Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Has begging gotten worse?
  Yeah...
  No where have you been?
View Results

ChyaneLlree

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:41 pm
I get beggars all the time. Like I have tons of gold or something....  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:55 pm
I feel bad for the people who get hacked, but usually they do something stupid. My sister got hacked and she knew what she did that caused it to happen. I am not saying that it doesnt randomly happen... just that sometimes people are a bit careless.

I havent dontated/helped anyone really. Mainly because I dont belive them. If I see someone who is questing I would help... but not if they begged.  

DarkPrincesa

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:12 pm
I'm a gaia hermit and rarely go out into the main forums.
So, luckily, I don't deal with beggars.
(Except from one girl who demanded I give her "hawtt yoai pics", but that's not gold and besides the point)

Luckily, my avie is neither too bright or two dark to stand out in the times I do venture out of guilds.
A good thing now that I have plushies and stuff.
I can imagine beggers look for that stuff. >_>  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:28 pm
lurichan
It tends to happen after you've gotten even one good item...like for instance, when you get that coco that you're questing for there will be a good chance people will think you have a ton of gold and ask/demand that you donate to them because of that. sweatdrop

Good thing I decided that I didn't really want a Coco ^^;; I'm begger proof for a little while longer ^^;;  

Silly_Doll

ketchakik

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:44 pm
ppl never beg for stuff from me....
at least not directly...but my real friends know that if there is something i can help them with i will  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:01 am
Darkness Is My Life's Blood

Every single time I put something on the market, thats worth more than 25K I get PMed by beggers like mad, otherwise I'm basically ignored, glad to be though, and Lurichan, I think your right it is disrespectful to beg for something someone worked hard for.

Light Is My Deaths Curse

Dante Omura

TybaltGamemaster

nuGen Staff Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Committee Staff 25
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:35 am
Oddly enough, never a problem for me. [/Sarcasm]. A little bit of wearing newbie clothes will do that for ya.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:42 am
IY_and_MCR
I'm a gaia hermit and rarely go out into the main forums.

I know exactly how you feel. I've more or less given up on the main forums by now. Mainly I'd just got sick of the flamers, but it also means I don't deal with many beggars anymore.  

Veruniel
Crew

Ninja-xx-love

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:49 pm
I haven't been really asked for anything. I never asked for anything as well. Though things were given to me. I guess that they find it easier to ask someone else than to work for it and get it themselves.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:39 pm
some n00b tried to get my coco through begging. I so kicked him to the virtual curb. lol. Haven't seen him online since. ^_^  

hfdhgsdfgsf

Plan-Galere

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:30 pm
I've never had a beggar. Weird, considering I sometimes stand out.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:57 am
Just last night I had someone e-mail and ask if they could have one of my fox tails I had on the market! I said of course... they could go and buy which everone they wanted most, in fact they could have all of them if they wanted! They must not have really wanted one... oddly enought they didnt purchase or reply!  

DarkPrincesa

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:48 pm
I rarely venture out into the non-guild forums (minus the exchange...), but I get begging PMs all the time because I vend a lot.

Ever since I've gotten into vending, I get at least three PMs per day asking for me to drasticallyu reduce the prices of things, and even give away items. I'm currently questing, and I've worked my butt off to make it as far as I've gotten, so it's not like I'm going to give the 100k I've earned over the past several months to a mob of n00bs.

I've also gotten tons of scammers after me ever since I started vending a lot. I frequently get PMs like this:

Gaia_Haxzors: You have been suspected of scamming. The Gaia Administrators need your password in order to check your tadeing history. If you fail to respond to this PM you will be banned.

To which I usually reply:

My password is: F_U_SCAMMER!
Congratulations! You have been reported! =D  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:01 pm
I do believe a majority of the new members of gaia are just plain greedy. I am CONSTANTLY getting begged for, but it doesn't help that I have a reputation for being a nice person and actually donating to a few people. Especially when I'm selling items in the marketplace, I get swarmed by n00bs. Dx

I am quite the generous person, however. Over the years that I've been on gaia, I've probably spent way over 100k just donating to people. But very recently, I donated to these two certain members because they were new and they wanted items that were pretty much out of their reach unless they had a decent boost to their gold. After I helped out, I thought that would be it, but now BOTH of them have PMed me repeatedly asking ME for more GOLD!!!

Okay, so I gave them it once. Some may argue I shouldn't have, but that's just me. But now they are taking it way too far! Personally, I think it's because gaiaonline has become so newb friendly now that newbs have everything spoon fed to them as soon as they start. I remember when I started (heh heh..'back in my day' lolololololoz..man, I feel like a geezer O_o; ) my best friend had to show me around the place, and even then I still struggled because when you wanted to go to the shops, you had to go to the town map, and click on different areas you wanted to go, and even then all the shops were scattered about and you would have to muck about trying to find them. Now what happens as soon as you join? You get a free simple newb guide by Moira and free clothes!! o__O;;;;;

I'm not ranting that EVERYONE that has recently joined gaia is a free-loader, however. I know there are newbs that like to keep themselves to themselves. Just as long as they're not n00bs, I'm happy.

3nodding

...or maybe I should post this in the rant box. sweatdrop

NikiPaprika

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash