Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Reused

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:10 pm
i like fasony stuff that dosnt make me look cheap... so i love them  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:10 pm
The irony, at least for me is I was thinking, last night, how much I would love a green waistcoat for my avitar, as to avoid pinching on St. Patrick's day. (yes, it is digital pinching, but still) But that hardly mattered, as they weren't on gaia, they'd never be on Gaia, and so I'd never have one.
Now, here they are, and I still can't. How like Tantilous I feel.

But aside from that, I have nothing agaisnt the prices. Though I know if I finally get one... oh, I can hear the beggers now...  

Lord Charlemain Richards

Thirteenth Lover

12,825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200

tamachan414

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:37 pm
lurichan
in other words by the very nature of the items with detail and the status symbol they represent it would actually be unfair to devalue or cheapen them because it is a symbol of "The Golden Age" of France from somwhere around the time frame of the Sun King Louis the XV. (if I remember my history correctly). Because it is a symbolic form of nobility, and all that entails and embodies, I think the pricing is actually believe it or not fair..

It was from the time of Louis XVIII, which is actually the worst time in french history. ending with his beheadal and a revolution. but the clothes were highly expensice. and the "Sun King" i believe was Louis XVI  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:38 pm
They look pretty damn interesting 3nodding
The satin coat is especially inviting.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Deadside Dreams

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:26 am
I'd love to have the black coat, but I think 56k+ for a store item is a little outrageous.

*shrugs* Maybe by the time I get the gold, I'll still want it lol. :p  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:54 am
I like the new items, but I'm not looking forward to questing for them (my quest threads have all died untimely deaths...).  

Verienkeli

Girl-Crazy Genius

Dante Omura

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:30 am
Darkness Is My Life's Blood

So quest alone with no help lol

Light Is My Deaths Curse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:30 am
Huh, interesting way to look at it. i just thought they released expensive items because people were asking for more expensive store items. In any case, I won't be getting any of these new items anytime soon anyway. I'm saving up for a sealed envelope in case I can't send in a money order for donation items. Then I plan to expand my Gaia house and buy some new items for that . . . then I'll start saving up for these new items, which are really nice. I love the new corsets!  

Freedom Fire

-Lasciate Ogni Speranza-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:56 am
Pros: Gorgeous, and I really want them!

Cons: The cheapest item is over 5000 gold.

I still plan to quest. I want to get one of the masks!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:11 am
welcometomyhell
Pros: Gorgeous, and I really want them!

Cons: The cheapest item is over 5000 gold.

I still plan to quest. I want to get one of the masks!

Actually the cheapest item is the elegant snowy leggings for 2500 gold. 3nodding  

lurichan
Vice Captain

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:45 am
They're pretty spiff.

I could easily afford the entire shebang.

But I'm not purchasing them because I decided a long time ago that my avatar stays like this.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:54 pm
Silly_Doll
Isel
You realize that a smart economic move for MP'ers would be to buy the items and then sell them for lower prices to others, right? Demand is high, revenue will generate eventually.

It doesn't work that way. As of right now, there is a monopoly on the new set, you can only buy it at one price. Yes, the MP'ers could just sell it at a lower price after buying it... but they would only loose money in the end.

It works if you get it from a middleman who's dumb enough to sell it back REALLY cheap.  

-Isel-

Silly_Doll

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:50 pm
Isel
Silly_Doll
Isel
You realize that a smart economic move for MP'ers would be to buy the items and then sell them for lower prices to others, right? Demand is high, revenue will generate eventually.

It doesn't work that way. As of right now, there is a monopoly on the new set, you can only buy it at one price. Yes, the MP'ers could just sell it at a lower price after buying it... but they would only loose money in the end.

It works if you get it from a middleman who's dumb enough to sell it back REALLY cheap.

Yeah, IF there is a middle man that dumb. There maybe a FEW, but on whole I doubt that'll happen... Not if they're paying over 56k for the set. Most people wouldn't throw away their money like that.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:17 am
MortSanglant
They're pretty spiff.

I could easily afford the entire shebang.

But I'm not purchasing them because I decided a long time ago that my avatar stays like this.

User Image
So what do you do with your gold?  

TybaltGamemaster

nuGen Staff Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Committee Staff 25

Maggoty Anne

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:42 pm
i am drooling over the corsets, though i still love the nightmare bustier. i am however puzzled as to the whereabouts of the fan that is in the picture. i want it, but i don't know where to buy it.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff