Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
When does cynical becaome "too" cynical? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:28 am
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San

I know what you mean. Heres an accurate depiction of someone in sales and marketing when going to bed.
"What did you do today honey?"
"We made arsenic a treasured childhood food, the parents will love it, the slogan being 'are your kids too loud?'"
And they sleep like babies in big houses or trendy inner city apartments. I hated the job and all I was doing was designing logo's.

And you are right, to a degree, there is more to be bitter about, but age also makes bitter about things that were always there, like when 13 year olds talk about the 90's as if they actually have any real memory of it themselves, that gets me really snappy. Also, Kurt Cobain (not nirvana but Kurt) fans that weren't even alive when he died moping about it. Thats before I get on to the post offices closing, the war, the price of bread and milk, the weather, the way people drive, movies of today, what they get away with saying on TV, politics, economics, and the youth of today having no respect... and I'm only 20.

I ssomehow wish to hear your opinion on drugs and arms dealers now, possibly polititians as well, it's great to hear a fellow snarky being rofl

Well, at 18 I was already one of those crotchey middle aged women that say "men only want you for one thing you know, so you might as well get a bit of fun out of it as well if he's just ging to use you".... in more of a cynical way rather than scorned woman way.

I don't think a child who at 4 told her parents she idn't want to be baptised because she was "ready to be good yet" was ever going to grow up in a normal way.... >.> <.< .....*ahem*

I'm an old man at 20, just as tightfisted money wise too, but you have to be to get anything at all done today.

As for drug dealers... well, it depends, I know some dealers, who well, yes its against the law, always checked the product to make sure it was good, and always only sold what they knew someone could handle, then he died (he was very well respected) his son took over and trashed his fathers good name. On the whole though, they are scum, and should be wiped from the earth, especially if they are pushers, I'd like to see their lives destroyed before they get thrown in jail so they know how it feels to lose everything.

Arms dealers, they are just as bad as the murderers and rapists and other people who use the weapons, they really do make me sick but of course... in that respect, then also do the weapons manufacturers, but the reason no ones cracked down on it yet, is because the biggest nation of gun freaks in the world would throw a hissy fit, like a toddler when you take their toys away. So like anything serious is ever going to happen on that front.

And politicians... well lets be honest, in England is there a bigger joke, a bigger stage show then politics? with all the bright lights, neon colours, pyrotechnics, thrills, spills, chills, good guys, crooks and villains for all the positive effect they have on society. it might as well be a broad way musical.

Ahhh I had it easy as a kid, raised on a diet of Hawkwind, Metallica, Iron Maiden and Sisters of Mercy. I don't think I was ever going to be what passes as normal these days.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:32 am
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San
lurichan

Don't forget about how the movie rating system is failing us. We went and saw "Epic Movie" last night, and there was a lot more swearing in there than a PG-13 movie should warrent. ~_~
Its rated 15 in the UK, so not an issue here. ^_^

However people taking kids to see an 18 rated film then complaining its too violent.

I more object to that film being a waste of money an tme rather than the swearing. I like parodies, but if you feel your audience needs it to be so damned obvious you#re ether an idiot yourself or obviously think very little of your fellow man......or a possible third option of you being a very bad writer...

I think their movies are either hit or miss. This one was a big miss because if felt like they couldn't think up enough material and wasted time on filler ploys. ~_~  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:33 am
lurichan
Rellik San
Its rated 15 in the UK, so not an issue here. ^_^

However people taking kids to see an 18 rated film then complaining its too violent.

Ugh...parents are too selfish in my personal opinion really. To drag small children with you to obvious movies not intended for them because You want to see it...it's just plain bad parenting. And then to wonder why you're child is swearing up a storm....or being violent in school because they can't differentiate between make-believe and reality.....~_~ Grrr, just gggrrrrrrr.

There are way too many things in rated R movies that children should never be exposed to. The rating system was put into place for a reason after all. It's irresponsible adults that not only allow, but sometimes encourage children to watch things that are not meant for them that make me sick to the pit of my stomach. Of course most parents aren't attentive enough to actually watch something before letting their children watch it either....and then you have the issue of children being exposed to sexual content as well. ~_~

I think I'm against irresponsible parenting really. Those people who have children because they feel lonely like they need to fill a void in their lives, but then don't want to take the time and effort necessary into actually rasing a child. Those are the scum of the earth because they end up hurting children by their own indifference and neglect.

Have to disagree with the last statement, the scum of the earth aren't those people, but the trailer trash and estate scum (again not everyone in those circumstances, but a large size of people) popping out babies, like they were frog spawn.
*Thunk*
'Oh, theres truck driver jr.'
*Thunk*
'Passing hitch hiker jr.'
*Thunk*
'Pizza boy delivery jr.'
I find despite the neglect, the council is quick to take the child... oh sorry they only do that to loving parents in difficult circumstances, because that kid deserves a head start in life. The head start only a clinical institutionalised place can offer.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:39 am
Rellik San

Have to disagree with the last statement, the scum of the earth aren't those people, but the trailer trash and estate scum (again not everyone in those circumstances, but a large size of people) popping out babies, like they were frog spawn.
*Thunk*
*Thunk*
*Thunk*
'Pizza boy delivery jr.'
I find despite the neglect, the council is quick to take the child... oh sorry they only do that to loving parents in difficult circumstances, because that kid deserves a head start in life. The head start only a clinical institutionalised place can offer.

I"ll have to agree that popping out babies to get well-fare, or just cause you can is also deplorable.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:41 am
lurichan
Rellik San

*Thunk*
*Thunk*
*Thunk*
'Pizza boy delivery jr.'

I"ll have to agree that popping out babies to get well-fare, or just cause you can is also deplorable.

Its not even that, I just wish we'd work out the whole food thing before we over populate the world even more.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:41 am
Rellik San

I'm an old man at 20, just as tightfisted money wise too, but you have to be to get anything at all done today.

As for drug dealers... well, it depends, I know some dealers, who well, yes its against the law, always checked the product to make sure it was good, and always only sold what they knew someone could handle, then he died (he was very well respected) his son took over and trashed his fathers good name. On the whole though, they are scum, and should be wiped from the earth, especially if they are pushers, I'd like to see their lives destroyed before they get thrown in jail so they know how it feels to lose everything.

Arms dealers, they are just as bad as the murderers and rapists and other people who use the weapons, they really do make me sick but of course... in that respect, then also do the weapons manufacturers, but the reason no ones cracked down on it yet, is because the biggest nation of gun freaks in the world would throw a hissy fit, like a toddler when you take their toys away. So like anything serious is ever going to happen on that front.

And politicians... well lets be honest, in England is there a bigger joke, a bigger stage show then politics? with all the bright lights, neon colours, pyrotechnics, thrills, spills, chills, good guys, crooks and villains for all the positive effect they have on society. it might as well be a broad way musical.

Ahhh I had it easy as a kid, raised on a diet of Hawkwind, Metallica, Iron Maiden and Sisters of Mercy. I don't think I was ever going to be what passes as normal these days.
*hands Rellik a cloth cap and walking stick* to get you into practice seeing as you're getting so crotchety so soon 3nodding

I'm in favour of the pot ladies that sell it to people with arthritis and other conditions because it helps, but it's just not damned safe for 'recreational' use. Drugs can serve a purpose.... but not to get stoned out of your mind on.

Well, the arms manufactureres of Britasin pretty much rely on the Government to fund them, they're ineficent and basically leach our tax money, the reason they're still around? Most in government own shares and stuff in them and they're pretty much in bed with Blair stare

Bleh.... Politiatians are leaches on society. I heard a nice saying: Don't steal. The government doesn't like the competition.

*laughs* I'm thinking most of alternative people weren't right in the head from the very start, that's how it works, we get corrupted and metal is sure to follow xd  

Isobel Bellamy

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:44 am
Rellik San
lurichan
Rellik San

*Thunk*
*Thunk*
*Thunk*
'Pizza boy delivery jr.'

Its not even that, I just wish we'd work out the whole food thing before we over populate the world even more.

hm, you do have to remember that some of these people that keep having children just aren't that well educated or, frankly, too damned naive about the world to know any better.

Feh, the ones that have kids to get the benefits are just as bad as the people onthe dole not wanting to work, sure, it's hard to be a single mother, but if you did it deliberately you deserve all you get for abusing a system put in place to help people that needed to become single parents. Grrrr.

Don't get me started on the whole food thing. you just need to look around just about al of the first world countries to know that we've got far more food than we actually need.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:46 am
Rellik San
lurichan
Rellik San

*Thunk*
*Thunk*
*Thunk*
'Pizza boy delivery jr.'

