Political Discourse Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Merridew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:02 pm
Koren_suzaku
I wasnt very proud to be american when my President was getting blow jobs under the desk.

I agree... If a President is willing to commit perjury over something as petty as an affair, then what else is he willing to lie about?

Just some food for thought. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:05 pm
candycrack
Im 20 live on my own and haven't been able to find a job now for months, why because the economy is that bad around here, wich is why Kerry did lead for Michigan. I know what the real world is like, Mommy dosen't support me and pay for all my things. Nope not at all. I know how corrupt Bush is, in what he says and what he does. But thats just my opinion, and I have no intent of arguing anything because the damn elections are over, and all I can do is hope that this country dosent fall anymore then it already has in the past 4 years. neutral

I'm in the same boat as you, I live on my own and support myself and stuff. Luckily I do have a job, but it's only part time and I hardly get any hours, and I don't have medical or dental insurance. What really sucks is that it's people like us that are lower to middle class hard working citizens that get the shaft in all of these decisions that Bush makes. When he makes tax cuts, it really only benefits the rich. When war happens, it's us and our friends that get sent to Iraq. And the majority of the people that vote are middle aged middle to upper class citizens that don't realize how bad things really are in the broad spectrum of things, and who blindly vote for the republican canidate because that's what feels right for some reason. I don't know... people are stupid...  

[waffles]

Dedicated Loiterer

7,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Millionaire 200

Dr. Joanna Sexchocolate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:05 pm
Those blow jobs didn't get anyone killed.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:07 pm
Jonas Albrecht

Operation Desert Fox, anyone? wink  

Merridew

candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:09 pm
Merridew
Koren_suzaku
I wasnt very proud to be american when my President was getting blow jobs under the desk.

I agree... If a President is willing to commit perjury over something as petty as an affair, then what else is he willing to lie about?

Just some food for thought. 3nodding

Well...

Thomas Jefferson had a child with one of his slaves, that was kept a secret for years.

Fanklin Rosevelt had an affair...

JFK... continued seeing other women while he was married...

Eisenhower had an affair...

And the list goes on.. now how many people are going to argue about these presidents standings in time? Clinton was just unlucky and got more publicity then the other's ever did. Everyone has thier secrets even presidents, none the less you cannot deny the good they did for our country.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:10 pm
CC - I'm not saying Clinton was a bad president... I'm just saying that he committed perjury, which is a pretty bad offense when you're the President. sweatdrop  

Merridew

candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:12 pm
[waffles]
candycrack
Im 20 live on my own and haven't been able to find a job now for months, why because the economy is that bad around here, wich is why Kerry did lead for Michigan. I know what the real world is like, Mommy dosen't support me and pay for all my things. Nope not at all. I know how corrupt Bush is, in what he says and what he does. But thats just my opinion, and I have no intent of arguing anything because the damn elections are over, and all I can do is hope that this country dosent fall anymore then it already has in the past 4 years. neutral

I'm in the same boat as you, I live on my own and support myself and stuff. Luckily I do have a job, but it's only part time and I hardly get any hours, and I don't have medical or dental insurance. What really sucks is that it's people like us that are lower to middle class hard working citizens that get the shaft in all of these decisions that Bush makes. When he makes tax cuts, it really only benefits the rich. When war happens, it's us and our friends that get sent to Iraq. And the majority of the people that vote are middle aged middle to upper class citizens that don't realize how bad things really are in the broad spectrum of things, and who blindly vote for the republican canidate because that's what feels right for some reason. I don't know... people are stupid...

3nodding Not direct this at anyone here, but too many teenagers and younger people I know don't understand this and still live with Mommy and Daddy are the friends I have and know who voted for Bush, they still have luxuries and don't realy have that great of a grasp for whats realy going on with the economy. Mommy and daddy pay for thier stuff so they don't know what its like trying to find a job and just how much bad has effected us from Bush. Wich is why I get so annoyed with people.

That and alot of others I know ONLY voted for bush because he was anti-abortion and Kerry was pro choice.. Wich makes no sense because despite being anti-abortion Bush is for the death penalty.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:13 pm
Merridew
Jonas Albrecht

Except that it had nothing to do with the Clinton scandal.  

Dr. Joanna Sexchocolate

candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:14 pm
Merridew
CC - I'm not saying Clinton was a bad president... I'm just saying that he committed perjury, which is a pretty bad offense when you're the President. sweatdrop

Yes, but he's not the only one who has commited something of the sort, and dosen't deserved to be bashed for it and looked down upon when some of the other greatest presidents of our time commited the same thing, if not worse. It also has no point in this discussion what so ever, and thats what I was trying to get at. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:15 pm
Merridew

Considering how well our nation flourished under Clinton, I'm willing to forgive him.  

Dr. Joanna Sexchocolate

Merridew

I'd like to believe that the theories behind abortion and the death penalty are polar opposites... one is killing innocent children, one is killing terrible, guilty adults.

There are so, so many people out there who can't have children and would love to adopt... why not have your baby and put it up for adoption?

Or even better yet, why not practice safe sex?

On the other hand, I believe that raped women or victims of incest should be allowed to have an abortion... They shouldn't be punished for the crimes of another.  
Merridew

Do you know how many bad things George Bush has done? He's done many things far worse than perjury...

candycrack
That and alot of others I know ONLY voted for bush because he was anti-abortion and Kerry was pro choice.. Wich makes no sense because despite being anti-abortion Bush is for the death penalty.

That's ridiculous because there were so many more pressing issues at hand, like the war and the bad economy and such.  

[waffles]

Dedicated Loiterer

7,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Millionaire 200

laFred

Yeah, all my friends (13) and even my sister's friends (17) complain about the "junk" that they get. stressed My friend started to complain yesterday (she's 13) because her parents wouldn't buy her that Porsche for ONLY $7K. She was upset because they were looking at the older, junkier (yet still nice) car for $5K. rolleyes I'm paying for my own car with MY own job when I'm older. It's not going to be a fancy one, either. sweatdrop Then my sister's friend wanted a nice iPod for her birthday but she threated that if she got an iPod MINI she'd throw it away because it holds so-and-so thousand less songs. scream My stupid rich snotty friends get on my nerves too often. I'm just waiting for when they hit the real world and can't go to Mom and Dad for every little problem.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:16 pm
Jonas Albrecht
Merridew
Jonas Albrecht

Except that it had nothing to do with the Clinton scandal.

gonk

I wasn't insinuating that it did. I was implying that Clinton doesn't exactly have clean hands either when it comes to military operations that cost lives. confused  

Merridew

Miss Puu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:16 pm
It really gets me going when people dare put abortion and the death penalty in the same catagory. To kill your own child by mean of sucking it out or the method referred to as the "candied apple baby" is so wrong it makes me want to cry.

The economy has fallen. A lot of it is due to 9-11. And Bush has gotten a lot of jobs open out there.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games