Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
I NEED YOUR OPINIONS ON THIS AS SOON AS YOU CAN! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Devils_lilboy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:42 pm
X Biomechanical_Angel X
So I am going to a prom (do not wry I am not turning prep.)with my fiance
But I need to know how should I style my hair, and makeup....I want to look sexy! I will show a pic of my face to help u visualize this as well as pics of my dress thats coming in the mail(I CANT WAIT! whee )

My FAce
User Image
and hair
User Image
User Image

DA DRESS!!!!
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

oh my god sexy... were you getting the dress from?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:46 pm
Devils_lilboy
X Biomechanical_Angel X
So I am going to a prom (do not wry I am not turning prep.)with my fiance
But I need to know how should I style my hair, and makeup....I want to look sexy! I will show a pic of my face to help u visualize this as well as pics of my dress thats coming in the mail(I CANT WAIT! whee )

My FAce
User Image
and hair
User Image
User Image

DA DRESS!!!!
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

oh my god sexy... were you getting the dress from?

The wounderful world of EBAY  

X Biomechanical_Angel X

nightwing773

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:50 pm
first of all, that is a fecking awesome dress.

second, for hair, take a roll brush and put a little shine spray on it, and roll it through your hair. then rub a little no frizz creme (lightly, not much, and a no weight kind, dove works well) into your hair, and the bruch again. roll the ends of you hair up so that they flip out and up. kind of like what u already had, but make is shiny and gorgeous with the shine spray and frizz creme, and brush it out perfect. biggrin

now for make up, go for shades of silver, bronze and a little black eyeliner.

# Apply eyeliner. Try black, on upper lash line, drawing line thicker in the middle of eye.

# Blend in color on bottom lashes. You can also apply a bit of shadow to get full smudge effect. Smudge it, but not too much mind.

# Apply light base color. Again, the key to a smoky eye is pairing a lighter base with the darker hue. I prefer a nice silver shade for my base. Sweep a light, shimmery shadow over the lids to your browbone.

# Blend in darker color, but keep dark color below the crease. Now that you have the base & eyeliner on, it's time to get the smoky effect. Bronze or copper would work best, metallic, not matte. Kepp in mind, it needs to be fairly dark. Using an eyeshadow brush blend in color starting at your lash line & blending up. Make sure to blend color into the lash line so the eye liner disappears. Stop deep color at crease.

# Doublecheck your work Make sure eyes match & blend color with a Q-tip if need be.

# Finish with several coats of volumizing mascara. Black, duh.

# well, if you feel you need it after blending, then add a light dust of silver powder.

should look somewhat like this maybe....

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

but more coppery/bronzey

don't mind the numbers.... sweatdrop

the lips, get a natural lip color, and go over with a light clear gloss. for longer lasting, just get the color 'natural' in lip liner, and put it on ur lips like you would with lipstick, and smear it, and go over with a light gloss.

hope it helps, and I hope you have an awesome time! post up some pics if you get any to see how your look turned out! biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:15 pm
nightwing773
first of all, that is a fecking awesome dress.

second, for hair, take a roll brush and put a little shine spray on it, and roll it through your hair. then rub a little no frizz creme (lightly, not much, and a no weight kind, dove works well) into your hair, and the bruch again. roll the ends of you hair up so that they flip out and up. kind of like what u already had, but make is shiny and gorgeous with the shine spray and frizz creme, and brush it out perfect. biggrin

now for make up, go for shades of silver, bronze and a little black eyeliner.

# Apply eyeliner. Try black, on upper lash line, drawing line thicker in the middle of eye.

# Blend in color on bottom lashes. You can also apply a bit of shadow to get full smudge effect. Smudge it, but not too much mind.

# Apply light base color. Again, the key to a smoky eye is pairing a lighter base with the darker hue. I prefer a nice silver shade for my base. Sweep a light, shimmery shadow over the lids to your browbone.

# Blend in darker color, but keep dark color below the crease. Now that you have the base & eyeliner on, it's time to get the smoky effect. Bronze or copper would work best, metallic, not matte. Kepp in mind, it needs to be fairly dark. Using an eyeshadow brush blend in color starting at your lash line & blending up. Make sure to blend color into the lash line so the eye liner disappears. Stop deep color at crease.

# Doublecheck your work Make sure eyes match & blend color with a Q-tip if need be.

# Finish with several coats of volumizing mascara. Black, duh.

# well, if you feel you need it after blending, then add a light dust of silver powder.

should look somewhat like this maybe....

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

but more coppery/bronzey

don't mind the numbers.... sweatdrop

the lips, get a natural lip color, and go over with a light clear gloss. for longer lasting, just get the color 'natural' in lip liner, and put it on ur lips like you would with lipstick, and smear it, and go over with a light gloss.

hope it helps, and I hope you have an awesome time! post up some pics if you get any to see how your look turned out! biggrin

thanks so much! I will post pics  

X Biomechanical_Angel X

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:27 pm
O.o
Will they let you wear that to prom?

*Not well versed in the ways of school regulations at a prom*  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:23 pm
IY_and_MCR
O.o

yea, they will .whats the diffrence between the other strapless low cut gowns?  

X Biomechanical_Angel X

Mz.Wiggles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:28 pm
X Biomechanical_Angel X
IY_and_MCR
O.o

There isn't.
Your dress will attrack more attention.
I wouldn't be surprised if they did say something.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:36 pm
Mz.Wiggles
X Biomechanical_Angel X
IY_and_MCR
O.o

There isn't.
Your dress will attrack more attention.
I wouldn't be surprised if they did say something.

Thank you  

X Biomechanical_Angel X

X Biomechanical_Angel X

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:12 pm
So I realy dont have that much opinions do I..... gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:24 pm
More opinion required?
I'd thought this enough
For do we not say all
All as one
"Wear it simple,
"Not too tough?"

With hair past the shoulder,
wear it straight,
wear it rough.
With hair inches shorter,
...well...
yours is colored,
same applies.

And no one is watching your hair,
dear,
but the dress.
You'll be lost
in the shine
of the black skintight
you wear
unless
unless
you let down some long hair,
but regardless the dress
the dress steals the show,
and there's nothing to do
but as best can with it go.

ArynChris

silverhope2001

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:24 pm
The dress is gorgeous. You're already a beautiful looking woman so whatever you decide to do with your makeup will only enhance it.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:30 pm
It does look quite good, I'll admit that smile
but unless you really are trying to draw a lot of attention to yourself, I would suggest mixing a few "normal" items with your wardrobe... I think a really good look would be the gas mask (until you are getting intimate with someone...), some long combat boots, and a white dress; a silver pendant (either cross, pentagram, or pentacle) would even further compliment it 3nodding  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

DMSeraphim

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:34 pm
X Biomechanical_Angel X
DMSeraphim
DarkPrincesa
With that dress? No one will notice your hair... (wipes drool off keyboard) You will be the gothic belle of the ball!!

D00D! No kidding! Seriously you can do whatever the feck you want, I am certain you can get away with it! Do take pictures and post them after though!

What are you wearing for shoes?

These babys.....they go up to my knee
User Image

I would wear these but I think its to much...I dont know whatever u think is better
User Image
User Image

Go with the lacies. The plated boots would be awexome sauce, but for the dress in particular the laces look about as good as it gets. Love your style!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:07 pm
i love your hair just the way it is. add a little gel or hair spray to "mess" it up a bit & you'll b good to go! good luck, i can't wait to see the pics!  

bansheemourning

[-Alluring Enchantress-]

3,900 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:44 pm
*Gasp* I adore that dress.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff