Yes, nearly to everyone.
  Yes, sometimes.
  No, not really.
  Are you crazy?! Burn thy witch!!!
View Results

Silly_Doll

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:37 am
Well, yes it is pretty over-used.
My echange student friends have told me that Americans throw the world "love" around way too much. "I LOOOOVE pie!" "I loooove the rain!" etc. But I feel that we have established different meanings for the word love. You can love pie, and you can love your cat. You can love your grandma and you can love your erm... signifigant other. You love them all, just with different levels of intensity. We just use the word "love" instead of "really like" as a means to express how we really REALLY like something.

Because, I'll tell you right here... I do LOVE pie and my kitty. But I love one more than the other. ^^;;

And yes, I'd rather have my kitty than my pie... so someone else can have pie! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:21 am
'I love you' has nearly become a meaningless phrase with it getting thrown around all the time. Me personally I refuse to say I love you to anyone more that once a week or just plain say it to describe how much I like something I don't use i love (the object or food). Just gotta think of something to say instead of 'I love you' that will hold the same meaning to other people...

I hate seeing people running around throwing out 'I love you' every two seconds I just think you can't possible love that much...  

The Toolness

Aubrey of the sliver line

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:57 am
I don't know about anyone but i say it only to one person. She is the most wonderful girl in the world!!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:18 am
Very strong words, in terms of family, it can't be over used, however, its these people wondering around at 13 claiming to have found their soulmate and love them more then anything, that bothers me.

I'm not saying you can't be in love at that age, just your not experienced enough to recognize when the true love happens and the infatuation does, thats when we get to the slippery territory of over half my life issues sub-forum in another guild... but thats another story. -_- ...So yea, in terms of how its applied by a large portion of people, it is over used and in fact wrongly used a large percentage of the time.

You all get what I mean... I hope.  

Rellik San
Crew

tamachan414

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:09 am
Rellik San
Very strong words, in terms of family, it can't be over used, however, its these people wondering around at 13 claiming to have found their soulmate and love them more then anything, that bothers me.

I'm not saying you can't be in love at that age, just your not experienced enough to recognize when the true love happens and the infatuation does, thats when we get to the slippery territory of over half my life issues sub-forum in another guild... but thats another story. -_- ...So yea, in terms of how its applied by a large portion of people, it is over used and in fact wrongly used a large percentage of the time.

You all get what I mean... I hope.

i hate those kinds of people, well i don't really hate, i don't hate anyone, i'm just strongly against them. i have a friend who's like that. and he's 15 and currently looking for a wife. and he thinks that he's been in love several times, all with people over the internet. i'm sorry but that just pisses me off to the extreme sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:05 am
I definitely believe that the phrase is overused...
I mean, it's pretty much lost the meaning that it once held... People say it all the time, but how many people truly mean it?
People use it when they are being sarcastic, deceitful, and manipulative.

Sure, there are people out there who only use it when they mean it, but that number is fairly small. I myself hardly ever use it, and as much as I would like to consider myself as one of the people who always mean it, I find myself saying it when its expected... But it wasn't until recently that I even started saying it (I used to have serious trust issues).

Well it seems I've finished my small rant... stare  

Jagyl

Fashionable Prophet

7,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

A Dark Knight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:34 am
i think love comes in many forms, its not just "do you love someone or not?" as i like to say, love is far too complicated to be a 4 letter word. unfortunatley the phrase "i love you" is the only one that covers them all.
you can be deeply and passionately in love with someone. it can be said to your family, whether you really mean it to your parents, sibilings, and grandparents, or someone else who is like one, or to be polite do your more distant aunts, uncles, step-whatevers, lol or siblings. you can say it to someone close to you that you really appreciate, or feel deep gratitude for. theres of course infatuation, obsession, envy, lust, and lots more.
even though some are meant to be more meaningful than others, i think that all of them have some meaning behind them. even if it seems there is no true love behind it at the moment, something made you say it, what else would it be except your love for them.

i myself love many people and things really. parents, friends, pets, grandparents, chocolate, my guitar, home, and such. and someone that i think might be what everyone thinks of love as or similar. i dont feel its overused. i say it to alot of people everyday, and i mean it to everyone of them. i admit sometimes i do say it just because they've said it first, and dont really think about it. but sometimes when i say it, i think to myself about why i love them and how much i appreciate them being there for me.

ok i guess i'll shut up now  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:42 pm
I say it, but only when I really mean it. I figure there's nothing wrong with using a line that's overused, as long as people know it isn't overused by you.  

Veruniel
Crew

xXx Bisque xXx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:38 pm
It can be overused so I only say it when I really mean it. Basically I only say it to my dad, mom and bofriend of two years. That's it.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:22 pm
I use it very rarely. Then it the ones I say it to know I truely mean it.  

ChyaneLlree

x_Yui Tsukioka_x

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:44 pm
The phrase "I love you" should only be used when you really mean it. I guess after I hear it all the time and I know when people don't mean it. It just kills it for me. So yeah I think it's overused. confused  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:21 pm
To me it's the people with little life experience going around saying "I love you," that overuse the word.

"I love you," is the strongest phrase in my book. They are the words that I long to hear. It is the phrase that has the ability to both save and destroy me. It's the one phrase that can lift the soul beyond all measurable heights. It's also a phrase that I'm afraid to say. So I only use it when I absolutley believe in those words.

Laharl Part Deux

Draydrigo

Practical Archenemy

14,275 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Squash Stomper 75
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:12 pm
"I love you" is over used, especially in the U.S.I rarely say "I love you." It's always a lie when I do, though. The people I love know I love them and don't demand that I say so in words.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:56 pm
It is over-used, but not by me! I never say it unless I mean it, and boy do I mean it right now. I love my boyfriend, I really do, and I don't even thinkg "I love you" is enough . . . I'm lost for words.  

Freedom Fire

ketchakik

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:40 pm
Freedom Fire
It is over-used, but not by me! I never say it unless I mean it, and boy do I mean it right now. I love my boyfriend, I really do, and I don't even thinkg "I love you" is enough . . . I'm lost for words.

you can alway put qulifiers on it..
you could say something like "i lvoe you with everyfiber of my being' like i used to tell my ex  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff