Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Anyone Else Seen This? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The MoUsY spell-checker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:26 pm
red_moon_wolfess
Grammar Nazisum? What do they think we do with the people who speak bad grammar? Last I checked we didn't have any proper grammar concentration camps. Unless you count our school system as one, but with some teachers' grammar slipping away like it is I hardly count that.

what makes us grammar nazis? other than our uncanny relation to the Soup Nazi only with grammar? xd

I think it's not on the first page of the forum any more, but there's a thread about the misuse of words, mainly that of the word "Nazi", and the Soup Nazi definitely had something to do with why it's used that way.

Chase Keyhole
I've been -trying- not to correct people. They usually get mad at me when I do.

I used to correct my friends all the time too, which was (unsurprisingly) not a good idea because most of them hate it. (I do have new friends now that don't mind though.)  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:57 am
I saw a similar banner to ours saying something like 'I appreciate good grammar and good English just as much as the next person but I'm not acting all superior about it and correcting others all the time', I can't remember it correctly. I thought it was quite good actually. Of course not everyone in this guild is crazy about correcting others all the time, many people just come here to learn better grammar. I try to refrain from correcting others elsewhere on Gaia unless it's appropriate, i.e. the topic is about grammar or something. And usually I correct my friends, if I'm chatting to someone on the internet and I can't understand what they're saying because of short-cuts (can't remember what it's called) and general text-speak, I tell them very politely that either they have to type out their words when talking to me or just stop talking to me. Unfortunately, I think one of my internet-friends stopped talking to me after I started correcting him. I felt like crying. English is his native language. sad

ljosberinn

omiyashi0

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:34 pm
Maybe I am a grammar nazi. I correct people's grammar when I can, especially my teacher's grammar. Although If I do see that signature, I'll attempt to stab the person with an exclamation mark. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:09 pm
How about "Grammar Activist"? Or "Grammar Freak"? I like that one. It's like Dean Freak. I still have my bumper sticker. BYAAAW!  

Gachetemas

morimii

Clean Friend

7,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:31 pm
Hmm... I've never seen that... & plus I think I'm a Nazi too because I usually correct my friends about their grammar and spelling..... unless otherwise. -.-; rofl neutral sweatdrop whee  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:23 am
Well the funny thing about it is, this guild was based on NOT being like the Grammar Nazis am I right? So the fact he says this in his signature, makes me wonder if we aren't getting as bad...hmm....that's a thought to ponder.  

Lily-Anne-Marie

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces