Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
This cracks me up... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Funny?
  Yeah.
  No...
View Results

Zee Zee Top

4,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:56 pm
Woodnut
Yavie Feels Pretty
In sixth grade, they made us learn a song about prepositions. Years later, I still remember it. gonk It was to the tune of Yankee Doodle.

Me too! Gosh, that was a long time ago. It still haunts me...

I remember that song!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:04 pm
Alabang
Woodnut
Yavie Feels Pretty
In sixth grade, they made us learn a song about prepositions. Years later, I still remember it. gonk It was to the tune of Yankee Doodle.

I remember that song!

Well, it may be annoying, but that's the kind of thing which makes people remember rules like that - exactly the kind of thing that schools these days don't seem to bother with. :/  

jackthepumpkinhead

Scythes R Us

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:49 pm
Okay, this is sad. I'm in 8th grade and I really had no clue what a preposition was until...this year sweatdrop . Go me. Now, all I have to do is remember 'any where a bunny goes'.
And I don't fully get the comic. I think it's funny that they're killing the wizard/sensei for using a preposition at the end of his sentence, but what's so wrong with breaking a few grammar rules when it works?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:07 pm
Wow. This kind've applies to me too, seeing as I'm currently twelve years old.  

chrystalclear

Carsayzlyum

2,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:24 pm
Yavie Feels Pretty

We learned one, too, as well as a song about helping verbs... most of my friends don't even know what a helping verb is.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:21 pm
Azaree
Hehehe, fun. I just wish that the people in my school were like that, so obsessed with grammar that they are willing to kill anybody who gets something even slightly wrong. Now those are the sort of people I actually like. My real class is filled with a load of stupid, violent prepubescent morons who have a lower IQ than George Bush (yes, it's possible) and believe that violence is the answer to everything. (And by the way, yes, I said prepubescent, I'm only 12, so are the idiots in my class who actually let their hormones bother them.)

O_O I'm 12, too! My class is probably just as stupid (if not even stupider) as George Bush, as well. It's saddening. T-T

Shigures Editor

Chase Keyhole

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:36 am
That's great. It made me giggle.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:59 am
It reminds me of a joke I heard. Warning...some offensive language.

On a plane ride, there was a Bostonian woman and a Texan sitting next to each other. The Texan turns to the woman and conversationally asks, "Where ya from?"
The woman replies in a very tart manner, "Where I come from, we do not end our sentences with prepositions."
The Texan blinks. "Sorry. Where ya from b***h?"

Sorry for the cuss word.  

Niccea Majeare

The Man who was Thursday

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:18 pm
Niccea Majeare
It reminds me of a joke I heard. Warning...some offensive language.

On a plane ride, there was a Bostonian woman and a Texan sitting next to each other. The Texan turns to the woman and conversationally asks, "Where ya from?"
The woman replies in a very tart manner, "Where I come from, we do not end our sentences with prepositions."
The Texan blinks. "Sorry. Where ya from b***h?"

Sorry for the cuss word.

Nobody really cares.

Well, they shouldn't, in any event.

Also: Hah. "Where I come from" -- dangling preposition zomg.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:41 pm
>.< Ugh, the stupidity of some people is certainly not something we should be proud of (yeah, that was on purpose).

It bugs me that this is the only place I wont get laughed at for saying that grammar is the best class at my school. Whereas, nobody seemed to care when some thirteen year old repeatedly said things like most bestest. Honestly, Rug Rats say most bestest, not students one year from high-school.  

ruddah_baggah

applecyder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:10 am
jackthepumpkinhead
Alabang
Woodnut
Yavie Feels Pretty

I remember that song!

Well, it may be annoying, but that's the kind of thing which makes people remember rules like that - exactly the kind of thing that schools these days don't seem to bother with. :/

Preposition at the end! wahmbulance

I won't eat you domokun  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Haha. Thats so funny. I would hug the person who made it if I could. <3  

ch4nel

misophonick

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:34 pm
That is really funny. I didn't get it at first, but I got it after reading it two times. rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:54 am
Hey, I didn't realize that so many younger people are in this guild. It's good to see that so many are really trying to be good "grammerians." It makes me happy to see that at least some young people are conscientious about the way they write. I say "write" because I don't talk the way I write, do you?  

iMUFFIN HOAR

MadnessFreak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:25 am
Yes indeed, I'm probably the youngest here.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff