Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
The Goddamn Irony. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Text fonts and the like.
  Yes.
  If I wanted to see colours like that, I'd go watch a sweet factory explode.
View Results

MadnessFreak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:33 am
Glad to see somebody agrees with me that yellow/green text, and text like this is rediculous.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:36 pm
*head explodes*

It isn't really that bad if it's normal size and a darker color, but text like this really, really bothers me.  

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

applecyder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:27 am
I can deal with tiny font but only up to a certain extent.
I give the people who write in white font the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they're just shy/guilty about writing that post.

However, yellow font blinds me! gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:04 pm
Ahh. Conformity.  

MadnessFreak

KadajNu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:43 pm
I hate it when people post in pastel colors. It's so hard to read! Mabye if the background was black it would be okay, but it just doesn't work on a white background. I also hate it when people post in little tiny letters.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:13 pm
I don't mind text that is a bit smaller, and some different colors are fine, but cyan and yellow do become a hassle to read.

Note: For future refernce, it's spelled 'Ridiculous', not 'Rediculous'. It's a common mistake though, so don't fret. =P  

Cintax Error

MadnessFreak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:50 am
Bleh. I blame my upbringing.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:10 am
You know what also bugs me, here on Gaia and anywhere else?

HUUUGE signatures, especially blinking ones that just SCREAM at your eye to look at it. Why?? gonk

ljosberinn

[Spellcheck]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:40 am
While we're on the topic of annoying, the one thing that drives me insane is massive page stretching. Especially when some idiot comes into a good thread and makes it impossible to read. And as for the text, I agree that only lighter colors are annoying.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:45 am
Shoot, do you mean the color I use? I thought it was readable enough, and it's not that tiny.
I agree with the giant siggies and the page stretching. Annoying.
But you know what's worse? People who start threads that has a rule that says "no page stretching" and their first post stretches the page. Damn hypocrites.

Kiwee

[Spellcheck]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:53 am
Your color is readable. Mine might not be, but I can't say it bothers me if people can't read my posts. Most of the things I say are pointless anyways.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:46 am
I always try to make my posts bold and dark so it's easier for everyone else to read. I do that on every message board I go to.  

[Psychotic.Ballerina]

Dreaming in the Theatre

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:12 pm
MadnessFreak
It's worst here. People go out of their way to make perfect posts with proper grammar, punctuation, context and the like.

Then the make their text bright pink/yellow/green, add some strikethroughs and italics, then make it rediculously small.

This, in my opinion, is worse than txt-tlk, I'm going to go get some blind glasses now.

What do you think of this rediculous text-mutilation?

Actually, while I'm quite against bright text--I prefer using dark red myself--I'm not against font style changes or effects. Sometimes, unless we do stress a word with italics or bolding, we might not get the point across, or might even seem rude and sarcastic.

I like strikethroughs because I usually only use it to cross out an earlier statement which could've lead to a joke, but isn't what I would want to say.

And personally, I don't like the standard text size on this site, so I do make it smaller.

I suppose the only thing I'm really against is bright text, unless you're sending letters or something and want to send the colors of the rainbow. In which case, I really do question what you do in your free time.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:15 pm
ljosberinn
You know what also bugs me, here on Gaia and anywhere else?

HUUUGE signatures, especially blinking ones that just SCREAM at your eye to look at it. Why?? gonk

-nods- They make me twitch, is all I have to say.  

Dreaming in the Theatre

MadnessFreak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:32 am
Let me guess, you're giving me very subtle hints in which you hate my 500x450 sig?  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff