Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Word Games
PDQ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

O_o
  o_O
View Results

HarlequinGoddess

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:48 am
Plot

THM  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:29 am
Them.

QUN  

Seikiyuri

hippiepoet1964

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:19 am
quintet

AVO  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:52 am
alveolar.

syzygy is such a beautiful word. :/

JFM  

The Man who was Thursday

Dragn Breth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:22 pm
I don't think there is a word with JFM

let's try HSF  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:36 pm
Dragn Breth

let's try HSF

Fish.

Let's read what hippiepoet said again, yeah?

JFM  

The Man who was Thursday

sdfghjklsdfghjskldfghjkls

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:44 pm
hippiepoet1964
Malbeur
Intuicide
Mystikal?

MYK... I can't think of a single word.

I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a word that had MYK . . . I could pick another.

Folks anyone ever think to Google things, or look in the dictionary? It would help you learn words, and hey isn't that the purpose of these games...a learning experience for everyone. I notice folks who can't think of things just change the word or in this game the letters. Go searching. Get informed and learn something.

Kymogram is a word with kym...backwards of myk... also a Kymograph would have worked.

Any way since the letters were changed. I have RTS

How about Street (rts backwards)

NOS (that should be easy)
I looked through 2,858 dictionary.com "word-of-the-day" entries... I didn't think to google it, because I didn't think anything would turn up with something as vague as "myk."  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:52 pm
Intuicide
hippiepoet1964
Malbeur
Intuicide
Mystikal?

MYK... I can't think of a single word.

I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a word that had MYK . . . I could pick another.

Folks anyone ever think to Google things, or look in the dictionary? It would help you learn words, and hey isn't that the purpose of these games...a learning experience for everyone. I notice folks who can't think of things just change the word or in this game the letters. Go searching. Get informed and learn something.

Kymogram is a word with kym...backwards of myk... also a Kymograph would have worked.

Any way since the letters were changed. I have RTS

How about Street (rts backwards)

NOS (that should be easy)
I looked through 2,858 dictionary.com "word-of-the-day" entries... I didn't think to google it, because I didn't think anything would turn up with something as vague as "myk."

Merrymaker, moneymaker  

The Man who was Thursday

sdfghjklsdfghjskldfghjkls

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:03 pm
Okay, so I'm not as smart as you.
Why don't you rub my face in it?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:43 pm
Intuicide
Okay, so I'm not as smart as you.
Why don't you rub my face in it?

I'm not. I'm merely pointing out that such words do, in fact, exist, and you shouldn't just abandon a challenge because you can't overcome it immediately.  

The Man who was Thursday

The MoUsY spell-checker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:07 am
The Man who was Thursday
@ Mousy: Do they now? I always figured inflections merely changed grammatical function, not meaning! Huh!

Let me check... Yes, grammatical function, that's how you say it. I think you're right. Thanks for pointing that out. I admit that I'm not good at explaining things. sweatdrop

Let's continue the game:

Jeffersonianism

KCY

Dragn Breth

let's try HSF

I don't think it's fair that you get to post a new letter combination when you didn't find a word for the previous one. I suggest that new combinations should only be posted after a word is found for the previous one.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:46 am
Alright, is everyone happy now?

Yucky

EIClol@white text  

Dragn Breth

hippiepoet1964

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:19 am
The MoUsY spell-checker
The Man who was Thursday
@ Mousy: Do they now? I always figured inflections merely changed grammatical function, not meaning! Huh!

Let me check... Yes, grammatical function, that's how you say it. I think you're right. Thanks for pointing that out. I admit that I'm not good at explaining things. sweatdrop

Let's continue the game:

Jeffersonianism

KCY

Dragn Breth

let's try HSF

I don't think it's fair that you get to post a new letter combination when you didn't find a word for the previous one. I suggest that new combinations should only be posted after a word is found for the previous one.

Right on, Mousy Spell Checker. That JFM combo was stumping me last night around 2 am. *laughs*

EIC

Pieces

STL  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:50 am
Pieces doesn't contain *e*i*c* or *c*i*e*. I don't think you can change the order, according to the rules.

But it's not a difficult combo: science.

STL : Stall

BTR  

The Man who was Thursday

Word Games

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out