Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
The admins have stooped lower than usual.......... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xAvenirYuinax

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:25 pm
No, no, it's from The Simpsons.

There was a kid in my class who kept saying D'oh. I swear, I nearly hit him. I don't like the word. It sounds like something a caveman would say.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:43 pm
While "D'oh" is rather amusing to hear Homer say on The Simpsons, I don't think it should be in the dictionary. I think that it proves how much we watch television and how much we practically worship those on it. xp  

Lunar Faerie

Dreaming in the Theatre

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:54 pm
Actually, with society, they might put "D'oh" in the dictionary some day. They did, a few years back, put "alright," which isn't a word.

...Or was it "all right" that wasn't correct? I don't remember; I was in third grade at the time. -headdesk-

POINT IS...with the popularity of the word, people will grow up (though hopefully not) thinking it is a word and just throw it in.

Eck, the horror. Can't you just see it now?

D'oh d^OH (interjection): Used when making a terrible mistake.

gonk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:52 pm
Run for your lives I say! I dont ever want it to come to that! It would drive me crazy if everyone started using it!  

Starry Phoenix

prosaic plastic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:05 pm
Thats sad. Thats vey sad.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:23 pm
i like The Simpsons and when homer says D'oh, its funny but when non-cartoon people say it, its retarded.

__X__Naomi__X__

DarkElf27

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:25 pm
Aren't you people being slightly overcritical? It's an exclamation, no different from 'oops' in it's context and meaning. confused  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff