Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: On No, They Didn't!! :: Things You Don't Like About Shojo Beat :.
Ten things I hate about Nana Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Agree or want me to shut up?
  Agree!
  Shaddup!
  GOLD!
View Results

ristuka-chan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:07 pm
first off shut up nobody wants to hear why you hate nana because you are dumb nana is a good manga and if fourth graders are reading shojobeat and taking after these girls then its the 'rents who are at fault. not shojobeats. and another thing whoever said if you want to see guys start reading shoune jump because if you havent realized shojo means girls and shounen means boys........SO OF COURSE ITS GONNA BE MOSTLY ABOUT GIRLS!!!! GOD YOU DUMB-A!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:18 am
i luv nana
and like someone previously said if u think its to much gorls(theres not) get shonen jump becuase u know shojo does mean girl. I luv Nana O. im not to fond of the other nana but i still think shes alright. NANA ROCKS~~~~ heart and i also luv the art!  

Nanami.x.Yuki

Hikaru-Haruhi-Hitachiin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:25 am
sara-ane
(in no order)
1. It's mostly about girls. I AM a girl I want to look at GUYS not girls!
2. I didn't like the main character straight off. If I found out I was dating a married man I would KILL the guy and send his sausage to the wife with an explaination. I would NOT pine after the B-tard
3. I don't like music manga, never have.
4. I'm not too fond of art manga either.
5. Too much sleeping around! One would think that the little idiot would have learned her lesson after she found out about the married man!
6. BOTH NANAs are bad examples. I teach kids and some of my FOURTH GRADERS like the manga.
7. The art just isn't my style. I like softer lines.
8. With very few exceptions, real life mangas just aren't my thing.
9. It doesn't seem to have a clear plot.
10. Everyone else I know likes it! gonk

I cant argue much with your first five points because its all a matter of opinion even if I dont agree with you. The fact is that neither Nana's need to be good examples. I'm so tired of manga were the main character does the right then then sums up why its right in a G.I. Joe-show fashion. Chances are thats the type of manga that nobody wants to read anyway.

If your students are reading manga that is CLEARLY marked for OLDER TEENS then maybe its not the mangaka's problem but the parents? If Nana sets a bad example then so does Sin City, all of Stephen King books, most TV shows that are not sitcoms and almost every movie. I hate it when people try to blame the work itself instead of just patrolling what they're kids read. Its like parents trying to get Family Guy off tv because they dont like what they're kids are seeing. Perhaps they should turn off the damn tv? Maybe the parents need to take the damn books from they're kids if its too old for them? Obviously if your kids are learning things they shouldnt from Nana then they're not being taught at home what is right and what is wrong hence why they turn to a book.

Lastly the manga has a very clear plot. Its two women with the same name who are opposites but very much alike, living and trying to make lives for themselves.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:36 pm
they're in tokyo. okay, so it's really populated. how is it that they have the same name, and WHY DOE IT MEAN 7?!?!?! if they had different names (and no, hachi's nickname "8" doesn't count) then maybe it'd be realistic. MAYBE.  

LovelyAdversity

Asano Rain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:28 am
sara-ane
(in no order)
2. I didn't like the main character straight off. If I found out I was dating a married man I would KILL the guy and send his sausage to the wife with an explaination. I would NOT pine after the B-tard
5. Too much sleeping around! One would think that the little idiot would have learned her lesson after she found out about the married man!
6. BOTH NANAs are bad examples. I teach kids and some of my FOURTH GRADERS like the manga.

I'm a huge NANA fan, although I will admit that lately, it hasn't been as interesting as it was in the earlier volumes. Still an excellent manga by all means and I'm dying to know where Hachi-tachi's adventures will lead them.

Plus, it's a slice-of-life manga, so there isn't a "clear-cut" story (although the plot begins to string together in later volumes). It's them just struggling to get by emotionally and physically and doing... erm, daily things while life leads them in different directions. If that sorta manga isn't your thing, I wouldn't expect you to become a fan of NANA anyway. ^^;

But not enough guys...?! It seems to me like there are plenty of men in the world of NANA, at least in equal ratio to the women.

Not to mention NANA wasn't intended for 8-year-olds, even in Japan. The magazine it runs in (Ribon Cookie) is a step above Ribon proper (the anthology that Tanemura Arina's stuff runs in) and is intended for older girls.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:34 pm
sara-ane
(in no order)

Hear, hear!

NANA is my least favorite manga of all time. I bought one volume, and I absolutely hated it.

It was boring ( #8 )

It was dirty and disgusting ( #5 and #6 ) I mean, I'm seventeen, and I still love innocence and all. And this went way too far. It sickened me.

I hated how nothing anywhere near romantic seemed sacred. Not sex, not love, not being faithful...It was not something I wanted to read...

But, I had bought it because I've heard so many great reviews on it...I wish I hadn't...  

Rune WolfHaven

justamunkey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:04 am
Kibeth

Hear, hear!

NANA is my least favorite manga of all time. I bought one volume, and I absolutely hated it.

It was boring ( #8 )

It was dirty and disgusting ( #5 and #6 ) I mean, I'm seventeen, and I still love innocence and all. And this went way too far. It sickened me.

I hated how nothing anywhere near romantic seemed sacred. Not sex, not love, not being faithful...It was not something I wanted to read...

But, I had bought it because I've heard so many great reviews on it...I wish I hadn't...

Well, we all have things we hate I guess.

But to me Nana is one of the best manga to come out in a while. It's more original (no magical girls, no "bishies", no aliens/robots/fairies, etc), the artwork is unique and recognizable, the characters aren't random-- they all interact and have backstories.

And really? You thought it was "dirty and disgusting"?? What kind of manga do you normally read?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:22 pm
sara-ane
(in no order)

Arg, I totally agree. The random sex all over the place was a total turn off. I mean, seriously.

True, I found parts of it pretty interesting...I thought it wrapped up nicely. But all in all I was disgusted with a lot of it.

Like Kibeth said, I too am seventeen, and I do NOT want to be reading something with so much unfaithful sex! It's just stupid!  

maple_chan

3,550 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Remi Mirebeau

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:27 pm
It's pretty rare to read a manga where the women are empowered by their sexuality, and not striving to be "pure". In that respect, it's slightly groundbreaking, realistic, and refreshing.

Other than that, the story does not interest me enough to keep reading or be a fan. Needless to say, I got bored smile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:38 am
I kinda like the manga, in that I liked reading it when it was in SB, but I have no interest in buying the manga. For one thing, I can't stand Hachi! I mean, where does she get off on being the other woman?! I think that she got what she deserved when Shoji cheated on her! I mean, I think it was wrong of him to cheat on her, but she was a lousy grilfriend! All she ever did was ditch him and complain! domokun scream  

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Fuyu Maiden

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:12 am
I liked Nana in the beginning and I like both of the protagonists, but the thing that bothered me about Nana was that there are too many other stories. And yes...Hachi's love life got old fast.

I do like Nana and Hachi's friendship though...if every chapter had somehow tied in with them I would have liked the manga, but once I saw that things were just repeating themselves and both Nana's were just digging themselves into holes or heading for trainwrecks, I had to stop.

I know that it's supposed to be "real life" but it says "Soap Opera" to me more than it says real life. Though Hachi falling in and out of love with guys is pretty realistic to me (it reminds me of so many of my friends).

Also...there is a lot of sex and while I don't mind that usually...there's just a lot of it...once again...reminding me of soap operas.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:48 pm
I thinks Nana is okay, but there is too much cheating.  

Viet Dollie

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:32 pm
I hope that Hachi is starting to mature rolleyes  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:12 pm
sara-ane

Well go and read "Honey and Clover". Is about guys. If you like shonen ai, then X-1999 is the one you have to read (is a Viz Media shojo).

sara-ane

Hello!!!!!!!
Nana Komatsu was just an insecure, naive, kind of slutty teenager who felt lonely. Besides, this is a shojo/josei manga. Characters DO evolve with the series and become more mature. She doesn't stay as a slut the whole series.

sara-ane

Are you obbligated to like music manga? I don't like Yuu Watase manga.

sara-ane

The art doesn't make the story. Besides, there are other manga that is worse drawn and is still good.

sara-ane

Haven't you watched a soap opera or a prime time TV series like the OC or Grey's Anatomy?

sara-ane

Ok, that's is their parents fault. The manga clearly has a "MATURE CONTENT" label on the front. What parent would allow her/his lil girl read a manga with lots of sex, drug use and prostitution (Shin is a male prostitue who does it with older woman).

sara-ane

You already said that one.

sara-ane

Just don't read it.

sara-ane

It does, right now there are over 70 chapters and the story develops a lot in the later chapters.

sara-ane

Ok, well introduce me to them.

lol lol lol lol lol lol  

PerfectStranger_2-0

Sozomi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:14 pm
It's all about the drama, and Nana is a drama llama! dramallama I love Nana!  
.: On No, They Didn't!! :: Things You Don't Like About Shojo Beat :.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games