Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Fanfiction - Share your own stories about the Naruto world!
The Missing Uchiha {PART 1} [complete] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you reading my fiction? (people count!!)
  Yep (+1)
View Results

Lady Okori

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:50 pm
Hmm, I wonder why Solari was drained of chakra? It kind of inconvenienced the whole team. It couldn't be Zabuza's sword, since it's Kisame's sword that sucks up your chakra...

The entire chapter is one whole block again, sweatdrop . Could you maybe fix that? Maybe you were in a hurry to fix the font and stuff, so take your time, 3nodding .

YOUR FANFICTION JUST JUMPED TO ANOTHER PAGE FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME! CONGRATULATIONS! (throws confetti and streamers at peoples faces)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:55 pm
yEAH!!! confetti! (eats the confetti)  

Maeve Avari

R0KI

Dangerous Genius

2,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:05 pm
i fixed it, thanks for reminding me.

i was just watching the Sasuke retrival arc and i realized 'wow this is where my story ends.' i know that that is kind a give away about what happens, but i'm thinking about also writing a story for the Shippuuden stuff.... sweatdrop wow i'm really obsessed with this story  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:58 pm
Chapter 5: Trees and Quesitons

They reached the Land of Waves without any more run ins with enemy ninja. Kakashi also found out, from Tazuna, that this mission should’ve been A-ranked. This meant it was going to be tough from here on out.

“There are something I need to teach you four,” Kakashi said once they reached Tazuna’s village.

“But what about Mr. Tazuna?” Sakura asked.

“He’ll be fine for this short a time. It is crucial you learn this.”

“Oh, okay.”

They left Tazuna behind and found a clearing of trees in the
forest.

“You are going to climb trees, without using your hands.”

“What?! How do we do that?! You’re insane!”

“It’s quite simple really. Just control the chakra flow in your feet.” Kakashi made a hand sign then began to walk towards a tree. When he reached the base of the tree he began to walk up the trunk. He didn’t stop until he was standing upside-down on a tree branch. “Now you try,” he said, “but go at a run because you’ve never done this before, and use the kunai knifes to mark where you can reach.”

They each picked a tree and stood about ten feet away from the base.

“Begin.”

They all focused their chakra and ran at the tree. Naruto made it about 2-feet off the ground before he fell. Sasuke made it about halfway up before his foot plunged into the tree and he fell off. Solari made it about halfway, lost her balance and fell. The three of them heard a laugh coming from Sakura’s tree.

“You’re kidding me,” Solari said, lying flat on her back completely winded.

Sakura was sitting on a tree branch twirling the kunai on her finger. There were no marks on her tree, unlike the other three.

“Good job Sakura. However, now I have nothing for you to do. How about trying to walk up the tree, instead of running.”

It took Sakura four tries when walking. When she finished, no one else had made much progress.

“All right, I give up on you Sakura. Just go guard Tazuna.”

“You give up? But I did it.”

“Precisely. I like to challenge you, but after you master that nothing I can show you while you are a genin would be a difficult challenge.”

Sakura nodded and left in the direction of the bridge.

Everyone left continued to practice. Naruto was making steady progress. However, Sasuke and Solari were stuck.

I got it! Solari thought triumphantly. I’ve been giving myself burst of chakra to my feet. I need a steady flow. She attempted to climb the tree again. She was using less chakra so it was harder, but she made it to the top.

“Good job Solari.”

“Should I go guard Tazuna now?”

“Soon, but first come with me.” Kakashi walked away from the clearing and Solari followed.

“Did you need to talk to me about something?”

“Yes, several things actually. How did you know we should duck when Zabuza originally attacked us?”

“How did you not know? I heard a sound like a whip cutting through the air and could tell by the way it echoed that it was coming towards us.”

“Hmmm… No one else heard a sound. How did you feel afterwards?”

“Well I felt like I used up all my chakra. I could barely move. But I used to be able to do it and I didn’t take any chakra. So now I just feel confused.”

“Right, that could be because you haven’t used it in a while. That has happened to me with my Sharingan before. Don’t worry about it, just practice it and it will get back to normal. How long have you been able to do that?”

Oh crap, I don’t want to talk about this. Solari paused. “For about 5 years. I had a...um…accident.”

“I remember that. Everyone thought you were dead, until the day you showed up at the village gate with ninja chasing you. What village were they from again?”

“Sound. They were jonin from the Sound Village.”

“You missed a year at the academy, yet you graduated with a perfect scores in both the written and skill tests.”

“Yeah, any more questions?” Solari was eager to leave before Kakashi began asking her about the accident.

“Only one more. While Naruto and Sasuke were fighting Zabuza, you collapsed. Why?”

“Well why do you think?" Solari sweat dropped. she didn't know how to say this with out it being completely obvious she was lying. "I just tried to do something and I didn’t have enough chakra. No strings attached, simple answer really.”

Kakashi looked suspicious. “Fine, you can go guard Tazuna now.”

Solari passed Naruto and Sasuke on her way to the bridge. They were neck-and-neck but making little progress.

R0KI

Dangerous Genius

2,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

Lady Okori

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:06 pm
I thought the Sharingan's powers only had to do with seeing things different, not hearing?

So, from the chapter I can sort of guess that she spent a year in the Sound village, probably not by choice judging by the fact that she had Sound jounin chasing after her. She probably escaped from the village after she had had enough, and Orochimaru wouldn't let her.

Of course, I'm just guessing after all.

Hmm..."accident"?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:26 am
So she must be partially Sound trained then. Better hearing than normal, that would do it. And being exhausted afterwards? A sign of under-use, as Kakashi said. Interesting...  

Purple dragon lady

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200

R0KI

Dangerous Genius

2,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:54 am
those r good (and correct) guesses...however the sharingan has nothing to do with her hearing...you'll find out more about why the jonin were chasing her in chapter 7 and a little bit more in i think its chapter 14....*checks chapters*....nope never mind, chapter 13

and she calls it and "accident" because she doesn't want anyone to know....in fact the only people who know where she was that year are the Hokage, Kabuto, Orochimaru, the Sound Four, Kin, Zaku, and Dosu.....that seems like alot of people but they are all from the Sound village (except for the Hokage...no duh)

i wouldn't be saying this but it never really is explained.......  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:54 pm
well, that's interesting. It's pretty obvios she had advanced hearing from being in the sound village for so long.  

Maeve Avari

R0KI

Dangerous Genius

2,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:16 pm
Chapter 6: Zabuza Returns

It took Naruto and Sasuke three days to climb the trees. The entire time they argued and fought about everything. (Yep it’s official, they are bitter rivals.) The bridge was also nearing completion. This was good for the shinobi from the Hidden Leaf Village, they could go home soon.

It was around noon and most of the other builders had gone home for lunch. Kakashi insisted they stay at the bridge so no one would have the chance to set a trap.

“I don’t like this at all. Can’t we actually see some of the Land of Waves? I’ve never been out of Konohagakure before,” Sakura said, leaning over the edge of the bridge to look at the water.

“I agree, well not with the whole ‘never been out of Konohagakure before,’ but the rest of it.” Solari was laying on the ground staring up at the clouds.

“That sounds like something a kunoichi might say,” Sasuke said, standing over her.

“Oh man you sexist pig! That sounds like something Shikamaru Nara might say!”

“I’m not sexist. One comment doesn’t prove anything.”

“This sucks, believe it. We’re stuck guarding this old man when we could be checking out the Land of Waves.” Naruto had completely missed that whole conversation.

“All right, I’m sorry. I take back what I said about kunoichi.”

“Thank you.”

“There really isn’t much to see. The Land of Waves is a poor country, especially now.”

“Why is that, Mr. Tazuna?”

“Gato. He’s a wealthy man that has taken over the Land of Waves to use as a smuggling port. He takes all the countries resources and his men go from town to town demanding money. He is also most likely the man who hired Zabuza to kill me. Gato knows that if this bridge is built and we connect with the mainland, his hold over us will evaporate. I am the head bridge builder, so if I die the bridge won’t get built.”

“So now you understand why it is crucial for us to stay here,” Kakashi said, staring pointedly at Naruto.

“Yeah but if that freak with no eyebrows comes here I’ll rip him apart with my bare hands.”

“Of course you will.” Naruto missed the sarcasm.

“Hm, this is weird. I was supposed to be sunny today, not foggy.”

“Zabuza,” said Kakashi, standing up. He turned towards the genin. “You four know what to do.”

Sasuke, Sakura, Solari, and Naruto circled around Tazuna, kunai knifes at the ready.

“It’s going to be different this time Kakashi. Now I have Haku with me.” Zabuza appeared in the fog, alongside him was the hunter-nin who had pronounced him dead.

“It doesn’t matter how many more ninja you bring with you Zabuza. We will beat you.”

“Really, Do you want to test that? How about Haku against any genin of your choice.”

I need to choose someone or he’ll kill Tazuna. Whoever I pick needs to be smart, right off the bat, that rules out Naruto. They need to be willing to kill, that rules out Sakura. Solari can keep those two under control, so she should stay here. Kakashi finally said something. “Sasuke will go against Haku. It’s the best choice.”

“I hope Sasuke wasn’t you favorite, because this is the last time you will see him alive. Haku, control yourself, at least leave a body.”

Sasuke began to walk away from the group.

“Sasuke, where are you going?”

“Away from here, to keep all of you safe.” Sasuke began to run.

“Follow him Haku!” Haku chased after Sasuke. As Haku was running, he pulled water from around the bridge and surrounded Sasuke.

“Sasuke look out!”

It was too late. Before Sasuke had time to react Haku had said, “Secret Jutsu: Crystal Ice Mirrors.” Rectangular slabs of ice formed and surrounded Sasuke. They covered all around and above him, closing him in.

“He needs help, this is bad,” Solari said with a worried look on her face.

“Leave it to me.”

“Naruto don’t!” But Naruto was already sprinting towards Sasuke and Haku.

“Now, now, I said one-on-one.” Zabuza swung his blade at Naruto but Kakashi stepped in the way of the blade. He now had a deep cut across the chest.

“Kakashi-sensei!”

Naruto made it inside the mirrors without trouble.

“Solari, go help. They don’t know what they’re dealing with,” Kakashi told her, dripping in blood.

“Do you know?”

“I think it’s some sort of kekki genkai. But I’m not sure.”

“Sensei, what about me?”

“Stay and guard Tazuna.”

Sakura looked crestfallen as Solari ran towards the ice mirrors. Before she got there though, Haku stopped her.

“Now I may be strong, but I can’t take on three at once. Just fight this for me. Shadow clone jutsu.”

What?! Can everyone do that now? Solari thought as Haku’s clone appeared in front of her.

All of Solari’s energy was going into fighting the clone. Even with half as much chakra as this guy is still strong.

Everything was going wrong. Kakashi was having trouble using his Sharingan against Zabuza because Zabuza was avoiding eye contact. Sasuke and Naruto were also losing from what she could see through the cracks between mirrors.

Solari was losing miserably. Every time she attempted a jutsu, Haku would attack her either with senbon or taijustsu. Solari was running out of energy quick, and it certainly didn’t help when Zabuza blocked everyone’s vision with mist. She was too weak and there were too many sounds, she couldn’t find the Haku she was fighting. She was stabbed, kicked, and punched until she was on the ground and couldn’t move.

That last thing she saw was red fiery chakra coming from the ice mirror cage.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:32 pm
Just for the record, his name is Gatou, or if you want to get into the American way of spelling it (which annoys me for some reason), Gato. It sounds like Gatomon from Digimon for some reason, hehe...

(ahem) ninja . Anyways, was it Solari that called Sasuke a sexist pig? The transformation from a quiet girl who barely spoke to someone much more talkative disturbs me slightly. No one changes that fast unless it was switching from an emotional mask to the real you or vice versa. It's either that or she is an extremely good actor or has a small case of dissociative identity disorder, or a split-personality.