The world is already overpopulated. If nature being itself (ie hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes, floods, and everything else) is killing millions of people... that is a not so subtle hint that there are too many people concentrated in any given area. It's horrible that people die, but it's because there are too many people packed so tightly together that so many people die in the first place. -_-*  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Silly_Doll

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:49 am
It's always a good idea to give people the benifit of the doubt, but there's nothing wrong with being scarcastic or cynical, as long as you can back up what you say. Because being overly cynical ALL the time is not the best thing to do... one day you're going to be wrong, and you're going to look like a complete and total ARSE about it. It'll be hard to earn that respect back.

But cynacisim is a great tool for just keeping a reality check, or trying to make sense of the world.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:49 am
I think this turned into the "Snarky Older Gaian" thread. ^^*  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:50 am
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San

*hands Rellik a cloth cap and walking stick* to get you into practice seeing as you're getting so crotchety so soon 3nodding

I'm in favour of the pot ladies that sell it to people with arthritis and other conditions because it helps, but it's just not damned safe for 'recreational' use. Drugs can serve a purpose.... but not to get stoned out of your mind on.

Well, the arms manufactureres of Britasin pretty much rely on the Government to fund them, they're ineficent and basically leach our tax money, the reason they're still around? Most in government own shares and stuff in them and they're pretty much in bed with Blair stare

Bleh.... Politiatians are leaches on society. I heard a nice saying: Don't steal. The government doesn't like the competition.

*laughs* I'm thinking most of alternative people weren't right in the head from the very start, that's how it works, we get corrupted and metal is sure to follow xd

I know what you mean, but its not even the recreational use thats dangerous, natural, pure cannabis is about as dangerous as smoking a cigarette and having a pint. Its all the chemical enhanced stuff that is dangerous.

Don't steal the government doesn't like the competition? xd I have to remember that one. We indeed swindled out of our money. You know I have to pay TV License for my PC? Because its hooked up to the internet... In fact I had to before it was on the net, because 'It can be set up to receive broadcasts'. Of course, only if you buy a TV Card first, which I don't have nor do I intend on getting.

Hahaha, the fact that metal bands are now mostly corporate whores (unless your maiden or someone just as big who make the company their whore). I mean, anyone else think straight edgers are just the modern equivalent of the whole 'We're rock stars against drugs, because thats what the government want' of the 80's and 90's?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:53 am
lurichan

Shush! We need a place to vent our venom at the world!  

Isobel Bellamy

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:53 am
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San
lurichan
Rellik San

*Thunk*
*Thunk*
*Thunk*
'Pizza boy delivery jr.'

hm, you do have to remember that some of these people that keep having children just aren't that well educated or, frankly, too damned naive about the world to know any better.

Feh, the ones that have kids to get the benefits are just as bad as the people onthe dole not wanting to work, sure, it's hard to be a single mother, but if you did it deliberately you deserve all you get for abusing a system put in place to help people that needed to become single parents. Grrrr.

Don't get me started on the whole food thing. you just need to look around just about al of the first world countries to know that we've got far more food than we actually need.
You know whats really funny? take the weapons budget of all the world... spend it on feeding and clothing the poor and homeless, by 2030, we will be exploring space as a unified planet, because no one has the means to fight anymore... so why fight?

And I know what you mean about the dole que, I'm only on JSA, because I got a letter informing me I had to for my NI contributions to continue, I wasn't on it for about 4 months. Doing odd job work for cash instead.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:54 am
Silly_Doll
It's always a good idea to give people the benifit of the doubt, but there's nothing wrong with being scarcastic or cynical, as long as you can back up what you say. Because being overly cynical ALL the time is not the best thing to do... one day you're going to be wrong, and you're going to look like a complete and total ARSE about it. It'll be hard to earn that respect back.

But cynacisim is a great tool for just keeping a reality check, or trying to make sense of the world.

I just don't give a crap and complain to anyone and everyone that'll listen xd I don't mind if I look like an idiot, it's fun biggrin  

Isobel Bellamy

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:54 am
Isobel Bellamy
lurichan

Shush! We need a place to vent our venom at the world!

These whippersnappers know nothing about respect *pulls flat cap down and smokes pipe*  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff