Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official Australian Guild
Trying to prove a point! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do Aussies usually wear shoes, or do you prefer to be barefoot?
shoes
73%
 73%  [ 14 ]
Barefooot
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 19

Gloomy Inc.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:27 pm
WellzY
Xan-Phorie Rei
I don't mind being barefoot at home in summer, but it's way too cold not to wear shoes in winter, and it's just gross not wearing shoes when you go out places, think of all those foot diseases you might contract? gonk

I totally agree.

Summer is barefoot time, especially around the house. Even when you're going out (unless it's somewhere fancy) thongs and sandles are the go. Winter is a time for shoes, and during winter, I basically live in my yummy and warm ug boots.

i totally second that

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:39 pm
Seems like most Aussies prefer shoes, unless they live in a relatively hot place. Can't really tell from where I live (Sydney).  

Triste

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:31 am
So what are you trying to prove Bemuled, that we're normal, or that we're freaks? xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:54 pm
Well, Wellz, I'm trying to prove that most North Americans (particularly yanks) don't know as much about Oz and her people as they seem to like thinking they do. Thus far it's working very well. *smiles brightly* I want to put up another poll about Aussies too, but I just know that poll will fail for me like this one did and someone else will have to add the poll to my topic for me ... again. *laughs* Lately I've just been all about making sure certain jerks know how ignorant they are about other countries. *sweet smile*  

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:16 pm
BeMuled MissBeth
Well, Wellz, I'm trying to prove that most North Americans (particularly yanks) don't know as much about Oz and her people as they seem to like thinking they do. Thus far it's working very well. *smiles brightly* I want to put up another poll about Aussies too, but I just know that poll will fail for me like this one did and someone else will have to add the poll to my topic for me ... again. *laughs* Lately I've just been all about making sure certain jerks know how ignorant they are about other countries. *sweet smile*

It's that bloody Steve Irwin I tells ya, ergh!

Just create the new thread, it's always good to talk about such things as our own culture. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:42 pm
WellzY
It's that bloody Steve Irwin I tells ya, ergh!

Just create the new thread, it's always good to talk about such things as our own culture. 3nodding

*laughs* He is a bit of a git, isn't he ... *winks* Ah, but help me, I love 'im. *dreamy sigh* Righto ... as I was saying ... *clears throat, shifty eyes*

I suppose I could do that too. *nods* Although I'd have to think of what else I'd want to ask other than simply, 'So ... is it really Aussie fashion these days to wear corks in your hats? Or is that simply North American myth/assumption?' Seems a rather dull starter for conversation to me. *giggles*  

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200

DNA_Guru
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:38 am
I likes me bare feet when I'm out and about and such but I find it generally safer and more comfortable to wear shoes. But I do enjoy barefoot, however I mainly just wear my socks in the winter. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:02 pm
me, shoes. simply because it's too damn cold in toowoomba for anything else...atm anyway. Coem summer, the ground is too hot to go barefoot...thongs man!  

ethuil

EmWah
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:38 pm
Winter time = shoes

Summer time = shoeless

Autumn and Spring also shoes. So that's a 75% shoes and 25% shoeless from me.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:47 am
Four more days and I tally the votes! *smiles*  

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:57 pm
And now to announce the winner!

Me: Nothing ...
Yank: Everything!

So it seems I was the one to be an idiot. A friend of mine from Oz once told me that Aussies love being barefoot a majority of the time (of course, she may very well have meant strictly in the summer ... maybe I should've had the poll as season specific *makes a thinking face*) and I believed her. Then an American friend of mine said that Australians always wear shoes, no one runs around barefoot there anymore than they do here in North America (of course I had to point out to him that as soon as the weather is warm enough it's hell to get shoes on my feet as I love not wearing them!). So there you have it, mates. I'm a loooooser. *laughs* And I bow out gracefully and hand the points over to the Americans ... for now ... muahahahaha! *winks*  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:22 am
Serves you Canucks right. xD  

DNA_Guru
Captain

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:51 pm
Gee ... thanks. Way to make a girl feel better. *winks and laughs* I knew you didn't like us all along! Dang Aussies! Just trying to make it seem like we're in your good books. *huggles* Ah, but I lurv ya anyhow. *giggles*  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:12 am
domokun

We form a united front against the Yanks, but sporting rivalries...hohoho. It's pretty awesome that you guys suck at everything that we do...I mean...minus Cricket..which you guys suck at and we're number one....and then you have your Baseball/Softball....we both did alright without the Yanks at the ollies.
Hmm, but we are a better sporting nation. biggrin  

DNA_Guru
Captain

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:35 am
DNA_Guru
domokun

We form a united front against the Yanks, but sporting rivalries...hohoho. It's pretty awesome that you guys suck at everything that we do...I mean...minus Cricket..which you guys suck at and we're number one....and then you have your Baseball/Softball....we both did alright without the Yanks at the ollies.
Hmm, but we are a better sporting nation. biggrin

Yeah ... Canucks are really only good for sex and beer drinking contests ... which Aussies are great at too. Oh! We have HOCKEY! There! Ha! *laughs*  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff