OMG DID YOU SAY VASHU
it dosent matter to me my water taste like s**t regardless whats in it sad

are you drinking out of your toilet??  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:34 pm
Black-Almaz
OMG DID YOU SAY VASHU
it dosent matter to me my water taste like s**t regardless whats in it sad

are you drinking out of your toilet??

actually i would assume they are living in melbourne or adelaide. i have heard the water can be pretty s**t in both those places...  

Lynx Raven Raide

Falethial

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:59 pm
Lets think...ten years ago you -couldn't- drink the water out of a Sydney tap coz it was contaminated. Now everyone's worried about actually having contaminated tap water...*snickers* Hell I have a filter system...solve the problem...and they're not -that- expensive. I think its just gonna be a fact of life soon, so we'd best get to dealing with out insecurities!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:10 pm
I actually like the water where I come from. It's the nicest water I have tasted anywhere.

But I'm not against recycled water. Because it'll be purified to high heaven so we wont get germs from it.
Where I live though we have only just got water restrictions (we arent allowed to water between certain times) and it's the first water restrictions that we have ever had in my memory span.  

tainted angel 87

Hermit of the Hills

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:20 am
I'm all for it. People have to see that we've gotten to the stage of needing measures such as this. I must admit, the concept is a little off putting, but I don't think any government'd risk the uproar that'd result from contaminated water. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:03 am
Sadly people here have it too easy, and will proably complain about it happening. Send everyone to parts of asia or africa for a cpl weeks, then bring them back and see if they complain. They'll just be glad the water is CLEAR.

As for plastic vs concrete : I dont see the point of them changing it, unless it works better. I think people get a little too exicted over plastic being the uberbuilding material these days. We've had these pipes for so long for a reason. Not just cos there "wasnt plastic".

Rinse

Mistress-of-the-Chickens

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Concrete pipes!!!

In a recent test, people were given different water samples at random, some recycled and some bottled and some tap water from various places around the country. Most people couldnt tell the difference between recycled and bottled, and then some still couldnt tell the difference between recycled and tap! So I say swap to recycled. Recycle it, pump it back into the dam, and its dam water!

Not to mention Canberra is now on stage 3 restrictions. No nothing, and soon to be set amounts of washing water, cooking water and drinking water. We cant use grey water for our cars, only the gardens and thats only so EVERYTHING doesnt die on us!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:00 am
HHmm, I may move to jakarta soon, wonder if I can drink the water there?  

Ozumou

missy_sheryl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:27 am
Well...
1) If it's the only water left, I think we'll drink it no matter where it comes from. Don't ya think?
2) Give us back our cement pipes. NAO.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:04 am
Arabian Day Mare
Concrete pipes!!!

In a recent test, people were given different water samples at random, some recycled and some bottled and some tap water from various places around the country. Most people couldnt tell the difference between recycled and bottled, and then some still couldnt tell the difference between recycled and tap! So I say swap to recycled. Recycle it, pump it back into the dam, and its dam water!

Not to mention Canberra is now on stage 3 restrictions. No nothing, and soon to be set amounts of washing water, cooking water and drinking water. We cant use grey water for our cars, only the gardens and thats only so EVERYTHING doesnt die on us!

I ******** hate bottled water, I reccon it tastes feral. xp  

WellzY
Crew

Lynx Raven Raide

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:52 pm
Arabian Day Mare
Concrete pipes!!!

Central Coast (wyong and gosford councils) have been on stage 4 for a while now, yet where i am, in lake macquarie council, there is no restrictions.... go figure  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:32 pm
Hee hee, did you know that the water we drink today is actually the same water dinosaurs drank from so many years ago?

Anyways:

IF WE DON'T TAKE ACTION SOON, WE'LL ALL HAVE TO MOVE TO CANADA! OR MARS EVEN!

- Strike without Mercy -

the best vignette

Hygienic Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:15 am
yep, theres level 4 restrictions where i live too.
i reckon its a good idea. the water's probably gonna end up cleaner if they use the system anyway lol  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:02 am
i think that recycling water is a good idea but its the thought that puts me off.... poowoomba! hahahahahaha that still cracks me up@ rofl  

xox_marsy_xox

nrasjaa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:54 pm
the_weird_1
Water from sewerage is being treated and recycled. Govt' say that we can't taste the difference and that we won't get sick from it.

I actually agree. And I think that this is a great step forward for our forever drought stricken country.

My pet peeve is that local councils are replacing cement pipes with plastic pipes. STOP THIS NOW. With cement pipes the water was always really cold when it came from the tap, being stone and underground. But plastic pipes bring out the worst taste, and cold water can actaully be warm on summer days - making that awful taste even worse.

What's your opinion on recycled water or any other issues?

plastic pipes are cheaper so your loss on that one  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces