Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
I saw this in the hallway of the university LIBRARY! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cookies...
  are delicious!
  are okay...*grabs one*
  Give me your soul!
View Results

Galadedrid Damodred

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:04 am
OH MY GOD, WHAT IN THE NAME OF CYRIC IS THAT?! IT'S EVIL! IT'S SACRILEGE, IT'S BLASPHEMY, IT'S VILE, DISGUSTING - I DON'T EVEN HAVE THE SUPERLATIVES TO DESCRIBE IT!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:41 am
Neither do I. By the way, since I will be off line for a while after Friday, up until the 18th, is it okay to give you a present in advance?  

Patron with a Mission

Zealot of Insanity

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:49 pm
Holy f***! A library sponsered message? Go smite whoever put that in place!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:04 pm
Oh, how I wish I could.  

Patron with a Mission

Serious~Sarcasm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:07 pm
I'm just going to go and cry for awile, goodbye!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:12 pm
I think it's sad that text talk, is in a library at all! Don't you go to a library to learn? Now a library seems to sponcer text talk? Where is this world going to end up? Teachers will teach text talk?
burning_eyes

Angelic-Sargeant

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:36 pm
I hope to God not. I also found out that the department that put it there is the Special Collections, the department responsible for keeping classical books for our library. Ironic to think that the patrons of the classical books stooped to such low and modern standards.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:25 am
ARMAGEDDON12
I think it's sad that text talk, is in a library at all! Don't you go to a library to learn? Now a library seems to sponcer text talk? Where is this world going to end up? Teachers will teach text talk?
burning_eyes

I take that as a personal insult. I'm a teacher, and I don't enjoy having that flung around.  

Archdemonessa

Angelic-Sargeant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:20 pm
Luna Ishukan
ARMAGEDDON12
burning_eyes

I take that as a personal insult. I'm a teacher, and I don't enjoy having that flung around.

Sorry, but do you get to pick what you teach? If not, it would not be your fault if you had to teach it anyway, right? Oh, and I have seen a teacher using text talk, as she wrote on the board. So, I am not saying that you will teach it, but some teachers use it, while they teach kids, so that could influence it. I am sorry if the post offended you.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:27 pm
You don't pick what you teach, but you do get to pick how you teach it. I'm a student tutor, and I teach the grammar and spelling in my own way different from the other tutors. But please, let us try to not offend anyone on this guild, okay?  

Patron with a Mission

Angelic-Sargeant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:35 pm
dameonmac5918
You don't pick what you teach, but you do get to pick how you teach it. I'm a student tutor, and I teach the grammar and spelling in my own way different from the other tutors. But please, let us try to not offend anyone on this guild, okay?

I, was not aiming to offend any teachers, or student teachers, or subsitute teachers, or tutors! I am sorry, if that offends anyone in the guild.
redface

But, I guess that text talk in the library got me worked up. stressed

I appologize deeply, to any offended gaians. Or any teachers, (Substitues, student teachers, tutors, and profesors included.)
sad

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:42 pm
biggrin It's okay. We're all cranky from such a text message being in the library. I am irritated by the fact, as mentioned above, that the special collections is the one who put it up there...and won't take it down.  

Patron with a Mission

Angelic-Sargeant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:44 pm
dameonmac5918
biggrin It's okay. We're all cranky from such a text message being in the library. I am irritated by the fact, as mentioned above, that the special collections is the one who put it up there...and won't take it down.
That's mad! I am goind to burn the banner down! Who's with me?
burning_eyes burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:30 am
*pats her flamethrower* I'm with you. whee Anyone else?  

Patron with a Mission

Archdemonessa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:34 am
*hiding the large amount of pens behind back* I can take care of the group... Oh yes I can.  
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff