Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: On No, They Didn't!! :: Things You Don't Like About Shojo Beat :.
When girly is just too much... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Person counter
+1
100%
 100%  [ 32 ]
Total Votes : 32

Remi Mirebeau

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:21 pm
I agree with those who don't like the fashion stuff. There are plenty of american fashion magazines and like 2 american manga magazines - Just use those pages to put in more manga, in my opinion.

I feel like the shojo manga market is so new in North America that Viz is not sure who to market to. It will take them a while to understand who their readers are and what they want. Until then they just have to shoot in the dark.

Personally I would like to see the following:
- More manga (like as thick as Jump)
- Art/Illustration related articles
- manga making articles
- Short fiction
- Omake/Extra goodies  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:20 am
I think I'd like for there to be a balance because I love girly things sometimes (so much so that many others would find me sickening), but I also love tons of things that are very un-girly (sports, video games) and of course, I like the things that are in between.

So...I'd like more balance as far as those things go.

But I also think there should be more article about manga and such. More manga-ka interviews, more articles about specific manga, maybe add in another series (without taking one away!).

I also like the idea of Short Fiction. There's a whole lot of Light Novels in Japan that never make their way over to the states (I almost had a heart attack when I saw that Tokyopop actually brought over the light novels for Karin AKA Chibi Vampire). So I think...if they could manage it, they could put in a chapter of a novel every issue. It would be fun and it would make it so it takes more than just 45 minutes to breeze through my Shojo Beat. I only get it once a month, make it more worth the wait!

Ah, but that's really all my problems with Shojo Beat...I got into a bit of a rant there, didn't I?

Fuyu Maiden

Viet Dollie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:38 am
I think it is real girly when the girl falls in love with a guy at first sight. They must be more meaning to love. It is kinda wierd if they kiss too early.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:31 pm
Fuyu Maiden
I think I'd like for there to be a balance because I love girly things sometimes (so much so that many others would find me sickening), but I also love tons of things that are very un-girly (sports, video games) and of course, I like the things that are in between.

So...I'd like more balance as far as those things go.

But I also think there should be more article about manga and such. More manga-ka interviews, more articles about specific manga, maybe add in another series (without taking one away!).

I also like the idea of Short Fiction. There's a whole lot of Light Novels in Japan that never make their way over to the states (I almost had a heart attack when I saw that Tokyopop actually brought over the light novels for Karin AKA Chibi Vampire). So I think...if they could manage it, they could put in a chapter of a novel every issue. It would be fun and it would make it so it takes more than just 45 minutes to breeze through my Shojo Beat. I only get it once a month, make it more worth the wait!

Ah, but that's really all my problems with Shojo Beat...I got into a bit of a rant there, didn't I?

It would be great if they added in more stuff about light novels. They're my new obsession. I almost like them more than manga! eek

kel aka gandy
Captain

KindledIiwi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:51 am
sakara maxter
i think they just need to find a good balance.... like let's talk about the group of gamer girls known as... darn... what was their name? *bangs head* i think shonen jump mentioned them once....

but we need more articles about girl power and girls doing the guy stuff too.... because we are complex creatures and need a bit more than: "duh... like makeup is like totally the like awesomest!"

I agree with that and not only care about japanse manga but also Shojo from American Authors as well Like talk about Dramacon or American Manga-Ka artist shojo.
its like o_o there trying to BEAT the american out of us and turn us japanese...

Sorta anyway.
Yeah they need to get a good balance. about how girls are doing good in the world.
and not always about japanese culture like a balanace of AmericanMangaShojo's and Japanese Shojos.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:26 pm
Eh? I really don't want any American manga...at least not until the average American "manga" is better than what it is now. The only one I've ever liked (and I've tried reading TONS) is Dramacon. Other than that...it's pretty crummy.

It's because manga isn't as popular in America as it is in japan so it's only to be expected that the manga people make aren't as good. There's not enough people making it...but still. Even if they added American manga, it would only come out like...once every six months. American Manga-ka are so slow with bringing together their comics that it's almost impressive. It's probably because they don't really use assistants to help with screentones and background drawing, but still...I don't want to be caught up waiting so long.

And I like the articles on Japanese culture and stuff. I live in America, I don't need to learn about America, I get that from other magazines and...daily life...and the news.

Fuyu Maiden

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:09 pm
I'm not really into girly stuff either  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:06 pm
totally agree. I mean most people have theyr littl egirly moments, but other then that, focus I little on something other then all taht other stuff! i mean i kno its shojo, but lets not overboard.  

Pandaccino

cold2

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:59 pm
I look at some of clothes and say "o thats cute" but other than no. I wish they have more stuff other than clothes, makeup, etc. I want more on video games but the girly "lets dress up this character" games. I wish some stuff from shounen jump like the part of the video games section was on shojobeat.  
.: On No, They Didn't!! :: Things You Don't Like About Shojo Beat :.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games