Or maybe she just bottles up all of her feelings and is starting to get so used to her team that she is slowly showing them her true self, which is actually very talkative compared to the mask. I dunno.

Solari is not Mary-Sue ish anymore, which is a good thing. When things are perfect for a character things tend to get boring fast.

Hehehe, cliffhanger. Nice. And thus the Kyuubi no Kitsune is awake once again!

Lady Okori

Purple dragon lady

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:45 am
Interesting...
"Too many sounds"? Must be confusing... Maybe write in a focusing excersize?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:23 pm
yeah i'm going to have a time for her to practace her hearing..not all of it is written in though.....

her personality changed because she is friends with them now (well still not so much with Sakura b/c of her Sasuke obsession)......Solari never quite got over what happend in the sound village (find out exactally what in chapters 7 and 13) so she never really trusted anyone......thats why she was quiet (and friends with Hinata)

oh and also i do use the American spelling cause i started watching the english version, but now its really annoying becasue i want to say things like tsunade-sama becasue lady tsunade just sound soo weird.....

R0KI

Dangerous Genius

2,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

R0KI

Dangerous Genius

2,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:37 pm
YEAH FINALLY!!!! as soon as i started writing my story this was the part i was looking forward to the most.....^_^

Chapter 7: Memories

“Good, she’s not unconscious anymore. Come on you three, let her sleep.”

“Can I wait here for her to wake up?”

“Fine, but don’t wake her.”

Solari woke up in a hospital bed. She sat up and looked around, she knew immediately that she was not in the Hidden Leaf Village. She tried to get out of bed. She managed but her legs were shaking. She walked to the window. Outside, Solari saw a village. It looked like the village was recovering from a war. The only buildings that were not run down were the hospital and the ninja academy. Where am I?

“Ah, hello little girl. I see you’re finally awake. How are you feeling?” A medic-nin had come in. He was wearing his forehead protector around his arm. When he turned to put down food on the bedside table Solari saw a symbol she didn’t recognize, it looked like a music note.

“I, uh,” she caught a look at herself in a mirror, she was 7 years old. Nothing looked different about her so she replied, “I feel fine.”

“That’s good. Now why don’t you eat this, then go back to sleep.”

Solari nodded and the man left the room.

When she woke up there was a boy and a girl sitting next to her bed.

“Who are you?”

“I’m Kin Tsuchi. This is Zaku Abumi. We wanted to visit you,” the girl said.

“But you don’t even know me.”

“Yeah well it’s not everyday someone comes to our village,” Zaku said with a bored expression on his face.

“So what’s your name?”

“I’m Solari, the Honorable granddaughter of the Third Hokage.”

“Can we call you Solari?”

“Yeah I prefer that.”

“Cool. Hey Zaku, what’s the matter?”

“Just thinking about Dosu. He’s been spending a lot of time at the academy recently. It’s not really unusual, but still…” his voice trailed off.

“Who’s Dosu?”

“Another friend of ours,” Kin said turning away from Zaku.

“I wouldn’t say friend. This village is so small that we’re ‘friends’ with everyone.”

“Oh I just had a great idea!” Kin exclaimed, jumping out of her seat. “Why don’t you stay here for a bit.”

“Here, like in the hospital?”

“No, our village, The Hidden Sound Village. You’ve probably never heard of us. We’re a fairly new shinobi village. We’re really poor and cramped here but I’m sure we can find a place for you to stay.”

“I don’t know. Wouldn’t I be considered a missing-nin from my own village?”

“No, you’re still an academy student,” Zaku replied staring at the palms of his hands.

“Um, yeah I could stay for a bit. But what about the time I’ll miss at the academy?”

“You can come to the academy here. Zaku, do you think she could come into our class?”

“Sit down Kin. Yeah probably, we’d have to teach her things so she’ll be at the same level as us. There are only three of us so it shouldn’t be a problem.”

They’re making plans for me without my consent. Oh well. She sighed. “I guess I’ll stay. It would be cool to see how another village works.”

“Sweet. Come on Zaku. Solari, we’ll be back tomorrow with a place for you to stay.” Kin left the room with Zaku following behind her, rubbing his hands together.

They came back the next day with another boy. They said his name was Dosu. Dosu was quiet and said nothing to Solari the whole time hey were there. Zaku said there was a spare room in the house their lord lived in. When she left the hospital she could stay there.

“Your Lord?”

“The man who created this village. His name is Orochimaru. He is not a Kage because our village is not strong enough to be recognized by the main five, so we just call him Lord.”

“Oh.”

Solari spent a whole year in the Sound Village. She become friends with all three of them, though she was closest to Kin. The four of them moved through the academy very quickly and became genin. They were put in a team together because there were no other graduates.

Walking home after a mission one day it hit her. I wasn’t supposed to stay here this long. I’m now a Sound genin. This is bad. I should go speak with Lord Orochimaru and see if I can go back to the Hidden Leaf Village. She hurried back to the house and stopped outside Orochimaru’s door. She could hear talking but couldn’t make out what they were saying. Oh this would be a great time to practice that new ability I have. It should be that bad because it doesn’t use any chakra and what could I possibly overhear. She sat down on the floor and began to focus. Blocking out different sounds she quickly found what she was looking for.

“What about here Lord Orochimaru? How have your plans been going?”

“Perfectly, the four of them are genin now.”

“So soon? I’m impressed.”

Solari heard footsteps coming toward the door. She broke off the connection, got up, and began to run. She wasn’t fast enough. Before she had gone ten steps Orochimaru dragged her back into the room.

“So,” he said, looming over her. “What did you hear?”

“Enough. You’re planning something to do with me, Kin, Zaku, and Dosu.”

“Did I say names?”

“No, but it was obvious.”

Orochimaru looked around and said to a figure in the corner, “Come here, I want you to meet Solari.” Turing towards Solari he said, “This is the very promising student I told you about. She figured out who was involved in my plan and listened for less than a minute. As you see she is very clever.”

The boy stepped forward, Solari still could not see his face. “Nice to meet you.” He held out his hand for her to shake. When she didn’t move he dropped his hand.

“I’m leaving.” Solari attempted to leave but Orochimaru blocked her path. “Get out of my way.”

“Do not disrespect Lord Orochimaru.”

“Why not? He’s not my Lord. I will never call him ‘Lord’ that’s a promise. Now move!” She did not expect him to, but Orochimaru stepped aside.

As she was leaving the room she heard, “Why did you let her leave?” “Because she will be back eventually. She will come by choice.”

Solari left the house and did not stop for anything. All of a sudden she heard people behind her. There were two jonin from the village chasing her.

The only place for me to go is back to the Village Hidden in the Leaves. She ran all the way back with the two jonin chasing her.

Solari sat bolt upright in a bed sweating in fear. Why did that memory come back? She looked around, this time she was back in the Hidden Leaf Village hospital. Next to her bed was Sasuke. He was holding something in his hand and had an angry look on his face. When his hand shifted Solari saw what he was holding. It was her necklace, and on the back of that necklace was inscribed Solari Uchiha.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:11 pm
I predict an angsty and angry explosion of colorful words.

I know how you mean about calling Sarutobi and Tsunade "Lord Hokage" and "Lady Tsunade". That's why I've stuck to the Japanese spellings and titles throughout my entire fanfictions.

You know, you don't have to put them if you don't want to. Your fanfiction can be a mix of both English and Japanese influences. I've always felt that a Naruto story was not fully complete without at least one "HENTAI!" "Sasuke-teme" or "dobe". sweatdrop .

To confirm something with you guys, I read the Japanese translated manga first, then subtitled episodes. I think that's where I get it.

Lady Okori

R0KI

Dangerous Genius

2,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:16 pm
ha i like writing tiny.....yeah i'm currently typing up chapter 15 and i think i'm just gonna switch to justing japanese honorifics and stuff......but some things will stay the same (like nine tailed fox instead of {insert phrase i don't know here})  
Naruto Fanfiction - Share your own stories about the Naruto world!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games