Awwwwww Baby Goths Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[TL]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:03 am
Hmmmm.

I wish I was old enough to have a family!

I would just dress my child, then gradually ask them what they want to wear until they can shop for themselves.

Of course, if they take after me, they'll just want me to buy a PWNsome lolita dress. Or jeans and tank top.

Lol. I'm lazy.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:18 am
I found this picture on a friend's blog the other day...
Apparently she made it herself, for an as-of-yet unborn child.
User Image
I think it's completely adorable.  

Lord Charlemain Richards

Thirteenth Lover

12,825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200

DeathIsInLoveWithMe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:03 am
I find baby-goths really cute whee however, as the child grows up, it should be allowed to decide more and more what it wants to wear 3nodding

I don't think what you wear as a baby/small kid affects you all that much stare  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:25 am
in my opinion, if you start raising a kid like that and its not their decision, they could have some problems later on... but i dont know...  

0-X-Yours_Truly-X-0

Toxic.GummyBear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:41 am
theres baby apparel  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:03 pm
Rellik San
Well my point isn't with kids, who like to dress up and try different things, its with babies, and the very young.

How young are we talking? Most kids have started forming their own opinions by the time they're a shade under three. I figure there's no harm in dressing up someone that age if they like it, and kids who are younger than that won't really care what they're wearing.

I do agree, though, that it's not good to push gothdom on a kid or make them feel like the have to dress the way their parents do.  

Veruniel
Crew

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:45 pm
GilAskan
Parents should not bring up a child nuetral. A parent is a person who raises their child the way that they believe will be best for the child. If you're going to raise a child truly "neutral", then you have to tell them that everything is equal. It's not. Being a nazi is not an equal alternative to being a republican or democrat. Being a child molester is not an equal alternative to not.

If a parent thinks that raising their child as a goth is the best thing for the child, the parent should. It's that simple.

I was raised neutrally myself. Brought to understand everything has a flip side, I'm not saying avoid right and wrong teachings to kids. But the fact is they should be allowed to form their own identity, I was taught all religeons and when old enough allowed to make my own choice, I've been allowed to make my own choices since I was 5, and though some were indeed wrong choices, it remains that I learnt who I was and what I was comfortable with. It meant peer pressure had virtually no effect on me, I learnt the value of things, it made me mature faster whilst still being allowed to do the childish things a kid likes to do. To bring a child up how you want them to be is selfish, I'm not saying don't encourage them to be like you. But don't punish them for being different.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:49 pm
Veruniel
Rellik San
Well my point isn't with kids, who like to dress up and try different things, its with babies, and the very young.

How young are we talking? Most kids have started forming their own opinions by the time they're a shade under three. I figure there's no harm in dressing up someone that age if they like it, and kids who are younger than that won't really care what they're wearing.

I do agree, though, that it's not good to push gothdom on a kid or make them feel like the have to dress the way their parents do.

Well the thing is, you dress them neutrally they dress that way more and feel more comfortable developing a personal style, I'm not talking about incredibly young kids here. but about 2 - 3 year olds when they are starting to form identity. Also, its an acceptance thing, I was a goth by choice in school, in the end my school life was so traumatic I had to be removed and put into home education, it was my choice to be that way and I don't regret it. But forcing goth on a kid can mean they are bullied and beaten up for something they have little say in.  

Rellik San
Crew

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:39 pm
Rellik San
GilAskan
Parents should not bring up a child nuetral. A parent is a person who raises their child the way that they believe will be best for the child. If you're going to raise a child truly "neutral", then you have to tell them that everything is equal. It's not. Being a nazi is not an equal alternative to being a republican or democrat. Being a child molester is not an equal alternative to not.

If a parent thinks that raising their child as a goth is the best thing for the child, the parent should. It's that simple.

I was raised neutrally myself. Brought to understand everything has a flip side, I'm not saying avoid right and wrong teachings to kids. But the fact is they should be allowed to form their own identity, I was taught all religeons and when old enough allowed to make my own choice, I've been allowed to make my own choices since I was 5, and though some were indeed wrong choices, it remains that I learnt who I was and what I was comfortable with. It meant peer pressure had virtually no effect on me, I learnt the value of things, it made me mature faster whilst still being allowed to do the childish things a kid likes to do. To bring a child up how you want them to be is selfish, I'm not saying don't encourage them to be like you. But don't punish them for being different.

I understand what you mean. I'd like to point out that I wasn't saying "Parents: make your kids clones of you, punish them for straying from your wishes". My point was that a parent's job is to raise a child in the way they deem to be best.

Your parents for example decided that it was best to raise you neutrally. And that's fine. That was their decision as your parents.

And in response to your statement of "To bring a child up how you want them to be is selfish", I say this: It is selfish, but that does not make it wrong. It is selfish that I want my child to succeed. It is selfish that I want my child to be compassionate and caring, and intelligent. But my selfishness is not wrong. And likewise, it was selfish of your parents to decide to raise you neutrally. But that selfishness was not wrong either.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:38 pm
I just recently had a daughter and I simply put her in whatever clothed I feel like putting her in. I don't really intend her clothing to be goth or anything else. We do have some band clothes... and I went and made a black shirt with a quote Ren and Stimpy on it... but I figure she'll be able to make her own decisions soon enough.  

gothkid82

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:26 am
GilAskan
Rellik San
GilAskan

I understand what you mean. I'd like to point out that I wasn't saying "Parents: make your kids clones of you, punish them for straying from your wishes". My point was that a parent's job is to raise a child in the way they deem to be best.

Your parents for example decided that it was best to raise you neutrally. And that's fine. That was their decision as your parents.

And in response to your statement of "To bring a child up how you want them to be is selfish", I say this: It is selfish, but that does not make it wrong. It is selfish that I want my child to succeed. It is selfish that I want my child to be compassionate and caring, and intelligent. But my selfishness is not wrong. And likewise, it was selfish of your parents to decide to raise you neutrally. But that selfishness was not wrong either.

I'm not saying it is wrong to bring your child up how you want. But I wouldn't like to put those kinds of pressures on my child, I'd show support in what they did if needed and disapproval where needed. I guess we both would be different parents because of our different upbringings. Your going off your experience and I follow on with my own. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:18 am
In the basis of child rearing I think you should be far more concerned with the way you raise the child rather than the way you dress him/her, and teach it that if kids make fun of you it's their (the bully's) problem, not the child's.

Kids love to play dress up, a friend of mine had a young sibling that used to love to imitate me and would demand to be dressed in her halloween witch outfit in the middle of March to school if she knew I was going to come round (o.O), there's nothing wrong with giving your child a few gothy themed outfits but then letting them choose what to wear. And if they pick the black over the pink, I don't think there's very much wrong with that either xd  

Isobel Bellamy

Evil-Olive

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:02 pm
I dunno.
I think baby goths are cute, but once they grow up, they should be able to dress how they like.
Clothing is expression of one’s self, and if they can't express that, who knows how they'd grow up.
But parents should not be concerned how to dress a child more than how the child should be raised.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:08 pm
Well....I guess if a parent wants to dress their baby goth, that's okay. Once the child gets older, however, the parents should let their child be who they want.  

Surami-Fox

Starfish Attack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:36 pm
bansheemourning
My youngest daughter turns 4 today, & I bought her some black dress up clothes that she picked out. She LOVES Jack Skellington, & Chucky, & can't get enough of the music she's always telling me to "...turn it up Mommy I wanna dance!" It doesn't matter how they are dressed, they all find their own style & uniqueness if they feel comfortable enough to explore it. I have always encouraged all 8 of my kids to "find themselves" in this mob of robots we call humanity. I have 5 girls & 3 boys, & all but the 4 yr old are teens or pre-teens, & each one has their own individual style. (& most of them are goth.)

omg adorable!!!

x3

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas