Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Is there anyone here NOT christian> o_O; Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArynChris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:01 pm
miraridemon
Proud Christian. I really don't care what you are, though. Even if you are an infidel.

rofl Oh, but to hear the word "infidel"
for my friends learn the togue of Arabs.
But enough of that.

DR49ON
oh, and my gods actually care about their people and will actually have conversations with and directly help us, so that's a plus.

Oh? For true?
Does my Lord not speak to me?
For whom do I seek
in need of guidance,
whom do I seek
in need of love?

I seek my Lord in my heart,
His Spirit within me,
to lead me in all of His ways.

Though folk stray from His path
and twist all of his words
is it not the devil who leads them so?
Did not the serpent ever lead to sin?
Oh, watchful for forked tongues
must ever the Christian be,
nor Jew,
nor Muslim,
for one sees where they lead.

Remember the teachings
and how long in time they were
and how a message oft passed
is not the same
afterwards.
Remember the Lord
the sacrifice of Son
the gift of the Spirit
that with God's way makes us one,
and remember forever,
no matter days what may pass,
that this love leaves us never
and some concepts ever last.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:46 pm
If I had to classify my beliefs I could say I am New Age, even if you can classify that as a religion. Kinda a Buddist/Protestant blah blah blah. Organized religion is one of my biggest pet peeves.  

DMSeraphim

bansheemourning

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:32 pm
PLEASE READ THIS ONE:

I was born & RAISED a celt. I don't like to use the words Wiccan or Pagan for the simple fact that it conjures up pictures of preconcieved (& usually untrue) ideas. If you say Celt, they are intrigueed & readily ask "what is that?". I have in my mid-twenties tried the "christian lifestyle", & found it condescending & hippocratic. Many of my friends are christian, but I also have Jewish, Pagan, Islamic, Buddhist, & Atheist friends. I have 8 children, & I tell them it's not WHAT you believe, just That you believe, & most importantly in yourself. No matter what religion, or anti-rligion you claim, we all fall under one simple rule...Treat others the way you want to be treated. Everything else will fall in place.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:37 pm
bansheemourning
PLEASE READ THIS ONE:

I was born & RAISED a celt. I don't like to use the words Wiccan or Pagan for the simple fact that it conjures up pictures of preconcieved (& usually untrue) ideas. If you say Celt, they are intrigueed & readily ask "what is that?". I have in my mid-twenties tried the "christian lifestyle", & found it condescending & hippocratic. Many of my friends are christian, but I also have Jewish, Pagan, Islamic, Buddhist, & Atheist friends. I have 8 children, & I tell them it's not WHAT you believe, just That you believe, & most importantly in yourself. No matter what religion, or anti-rligion you claim, we all fall under one simple rule...Treat others the way you want to be treated. Everything else will fall in place.

As I agree with a particularly funny South Park episode that was on a few weeks ago:
removing religion will not remove mankind's predestined hatred for each other User Image  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

xXx Bisque xXx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:50 pm
I'm not christian and I don't believe in the christian god, or any god for that matter. I'm not part of an organized religion, but that doesn't mean I don't have beliefs. I don't believe in heaven or hell. I don't believe our lives are preplanned or destined, but I do believe in luck and chance. I don't believe in a god mainly because I don't need to. I don't need a god. My life is going fine and it's all thanx to me not some higher power looking out for me. You can believe in what ever you want, but you should never NEVER push it on other people even if you think you're the "right" religion. You need to have respect and understand that other people have their own beliefs even if you think they are wrong. Just because you believe in something doesn't make it true, but it doesn't make it wrong either. They're just beliefs and for some people that makes them strong.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:58 pm
I... don't have a religion.

No matter how many times I tell my dad that, he still tries to stuff the Catholic Bible down my throat. (excuse the offenses-ness)  

[TL]

infektionxx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:28 am
I was raised a christian and went to sabbath school when I was little (can you believe I wore frilly white socks?!? burning_eyes ). I go to a christian school now but I don't believe any of it. I'm not a christian, and was looking into Wicca and Paganism etc a while back, but my teachers and parents were all "worried" about my choices etc. I've just found it easier to forget out it.
The whole concept of christians and christianity (sorry, I'm generalizing) just bugs the hell out of me!! We have devotion every morning at my school, plus 2 periods of Bible (studying the bible) plus a 2 period worship/assembely thing. It just makes me roll my eyes. We also have this thing called Chapel (which is like yearly worship thingie) and we all sing songs and have crappy plays and crap. I never stand up for the songs (yep, they make us all stand up and sing!!).
They think everyone at the school are christians (or should be) and generalize classes to tie EVERYTHING in with the bible. Half the school aren't even christians!!
Thanks for the rant lol heart blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:56 am
Darkness Is My Life's Blood

*re reads the entire topic* Hmm..no reason to flame...If someone flames you for this its out of ignorance, I may be a christian, but I know the difference between an accepting one, and those "that hate all that differ" it decides not on religion, but on the person itself.

Light Is My Deaths Curse

Dante Omura

TheWitchGotRobin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:22 am
I'm not exactly clear on what it is about Christianity that you hate.

I will say that Christianity wasn't meant to be what a lot of people have turned it into today. God is suppose to be love, apparently, and as far as I know the Bible never says in any chapter to hate anyone. It's their sin God doesn't like, not the sinner. And yet all these so called Christians ignore that and use the religion as a scapegoat for their hateful and violent actions, and it disgusts me. Even though I consider myself a Christian, I feel ashamed to be associated with such hateful and violent people. I'm not perfect, no one is, but I could never sink to the level of wanting to hurt someone physically or mentally for what they believe in, and I surely wouldn't be such a coward as to justify such things with my religion. I know there's others who would agree with me, but it seems like we're out numbered and that's just down right scary.

I could go on about a million other things about this subject, but I think I'll step down from my soap box for now, because it would take too long.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:33 am
"Religion is the opiate of the masses." ~Karl Marx

pip, pip. It's like Ghandi once said "I like your Christ, I don't like your Christians."  

Silly_Doll

cottoned cooter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:16 am
catholic b***h!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:40 am
NikiPaprika
Now, this has got to be one of my most offensive posts I have ever made, and even then I'm such a wuss I am going to apologize in advance for I hate not getting along with others, and since I have always been a good little girl on gaia I've not once been flamed nor do I wish to be flamed.

sweatdrop

Now, here's my little rant. n__n;

I have noticed that a majority of people in this guild are christian. Hey, no skin off my back, I don't care what people believe in. There are all different kinds of religion out there. BUT, it's strange how many people in this guild have been very agitated with the fact that people relate goth to satanism, and every one gets on their high horse about that link because they are christians, but other christians (i.e. the whole 'God hates goth', 'parents against goths!' thing) are against them.

I have noticed since I have gotten older that I am beginning to hate christianity more and more, and I can't deny it. I try to be open minded and civil towards the whole concept of christianity, but I have always instinctively and naturally always turned my back against it, and it is the only religion (asides Islam...i think...) that makes me really want to spit. I'm quite a relaxed person, but even the thought of God makes me tense put and throw out a fist (which usually ends in my best friends face by accident o_O; ). I have no idea why I do, although I think it must come from the nurture of my father. Even though my mum and dad separated when I was young, I have always been closer to my dad (although I live with my mum), and my dad is not a satanist, but is, however, obsessed with anything to do with the devil. He will have ANYTHING with SATAN or DEVIL labelled on it. I am probably 90% like my dad (the 10% being I'm a girl xD) and I dunno...maybe that's got something to do with it, because I to am in love anything dark and involves satan.

Blah, I happen to be rambling again. Anyways, yes. I have always felt like an anti-christ. I have tried to say I'm an athiest, but I just cannot deny that feeling of pure demonic hatred I have whenever God is mentioned. If I were truly an atheist, it wouldn't bother me. So I don't know myself why it bothers me so.

Another ingredient to it could be that I come from Scotland. You see, I have heard so many stories out in america. Freedom of speech? Where the ******** did that go if you're not christian?? If you're a jew out in america, boy are you in trouble! Even bisexuals are too scared to come out because all of their family is christian. And these are all stories I've been told by friends. Over in Scotland, even in school, we have a multicultural policy. It is mainly to tackle any racism that happens within school, but it also means that people get their own veiw and beliefs without people preaching about God every sunday to them. Since I always have grown up in the open-minded multicultural environment, I certainly have developed my own beliefs, and hell, even the other day our English teacher asked randomly 'Who believes in god?' and there were only one or two who put their hands up. She then asked 'Why is that?' and many people replied that it was because they were either unsure or just did not believe in it at all. Does anybody give a monkey's backside out here? Nope. None. Christian, Jew, Atheist, whatever. In scotland, there is NO ONE better than the other.

Anyways, getting to the point (if anyone has actually bothered to read thus far), I wanted to know if there were others who possibly felt the same way, the whole feeling of being an Anti-christ outcast, or if I am truly just a very sad strange ginger lesbian with no life than to share problems with others across the pond. gonk

Oh, and FYI, before I get shouted at, I do not mean I hate CHRISTIANS becuase I am friends with a couple. I just don't like Christianity.

-gasps for breath-[/rant]

I am atheist... I create my own god.  

Devils_lilboy

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:04 am
Pretty much anyone who denies Christ is an anti-Christ.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

A bit of information that most people don't know.

All this "the" anti-Christ business is malarkey.

Anywho, I'm a proud Christian.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:05 pm
[Clockface]
Don't worry. No one's going to flame you. whee

I have one question though. Is there, like, anything specific about it that makes you hate Christianity?

Other stuffs:

A.) The "God Hates Goths" things are fake. They're satire.

B.) It agitates me when people automatically relate Goth to Satanism because being Goth has nothing to do with religion in the first place. I'd like to be able to listen to my music, and openly admit that I can be considered Goth without someone telling me that I worship Satan, when I'm Catholic. (Which is odd, though. Isn't it true that Satanism has nothing to do with Satan at all?)

C.) Any Christian who tells you that you're going to hell is an idiot. Apparently they missed the basic teaching of, "Only God can judge." Honestly, they're best to be ignored, in my opinion.

D.) They're also just stories that you've heard. I'm not saying that they're lying; some people are like that, but it's not like our whole country is "LOL PEACE B WIT U!!!1" Actually, the majority of teenagers are either Atheist, Agnostic, or Satanist.

Ah, well that's good. xD

A.) That does not offend me at all. Like I said, in Scotland, there is nothing like that at all, actually. n_n

B.)It agitates me too, however. I do truly despise any poor innocent goth/emo walking around minding their own business when someone slaps the 'satanist' label on them. gonk Especially sucks when you're a catholic! And yeah, there are actually two main types of satanists: One who follows and believes in satan, and one who doesn't. xD

C.)Yeah, I already blocked them out with my empty, hollow head. xD

D.)I know I know, but it is quite the contrary, especially seeing how I've already skimmed through a couple of posts, and some saying that they are the same, the usual 'going to hell for being bi/gay' thing. Dx

But that's a good question, although I am still unsure of it. It's like something compells me strongly to rebel against God's wishes. I know people can say that sounds so childish, but I'm actually a really well behaved child at most times. gonk Honest!

NikiPaprika

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

NikiPaprika

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:14 pm
britaki
I'm not exactly clear on what it is about Christianity that you hate.

I will say that Christianity wasn't meant to be what a lot of people have turned it into today. God is suppose to be love, apparently, and as far as I know the Bible never says in any chapter to hate anyone. It's their sin God doesn't like, not the sinner. And yet all these so called Christians ignore that and use the religion as a scapegoat for their hateful and violent actions, and it disgusts me. Even though I consider myself a Christian, I feel ashamed to be associated with such hateful and violent people. I'm not perfect, no one is, but I could never sink to the level of wanting to hurt someone physically or mentally for what they believe in, and I surely wouldn't be such a coward as to justify such things with my religion. I know there's others who would agree with me, but it seems like we're out numbered and that's just down right scary.

I could go on about a million other things about this subject, but I think I'll step down from my soap box for now, because it would take too long.

Ah hah! I think you just hit one point of why I despise christianity, although it's not the WHOLE and COMPLETE reason, but one of them is the christian followers who just make me ******** sick. The ones that went out and slaughtered the Jews, the fact that the current Pope also helped hitler in the world war and that some christians have the downright rudeness to go to other countries and spread the word about their religion.

Dx

Although there are many possible elements. I think it's because as a believer in reincarnation (yeah yeah, I bet you all think I'm WAY away with the fairies now, huh?) I have had previous past lives that may have been related to a death because of christians burning what they believed were humans who could perform witchcraft. As a red head, I am rather offended at the fact that they used to slaughter many red haired woman because they saw red as the symbolism of the devil. gonk

But I suppose all that is in the past and you can't change it now. But those are, like I explained earlier, just a few elements as to many why I despise christianity, and even then, some elements are STILL unknown to me.

o_O;

but I understand what you mean, and I am glad that even you as an individual are aware of what has happened with the assholes that decide to decapitate helpless innocent people because they believe in a different god, and know that this is completely unacceptable. n_n

It's christians like you whom I really like. n_n

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces