Welcome to Gaia! ::

The 'Read only manga' guild: Open to all who love manga!

Back to Guilds

The Best manga guild...ever. 

Tags: Manga 

Reply The 'Read only manga' guild.
Naruto=Overated Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kamen_R

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:54 pm
A[S]Oversoul
I agree... It's getting really old now. Granted, I'm still going to finish reading the manga, but it's gotten extremely boring now.

Maybe you should skip the manga and continue on Shipudden story...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:13 am
I tried to read it and watch the anime. I can't watch the english ones. I don't like dubs to begin with but that one just seems to annoy me more than all the others. I made it for a while but I just lost interest in it when it just kept going on and on and on. I think there are much better things out there that Jump produces.  

FireAngel1987

Gaara_E_emily

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:38 pm
A[S]Oversoul
I agree... It's getting really old now. Granted, I'm still going to finish reading the manga, but it's gotten extremely boring now.

It kinda is but now its reaaaaally interesting cause of pein and everything.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:47 pm
Gaara_E_emily
A[S]Oversoul

It kinda is but now its reaaaaally interesting cause of pein and everything.

I read the manga online... -.- And Pein is slightly interesting. I think Konan is much cooler than him power wise though... <.<  

A[S]Oversoul

Gaara_E_emily

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:51 am
ummmmmmmmmmm....... whos konan again? Its sounds very familiar. only in one piece though.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:54 pm
has anyone else noticed that the story just drags on and on... i found i had to push myself to even read more of it after a while...  

polish_babz

Exrael

Dragonslayer

19,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:27 pm
*sigh* It seems like the fad nowadays to suddenly "hate" series for their popularity. I don't think the Naruto artist creates very excellent manga, since the only part that got me emotionally throughout the whole dang thing was when the rice cracker people were dead in Sasuke's old village town clan thing. :\

There were redeemable parts, though, and the series is not extremely bad, but it is very much overrated, considering most self-proclaimed anime/manga fans do not broaden their horizons enough to see the real masterpieces of manga. I respect it as a series (except for the teeth-grinding fact that the lazy-a** author uses frikkin' COMPUTER MODELS to make his pages - UGLY and INFURIATING), however it really does not deserve all the hype it gets.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:25 pm
the only reason i liked naruto was because of teh pervy sage...
then they... crying they...killed him! crying crying crying  

TheMast3r472

GrimAzrael

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:43 pm
Exrael
*sigh* It seems like the fad nowadays to suddenly "hate" series for their popularity. I don't think the Naruto artist creates very excellent manga, since the only part that got me emotionally throughout the whole dang thing was when the rice cracker people were dead in Sasuke's old village town clan thing. :

There were redeemable parts, though, and the series is not extremely bad, but it is very much overrated, considering most self-proclaimed anime/manga fans do not broaden their horizons enough to see the real masterpieces of manga. I respect it as a series (except for the teeth-grinding fact that the lazy-a** author uses frikkin' COMPUTER MODELS to make his pages - UGLY and INFURIATING), however it really does not deserve all the hype it gets.

Don't diss the computer models! It's what the author of Gantz uses, and that's an absolutely amazing series! Naruto seemed to redeem itself when the 8 tails came along (he's a rapper!), but then absoutely plummeted again with almost all of the latest arc. The bit that almost put me off the series though, was Hinata's "selfless" action (I'm not one for parings but seriously NaruXHina should have even less chance of happening now, I really dislike Hinata >_>). Since Shikamaru's badassery the series has honestly gone downhill, but it was an alright series to begin with, so let's try and remember the good bits! ninja  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:14 pm
naruto is getting overrated. the storyline was pretty good and i was anticipating good stuff, but it all got a little grade down with the akatsuki storyline.  

CapedNinja

kristyn013

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:16 pm
Epitome of Chaos
Darks_sister
Yeah, it has become quite overrated.
But what can you do? It was doomed from the start.

And no, I didn't have the pleasure of watching that commercial.
Though I hear it's really bad. xD

lucky you, i saw the commercial and couldn't stop thinking about how T.V. commercials ruin anime, (and its not just naruto, almost all anime commercials for toys or other meaningless things are just stupid)

domokun it makes me mad domokun

ya i agree!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:32 am
I mean I used to like Naruto too, but you guys are right. It's getting old.  

Ghost Wolf15

Dapper Werewolf

6,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Historical

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:03 pm
Naruto has been slowing down a bit, but I don't think it's getting old at all.
I liked Naruto before it became insanely popular with 8 year old kids.
I do agree that the anime and things have become commercialized, but to me the manga is as good as it's ever been.
Of course you want it to be exciting and hold your attention every chapter, but you're honestly not going to find a long running manga that doesn't get a little boring at times.
Kishimoto is a top-notch mangaka for being able to pull off all of the explenations, storylines, and even the fight scenes of Naruto.
Honestly how many mangas have you seen when someone that's not the main character single-handedly defeats a genuine immortal?
Naruto was my first love for manga and it may be a biased opinion but to me when you consider the storyline and detailed characters that have all shown growth throughout the series, ignoring the fan base, it's easily one of the top 10 manga that are being released by Jump.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:41 pm
It's an awkard manga, actually. The style is meant for a younger crowd (with the random fights that go on for long periods of time and happen one after another, combined with a simple plot and clear "good verses bad") but the characters are now a bit old, and Masashi Kishimoto keeps trying to add in spychological twists and gray areas. I don't feel he takes it far enough, though, and the result is sort of a "not here, not there" kind of thing.

[edit]
redface I have a Zabuza sword. It makes cool noises, although I didn't actually buy it so I don't feel quite so bad. ^__^;;  

Basil-tofu

Hygienic Gekko

Historical

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:12 pm
Weird enough, I kinda agree with you there.
He most likely doesn't get to into explaining things enough because he knows most of his audience is of a much younger age and would get bored.

In essence though, the rest of what you said is just how typical Jump manga is.
It's not like Naruto is the first to ever do things like this.

The 'Read only manga' guild.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff