have you seen this?
  ya
  no
View Results

Nimewe

Garbage Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:15 pm
Underworld_Keeper
I agree with The_Angry_Fatalist (first post)
...In fact I was going to post something similar to this a few days ago...

Just because I'm Goth, doesn't mean I don't laugh when something funny happens, or have a crush on a certain guy...I hate how we're molded into this stereotypical persona, that we worship Satan, slit our wrists, and don't believe in god. It angers me, but I've recently come to the conclusion that people are going to think what they want to think...I'm not going to go out of my way trying to get people to understand, because if they don't want to they wont...But if I have a chance to talk to someone, then I'll correct their thinking on Goths...But until then, I say "screw it" and let them think what they want.

-Underworld_Keeper
Eh yeah people have their own personal opinion on us Goths. I can't explain anything to my friend cause he is too ignorant about Goths so I try to live with the s**t he says to me.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:11 pm
Honestly, I think this thing is propagating as many stereotypes as it's shooting down.

Personally, I've been dressing goth, singing goth songs and (arguably) acting goth for 12 years, and in all that time I have never been accused of
-belonging to a cult
-practicing black magic
-worshipping satan
-drinking blood
-cutting

Nor have I been abused, victimised or jeered at. No one, no one has misjudged me based on how I dress. And that's probably because I don't assume anyone is going to.

Most people will treat you like a decent human being if you act polite. Showing just a little respect will squelch almost anyone's fears that you're freak or a thug because you're wearing black. Believe me, it's a lot more effective than complaining.  

Veruniel
Crew

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:34 pm
GilAskan
While I generally agree with the post, it's not very well written. It really just addresses what goth isn't without ever actually mentioning what goth is.

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff