active and post every day and were on most of the day 2 my staff are pritty stuped but u get used 2 it + squall can barely spell anything right (not my fult. i blame it on...um..the carrots)

we now have a giant battat rp and lots of extras  

Arlene Machiavelli

Arlene Machiavelli

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:12 pm
By the way, I'm going to be a fifth-grade teacher and I realize that more and more children are seeing, learning, reading this text talk bullshit. But I refuse to use it in my classroom.

(Didn't you guys read the article where someone had made a text talk translation of either the Bible or Beowulf that's actually being studied by students? As if highschoolers couldn't read those little numbered notelets at the bottom of the pages. Psshft.)  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

.::Ebony says::.

I . . . I think I just crapped myself. A teacher. o_____o

.::[/Ebony]::.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Ebania

Sarcastic Prophet

Dark_rose_fighter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:20 pm
HOLY CRAP!!

At school today, I told her that I couldn't read her email and thats why I didn't have my essay. She said "Why couldn't you?" then I said "Because I don't tek talk". She was like "Oh, well I still can't give you a make up date." and I was like "You better, because tek talk isn't the correct form of gramer. YOu should have used good gramer instead of asuming that everyone is capable of reading that form of slang." She then freaking sat my a** in detention, and now I have a zero for that feild! I am going to sue or somthing I swear! >.<  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:21 pm
This is an outrage! scream  

Dark_rose_fighter

XxJennessaxX

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:32 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Your teacher should get fired. I am a teacher, and one of my students handed in an essay completely written in leet. He deserved a detention. You didn't. You should report her to the principal (print out the page where your teacher's message is on).
Click  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:07 pm
Guhuhuhuh...gahahaha... gonk  

MadnessFreak

ahzma attack

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:19 pm
I'm sorry, but you make a lot of spelling errors. That's besides the point, anyways, I'd be scared by that too, because I hate any word witha number in it that's supposed to be a letter.  
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff