Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Musings on Crafts (now with Pics!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:09 am
On the topic of Vnecks, there are a couple of completely gorgeous and feminine vnecks over at Stitch Diva, but alas.... you have to buy them. sad (But they really are pretty)  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:53 pm
Looking for a top-down V-neck with raglan sleeves you say? I recommend

Knitting from the Top, by Barbara Walker

or if you're looking more for something you can use right away:

The Incredible, Custom-Fit Raglan Sweater (with notes for making a V neck, but less detailed than Knitting from the Top)

Have fun!  

Zahra Ovaci

Blue-eyes-green

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:03 am
I'm also a creative writer, so I work on my stories in my head. So sometimes I'll actually say out loud something like, "Oh of course! Phinius is really the immortal enchanter Zoranoster!" Which would freak out my roommate if she wasn't used to me by now.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:39 am
New musings:

1. The incredible fit custom raglan sweater pattern is cool. Dang cool.

2. Continental knitting is of the devil.

3. Thou shall not practice continental knitting on the sleeve of the Incredible fit custom raglan sweater when the entire front, back, left sleeve and 3/4 of the right sleeve has been knit in English style knitting if you actually want it to be incredible and custom fit.

Continental knitting makes be feel like a rank n00b again.  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Lore Lux

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:39 am
I sort of zone out when I craft.

When I finish, I start musing about the next item I'm going to create.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:06 pm
I love planning what I'm going to make next...

Though that can be a bad thing as I have three (technically five) projects on the needles, and yarn boght and planned for at least six or seven more >.<  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Tiga Claw

150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:30 pm
I love your random musing. Mwahahaha! The hat's mine!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:36 am
I always like randon thoughts smile

Musing for the day:

Oooh, a new brand of wool in at the LYS.

I think it will felt well and right now felting = hats.

So... have you ever had the feeling where you go into a LYS and your eyes is automatically attracted to one skein of yarn? Something about the color or texture or whatever.

Usually I am attracted to the browns, the heathered greens, mossy tones, greys and tans and suchlike... but today? Oooh new yarn... it was like bees to honey and I picked up the first skein that caught my eye and bought it.

It's pink.

Bright freakin' pink.

It's got this lovely marled thing going for it, with a ply of this lovely heather rose... but still...

It's pink  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Silver Sunrise

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:43 am
Pink isn't so bad. I like pink, in fact my size 19 needles are hot pink. xd

My musing for today....
"Knitting is so relaxing..... Must buy more yarn, I'm almost out!" Is that sad? I started knitting sunday and I'm addicted. xd and I bought four balls of yarn and I'm down to two. One fun fur (to make mouse toys for my daughter/parent's cats) and some "kitchen yarn" to make more dish rags. *rambles on and on about what she wants to make*  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:03 am
I like to listen to my mp3 player while knitting, it makes me knit faster but can also drown out any thoughts I might be pondering at the time.  

faeriebell

Eloquent Conversationalist

15,975 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:11 am
That makes for a good question...

What's the best music to listen to while knitting? (or crocheting or sewing or beading or... you get the point)  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:56 am
My normal thoughts consist of something along the lines of
"OMIGAWD THE NEXT EYESHIELD BOOK COMES OUT _______"
Because most of my knits are inspired by anime or manga in some way, so I think about anime and manga.
At least it keeps me from thinking about OTHER things that I could be doing at that moment, like making a new scarf or putting a nice new hem on that sweater or *is conked on the head with a frying pan and dragged away from the screen*  

MicroMiniMuffins

Tes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:29 pm
~
When I craft I am usually thinking about money.
At least lately.
How crafting is either saving me money or costing me money or just how I would have liked to win that 38mil in the last lottery (damn you whoever won).

~

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:28 pm
Tes
~
When I craft I am usually thinking about money.
At least lately.
How crafting is either saving me money or costing me money or just how I would have liked to win that 38mil in the last lottery (damn you whoever won).

~

*nodnod* yeah, I do that too.

I stash because I know there will be a time I cannot afford yarn crying

Though if I won the lotto, I might buy so many crafting supp;lies I would need a new house...

Then again that's what lottos are for, aren't they?  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:30 am
I tend to think about random stuff as well. A lot of my crafted items end up being gifts, so I think about the person I'm making the item for. I also ponder things like God, the nature of humanity, and what life will be like after I'm married.

That is, if I'm not thinking about the TV show I'm halfway paying attention to or random silly thoughts like "I crochet, therefore I am."  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff