Philosophy Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aki Norikaeru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:20 am
rofl I like you!
Time needs a reference point, like speed. We compare one moment to another by what ever standard we will. It does not fall into the opposite category, in fact that is most emotions, morals, and non-tangible subjects that show the power of perspective. Also, if you think about the size of the universe, time cannot exist, the time it takes for light to travel from one end to the other exceeds our current perception of time. I am sorry I am not more specific in my first posts but I understand what I mean and I forget to draw the lines.
Quote:
We live through experiences and those experiences are based on how we view them, and how we view them determines how we react.
Quote:
Past experience can change how you view something and therefore how you react to other things in relation.

That is what I meant, and yes it is a two way street, I was just pointing out how a single perspective can influence our entire future.
I am sorry if my perspective-time correlation does not make sense, just keep pointing out the flaws and I'll try and organize a suitable example.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:04 pm

True, perspective can largely influence the course of individual lives. 3nodding
My primary argument though is that life is not JUST individual perspective -- there ARE actual external things that have to exist first to have views and judgments passed upon them in the first place, and these actual things play at LEAST as much a role in life as perspective. After all, people are not typically born with wings and able to fly, this is an external factor that if it changed would greatly influence people and how they operated, what they experienced, and therefore quite possibly their over-all views of life.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

bluecherry
Vice Captain

Aki Norikaeru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:30 pm
That may be true to some extent but you also have to admit that our thoughts influence what is around us, such as light being a wave or particles, it is our perspective that can make something too.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:35 pm

Our thoughts on their own do not influence whether light is a wave or a particle in actual fact -- it can and does however, as is obvious, influence our perception of the matter. We can be wrong about what light is potentially, but eventually we could find new and better ways of testing and answering that question and with the new evidence correcting our thoughts.

bluecherry
Vice Captain

Aki Norikaeru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:54 pm
Fine you win, but I would like to comment that saying something will happen someday should not be brought up in a typical debate, for the only way it could be proven wrong is at the end of time, and no one would care then.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:27 pm

I didn't say it "would" happen though because you are right about that and I recognized exactly what you said about that "end of time" thing when I was writing my post, so I only said it "could" happen. Big difference. wink 3nodding

bluecherry
Vice Captain

book of darkness

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:02 pm
you guys go really deep in to things dont u?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:07 pm

It's what philosophy is all about, it's in the very nature of the subject - going deeper into subjects, examining them more closely and thoroughly. wink

bluecherry
Vice Captain

book of darkness

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:25 pm
yea but all this is a little annoying. i mean say what ever u want but u are getting way to deep in to this when i asked a simple question. and no offence but this isnt a very exciting or intersting debat if thats what u were doing.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:54 am

We find it interesting. If you don't, then perhaps this just is not the subforum of the Reality guild best sited to your interests. If you are bored by this, you are free to seek you kicks elsewhere. Though I do think philosophy is a very important subject you shouldn't just write off all together forever just from this one topic. It's about some of the most important questions in life, and such things are often complicated and DO require a lot of digging into.

bluecherry
Vice Captain

bluecherry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:20 am

So you think discussing it in the format of a forum is the problem? (I want to check if I'm understanding what you mean.)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:03 pm
no i have no idea what i mean carry on just ignor me.  

book of darkness

51: Philosophy.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces