Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Have you ever noticed....... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Shammie Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:47 pm
EDIT: *just caught a clover* B)

I hate it when people do that. One of my friends decided not to be my friend anymore and she wrote out her entire speech in "txt tlk." Chatspeak makes me writhe being totally honest.

Agreed about text messaging though. It saves a lot of money, and since I pay my own cell phone bill...... Yeah. 'Nuff said.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:51 pm
Speaking as someone who doesn't own a cell phone (I'm so behind the times) I really have no use for txtlk. I can understand if the person is trying to say something without paying a fortune with a phone.

But text messaging is something I find way overused. Unless you're in a silent situation (like a a college class or a meeting) and can't say a word on the phone, then why not just make a call and say what you need to say? I know, there's no promise that the person on the other end will be in a convenient situation either but... you know.

Mostly, all I see kids using text messaging for is chatting in class when they're not even supposed to HAVE phones out.

Maybe it costs less to message than speak. I don't know, I don't have a phone. But I suspect it is the opposite.

In any case, there is no charge for digital text on the internet. Just because it may take a bit longer to type something out (although I LOSE time trying to formulate txtlk when I try it) doesn't mean that it's a bad thing. The txtlk craze is a matter of time.

But when words are free, why bother?  

SilverBellsAbove

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas