Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:13 am
GilAskan
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]
GilAskan
Ignoring a problem will not make it go away. But screaming at it won't either. Address the girl and explain to her (CALMLY. DO NOT GET ANGRY.) your religious affiliation, as well as that you feel insulted by her comments.

Also, for future reference, you may want to re-view your diction choices in your posts. Your post (while I can make assumptions due to context as to it's actual intent) could be read as being VERY arrogant or condescending. The phrase "blonde b***h who dared to open her mouth to me" in particular is bad for two reasons in particular (in order; the second being far more profound than the other):

1) Using the adjective "blonde" to describe this "b***h" suggests that you consider "blonde" an insult, or a negative attribute. Because "b***h" has a cruel connotation to it, "blonde" too takes on the cruelty. Using the phrase "Ditsy b***h" or "idiotic b***h" would be more appropraite, or perhaps even "Bitchy blonde".

2) Using the phrase "who dared to open her mouth to me" makes you sound absolutely elitest. It makes you sound as though you believe yourself to be some supreme entity, or a superior human being; that you think of her as "a lower life form" or an inferior person who shouldn't ever "dare speak to someone as important as you". While I'm empathetic to the initial situation, this closing phrase makes me as a reader question whether or not you have the moral highground in the situation (i.e. makes me wonder if she was actually that mean, or if you're just a supremist).

Oh, I'm sorry. I apoligise. MOST blondes that I come in contact with are bitchy little prep girls, and I never got along with them, sorry about being so steriotypic.

...see, again, in analysis, you've now entirely deligimatized yourself.

As a reader, I now view you as the villain of this story. A whiny little teenager, as vain and quick to judge as those you hate.

How am I the villan, when she's rambling her mouth on and on about my being saitin's worshiper and how I dress. I'm sensitive, and I absolutly don't settle for that s**t. Next time you call me the villan, make sure you know what you're talking about. Everyone steriotypes, not matter how inocent or villanized they are. You just steriotyped me, and it's not even close to what I am. Thank you and have a great ******** day.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:28 am
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]
GilAskan
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]
GilAskan
Ignoring a problem will not make it go away. But screaming at it won't either. Address the girl and explain to her (CALMLY. DO NOT GET ANGRY.) your religious affiliation, as well as that you feel insulted by her comments.

Also, for future reference, you may want to re-view your diction choices in your posts. Your post (while I can make assumptions due to context as to it's actual intent) could be read as being VERY arrogant or condescending. The phrase "blonde b***h who dared to open her mouth to me" in particular is bad for two reasons in particular (in order; the second being far more profound than the other):

1) Using the adjective "blonde" to describe this "b***h" suggests that you consider "blonde" an insult, or a negative attribute. Because "b***h" has a cruel connotation to it, "blonde" too takes on the cruelty. Using the phrase "Ditsy b***h" or "idiotic b***h" would be more appropraite, or perhaps even "Bitchy blonde".

2) Using the phrase "who dared to open her mouth to me" makes you sound absolutely elitest. It makes you sound as though you believe yourself to be some supreme entity, or a superior human being; that you think of her as "a lower life form" or an inferior person who shouldn't ever "dare speak to someone as important as you". While I'm empathetic to the initial situation, this closing phrase makes me as a reader question whether or not you have the moral highground in the situation (i.e. makes me wonder if she was actually that mean, or if you're just a supremist).

Oh, I'm sorry. I apoligise. MOST blondes that I come in contact with are bitchy little prep girls, and I never got along with them, sorry about being so steriotypic.

As a reader, I now view you as the villain of this story. A whiny little teenager, as vain and quick to judge as those you hate.

How am I the villan, when she's rambling her mouth on and on about my being saitin's worshiper and how I dress. I'm sensitive, and I absolutly don't settle for that s**t. Next time you call me the villan, make sure you know what you're talking about. Everyone steriotypes, not matter how inocent or villanized they are. You just steriotyped me, and it's not even close to what I am. Thank you and have a great ******** day.

I wasn't saying that you are a villain. I said that you established yourself as one through your writing.

Before I go on, what I'm saying isn't meant to be against you personally. Rather, I'm pointing out the flaws of your writing style as that you can more effectively persuade people.

Now, I agree with you that what she said to you was horrible. But as I said, the way you presented it deligitimized you as the "victim" of the situation. For example, I'll re-write your story in two seperate ways:

Adaptation 1
I was at the mall, and this black guy came up to me and said "Hey, I feel bad for you because you worship Satan. You must have a bad life. I feel bad for your parents."

Can you believe that? I can't believe someone would be so cruel, so tactless as to walk up and just say that for no reason.

Adaptation 2
I was at the mall, and this black guy came up to me and said "Hey, I feel bad for you because you worship Satan. You must have a bad life. I feel bad for your parents."

Can you believe that? I can't believe that some ****** would dare open his mouth to me.

See? In both situations, I'm victimized the same way. However, in the second, I lose my monopoly on the reader's empathy. I make myself into a villain in the second example, despite the fact that what happened to me was no different than the first.

Now as for whether or not "I know what I'm talking about", I do. Trust me. I've been egged by people before by people, just for the way I dress. After Columbine, a police officer pulled his gun on me and threatened to shoot because I was wearing a trench coat. I have endured years of humiliation and abuse and I still try to stay as civil as possible.

And I repeat, the purpose of my criticisms is to analyze your writing, not your sincerity or moral legitimacy.  

GilAskan
Crew

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:32 am
GilAskan
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]
GilAskan
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]
GilAskan

I wasn't saying that you are a villain. I said that you established yourself as one through your writing.

Before I go on, what I'm saying isn't meant to be against you personally. Rather, I'm pointing out the flaws of your writing style as that you can more effectively persuade people.

Now, I agree with you that what she said to you was horrible. But as I said, the way you presented it deligitimized you as the "victim" of the situation. For example, I'll re-write your story in two seperate ways:

Adaptation 1

Can you believe that? I can't believe someone would be so cruel, so tactless as to walk up and just say that for no reason.

Adaptation 2

Can you believe that? I can't believe that some ****** would dare open his mouth to me.

See? In both situations, I'm victimized the same way. However, in the second, I lose my monopoly on the reader's empathy. I make myself into a villain in the second example, despite the fact that what happened to me was no different than the first.

Now as for whether or not "I know what I'm talking about", I do. Trust me. I've been egged by people before by people, just for the way I dress. After Columbine, a police officer pulled his gun on me and threatened to shoot because I was wearing a trench coat. I have endured years of humiliation and abuse and I still try to stay as civil as possible.

And I repeat, the purpose of my criticisms is to analyze your writing, not your sincerity or moral legitimacy.

OK, Like I said, I was sorry for the steriotype. But my writing effects through my emotions, so obviously I was pissed off at what she said, so yea. Whatever, my writing sucks. Just admit it, lolz. That's why I don't write often. But yea, it's all cool.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:53 am
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]
GilAskan
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]
GilAskan
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]

Adaptation 1

Adaptation 2

OK, Like I said, I was sorry for the steriotype. But my writing effects through my emotions, so obviously I was pissed off at what she said, so yea. Whatever, my writing sucks. Just admit it, lolz. That's why I don't write often. But yea, it's all cool.

Alright. I was just giving you some pointers for future reference. Remember: If well said, you can convince someone of anything. If poorly said, you may inadvertantly convince them that you're wrong.  

GilAskan
Crew

Gaylord Mule 3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:47 am
Devils_lilboy
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]
Ok, Me and my other friend were walking, and this one girl comes up to me and says, and I quote:
"Wow, I feel bad for you. Worshiping saitin because you feel like your life sucks... I feel bad for your parents."

taht was from a famous blonde b***h who dared to open her mouth to me. I have it worst as it is, I don't need that s**t.

I would smack the b***h...

What the ********? violence in any form only reinforces other negative goth steriotypes. I find it much more effective to smile at them(although that may be becasue i wear fangs) and do nice things for them. it totaly ******** with their heads. revenge is best when it dosen't bring negativity back on the rest of the comunity.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:05 am
Lazarus The Resurected
Devils_lilboy
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]
Ok, Me and my other friend were walking, and this one girl comes up to me and says, and I quote:
"Wow, I feel bad for you. Worshiping saitin because you feel like your life sucks... I feel bad for your parents."

taht was from a famous blonde b***h who dared to open her mouth to me. I have it worst as it is, I don't need that s**t.

What the ********? violence in any form only reinforces other negative goth steriotypes. I find it much more effective to smile at them(although that may be becasue i wear fangs) and do nice things for them. it totaly ******** with their heads. revenge is best when it dosen't bring negativity back on the rest of the comunity.

I agree with that.  

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

Devils_lilboy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:32 am
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]
Lazarus The Resurected
Devils_lilboy
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]

I agree with that.

that works too... xd :  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:37 am
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]

first of all does no one know how to spell?
it's SATAN, 5 simple letters
besides that's just a christian, since when does anyone listen to them?  

Resurrekt

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:44 pm
Tusyo
Kill the b***h. ^_^

Nah, if that was me I would have said something like "Beelzebub will devor your soul" or something and just walked away. It's easier to scare people when they think you're using some dark magic or something, and can be very entertaining.
Pretending to be into "dark magic" won't really help our cause....remember?? that will only intensify her belief that goths (or at the least, you) do black magic and she might spread that idea around...and so the world will continue to beilieve this black magic sterotype about goths....not that we'll ever get rid of them, but we can try to decrease the amount of people who believe them.

*when i wrote "and so the world will..." i really wanted to put "fall to ruin" because it would sound cool.... and apocolyptic!*  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:38 pm
So she just walked up out of nowhere and said that huh? Lord....I hate that. I usually just b*tch slap the mother f*cker who dares cross me. You should of done that. Thern video taped it to show all of us here.  

Surami-Fox

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:45 pm
Surami-Fox
So she just walked up out of nowhere and said that huh? Lord....I hate that. I usually just b*tch slap the mother f*cker who dares cross me. You should of done that. Thern video taped it to show all of us here.

That really would just make more people think that goths are violent.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:45 pm
Drekavac
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]

The ******** is your problem? Why is it that assholes like you always have to talk s**t about Christians? I'm just about at a loss for any other words, because your blinding stupidity has stunned me.

How do you know she was a Christian? Christians aren't the only people who know what Satan is.

-Isel-

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:24 pm
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]

A dude told me that once i smiled and tried stabbing him. Damn desk only if it wasnt blocking me.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:27 pm
Drekavac
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]

majority of the world, but not me i just laugh and get in a debate that ends in them saying "ill pray for you", and i reply "i left and I aint comin back."  

Hunter of the Dammed

Sassy Ace Ari

Fashionable Genius

2,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:40 pm
Isel
Drekavac
[~I~hopexyouxget~fat~]

The ******** is your problem? Why is it that assholes like you always have to talk s**t about Christians? I'm just about at a loss for any other words, because your blinding stupidity has stunned me.

How do you know she was a Christian? Christians aren't the only people who know what Satan is.

As a Christian, and more specifically a Catholic, I, too am appalled at Drekavac for assuming that a) All Christians are losers that shuldn't be taken seriously, and b) Only Christians know who Satan is, as stated in the above post, though Satan is a Christian concept. Yet, I know who Hades is, and I do not believe in the Greek pantheon.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff